guillermo

Dec 2, 2015
San Jose, Ca
Detector(s) used
White- V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mark3665,
I seen your picture of the Spanish Dip Needle. I have one very similar to the one on the left. Mine has three replaceable ends for this needle. One is marked 1. One is marked 2. One is marked.3. One is for Gold, One is for Silver and one is for paper money. I do not know which one is for what. Do you know. Mine is made by Carl Anderson of Tampa Florida and I have tried to find out more but not successful. If you know could you let me know more abut which number is for what metal. E Mail me if you would. thanks. <[email protected]>

guillermo

Dec 2, 2015
San Jose, Ca
Detector(s) used
White- V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a real Spanish Dip Needle. I have one just as pictured with three extra needles, one for Gold, one for Silver and one for Paper (Money) assume.
Do you have any operating instructions for it. I do have the original instructions as it comes with three needles. ,marked, 2, 2, 3. Don't know which is which.
If you have any other info on this, please E-Mail me. <[email protected]> Thanks, Bill..

guillermo

Dec 2, 2015
San Jose, Ca
Detector(s) used
White- V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Honey-bunches,
This is a real Spanish Dip Needle. I have one just as pictured with three extra needles, one for Gold, one for Silver and one for Paper (Money) assume.
Do you have any operating instructions for it. I do have the original instructions as it comes with three needles. ,marked, 2, 2, 3. Don't know which is which.
If you have any other info on this, please E-Mail me. <[email protected]> Thanks, Bill..

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't call that a Spanish Dip Needle, more like a Miner's compass. The Spanish Dip Needles look like two sets of knitting needles. Two people hold them with the tips touching the other person's needles (usually a piece of string holds everything together) and they walk along and wait for them to dip over the target. Personally I would say that is nearly impossible to get any kind of accuracy. Bad enough one person influencing things. LOL

That Miner's Compass, well obviously the compass needle does not pull to gold. At best that iron pyrite in the glass tube might resonant with a large magnetic ore deposit that might contain some gold or not. I would guess it starts to swing or bounce. Sort of like a baited dowsing rod. You know even the MFD type frequency discriminators are 80% operator skill, so you are looking at higher operator skill yet, similar to the dowsing rod. I say don't waste your time. If it was easy then all you would need to do is put a sample out and you would get a response. Didn't work, did it?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
i don't call that a Spanish Dip Needle, more like a Miner's compass.. The Spanish Dip Needles look like two sets of knitting needles.
The set my friend has are made of flat iron with the handles cut down. There is a Knoch cut in the end of each rod. When the two people come together and the knochs fit together dig there
That Miner's Compass, well obviously the compass needle does not pull to gold
Two different things. There are Spanish Dip Needles and another contraption called a miners compass

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To take this further, the frequency discriminators require 80% operator skill and the other 20% is the equipment. An electronic receiver is less than 50% but you see there is still operator skill required. Compare that to a dowsing rod, probably 98% operator skill. One of the phony calculators taped to an antenna--about the same as a plain L-rod with no bait. A baited dowsing rod about 95% operator skill. The Miner's Compass, I can't see it being any better than a baited L-rod, actually quite a bit less sensitive. As for the Spanish Dip Needles, they must be one of the most difficult to use devices ever made.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
To take this further, the frequency discriminators require 80% operator skill and the other 20% is the equipment. An electronic receiver is less than 50% but you see there is still operator skill required. Compare that to a dowsing rod, probably 98% operator skill.
I see this statement as totally false
One of the phony calculators taped to an antenna--about the same as a plain L-rod with no bait.
Wrong
A baited dowsing rod about 95% operator skill.
False

boblemon

May 14, 2015
Kansas city Kansas
Detector(s) used
All Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my dip needle i bought off e-bay it's like the one pictured in the first part of this thread. Anyways you can tell this things old and even came with original directions and a nice box anyways. I read the directions set it up as specified. And whay la it worked perfect. held it over my gold cross on my ring and it dropped a full 10 degree/s now to get perfect using it. It;s an awsum looking device for sure. and for 55 dollars on ebay that was a deal theres more there except there a hell of a lot more than what i paid/ I'll keep yall informed on how it does in Colorado when i head out there. Thanks all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions