Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold flake, I was checking some maps you asked about earlier, but never got around to it.

Red rectangle is deep like would be expected for a cave/tunnel, but seems more like a military type of signal. It might be they once had a hole there or militia arms hidden in a cave. You might try metal detecting in the area to the right of it.

Red circles you could check with a metal detector for stuff.

Attachments

• 3D2-C-gold flake.jpg
    3D2-C-gold flake.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 3D3-gold flake.jpg
    3D3-gold flake.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

gold flake

Jun 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold flake, I was checking some maps you asked about earlier, but never got around to it.

Red rectangle is deep like would be expected for a cave/tunnel, but seems more like a military type of signal. It might be they once had a hole there or militia arms hidden in a cave. You might try metal detecting in the area to the right of it.

VERY VERY INTERESTING INFO RED DESERT!

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting Red and flake, Ive read the entire thread so far and learned a lot! Would it be alright Red if I posted a picture of some property that has been in my family for some time? Its way up high on a mountain and was mainly used to log and hunt Deer. Recently Ive turned to gold and mineral hunting along with metal detecting for relics and Ive always heard my grandfather speak of mines on the property on top of the ridge and also a family that lived up near there and had a homestead but ive never been able to find the mines. I have a good idea of where the homestead would have been but no confirmation yet, and I have a idea for where the mine or mines may be based off of where my grandfather said they were.

I am just getting into detecting and have done some experiments with rod dowsing to some degree looking for placer gold with good results, I have not detected nor prospected this area yet, its not a known gold bearing region but many quicksilver, chromium and copper mines have been reported. I am planning a trip as soon as the weather gets dry and warm so it would be great if I had a plan of where i might look before hand.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a photo of the area in question, anything withing the black boxes would likely be on the property and are of main interest for the old homestead, there are a few homesteads in the very bottom box of sure.im guessing the homestead would be somewhere close to center of the boxes, the mines somewhere center and to the very top of the boxes. If you could take a look and tell me what you think, anything would be much appreciated and id owe you one!

goat property 2.JPG goat property.JPG

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, soon as I get time.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Red, its much appreciated.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, looks like plenty of spots to check. Red/green boxes to mark old sites. Green in general is a color indicator, I use for various other targets mostly archaeological (old ruins or foundations but especially those non-metallic objects such as Indian flints, glass, pottery, carved stone with treasure signs).

On your other map, white boxes were first hit. White in general is a color indicator, I use for natural caves or man made tunnel entrances and other similar type excavations.

Attachments

• goat property-Asmbandits.JPG
    goat property-Asmbandits.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 91
  • goat property 2-Asmbandits.JPG
    goat property 2-Asmbandits.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 90

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you much Red, I will report back what I find.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, looks like plenty of spots to check. Red/green boxes to mark old sites. Green in general is a color indicator, I use for various other targets mostly archaeological (old ruins or foundations but especially those non-metallic objects such as Indian flints, glass, pottery, carved stone with treasure signs).

On your other map, white boxes were first hit. White in general is a color indicator, I use for natural caves or man made tunnel entrances and other similar type excavations.

After some investigating with goggle earth many if not most of you green/red boxes show signs of logging close up, many are clearings or pads used for logging. the white box is in an area where I always suspected caves/digging of some type in the proximity of where my grandfather spoke of so this is exciting, and some of the red/green boxes are close to where we think the homestead may be.

Could remains of old logging show up as a humanly disturbed area or pertain to what you are asking in dowsing? Id say im very impressed as im seeing many good signs from your reading, if the logging pertained to the questions asked while dowsing it would be very convincing or your ability!

Do you think there is any gold in the shaft/cave targets or a mineral? Would there be areas that would be better for metal detecting than others?

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
duplicate sorry

gold flake

Jun 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi red desrt
i am going to the farm on Friday(but just for 3hours)
I am going to tri and get better pics of this area for you

gold flake

Jun 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi red desrt
i am going to the farm on Friday(but just for 3hours)
I am going to tri and get better pics of this area for you

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Gold flake, nice you have a farm to get away to out in the mountains.

gold flake

Jun 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How you keeping "red", still cold up there?
Whats your opinion IMG-20131026-00936.jpg Port Elizabeth-20131217-01101.jpg on these?
At moment i dont get a lot of time to go to farm.

ripper1

Apr 17, 2014
greece
Primary Interest:
Other
attachment τρεσ.jpg here have gold..
Here is a photo of the area in question, anything withing the black boxes would likely be on the property and are of main interest for the old homestead, there are a few homesteads in the very bottom box of sure.im guessing the homestead would be somewhere close to center of the boxes, the mines somewhere center and to the very top of the boxes. If you could take a look and tell me what you think, anything would be much appreciated and id owe you one!

View attachment 954701 View attachment 954702

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gold flake, is warming up to 72 degrees this week (finally), has been a slow spring.

Not getting much on this pic, whatever signals got, seemed deep in the red area.

Attachments

• Port Elizabeth-20131217-gold flake.jpg
    Port Elizabeth-20131217-gold flake.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 77

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions