Do you guys ever see/hear strange things while treasure hunting/dowsing?

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I sometimes see or feel strange things when out treasure hunting ,especially for caches or gold.Of course when I try to tell my friends/relatives, they always want proof and then blow me off when I can't produce a photo or more. Heck, I don't even drink any brews and they know this and still shake their heads.
Last time was in 2006.I was photographing a possible cache site in the woods nearby 2, 4 lane highways.I was using a Polaroid camera which a fellow dowser told me he could see energies from buried caches but only with Polaroids. I was gonna photo this site and send him the pictures for analysis. I had found 2 depressions with my Lrods there earlier so was taking pictures of those.I turned around and decided to shoot the area behind me for just in case, when I heard this noise, like you would hear tree branches make when they are swishing against each other during a thunderstorm.
Only, there was no storm.It was a bit drizzly and overcast but hardly any wind. I had noticed some small trees blown down along the bike path adjoining the woods but we had had a bad storm the night before.
So, I could not locate the noise location until I peeked out from under the tree cover and saw a tree right in the center of a cluster of tall trees, probably 50+ feet tall. This tree was shaking so hard as I watched it that I thought it was about to be uprooted.The top of the tree was moving at least 5-10 feet in either direction like Paul Bunyan was trying to rip it out of the ground. The tree was approx 100-200? feet from me and I could still hear it moving ! Well, I was wanting to go investigate, but had only a shovel and my Lesche digger for self defense and was all alone and nobody knew I was there, so I decided I better just stand and watch.
I did some research when I got home and found the last bear in my area had been killed in Chicago in 1870 and it was the wrong season for deers to be rubbing against trees, much less being able to shake a 50-60 foot tall tree as violently as this one was shaking. Somebody suggested a bulldozer but there is no contruction in this area and again it was the tree in the center of a bunch of them.
My Indian lady friend thinks a ghost was trying to tell me to come dig over there instead of where I was. Who knows? Do strange things like this happen to anybody else?
Maybe I need to go back there with a friend and repeat the photo session and see what happens?
In the meantime, I dug one of the depressions down 3 feet and no gold bars. So, I am hanging up the towel on treasure dowsing,too much time wasted in 30 years and no big finds other than a few silver coins, and sticking with native gold map dowsing instead since I have found placer gold and 1 acorn size nugget at 4 of 5 sites I map dowsed in the last 2 years, just not enough gold to quit my job yet.Hopefully this will be the big year? Might as well stick with what works I think.

-Tom

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
TV: No wonder you're not doing good! If you don't go back to that Tree, you're nuts! What do you need, an invitation? Go Go Go!

HH Joe

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT17000/Explorer XS/Exp SE Pro
Tvanwho,

Stay away from or do not discuss dowsing with so-called friends and relatives who you know will 'blow you off' as a nut case. The neat thing about America is, you get to be any kind of nut case you want. In dowsing, I am sure that negative input will produce negative results. Hang around people who believe in you.

Bud

OP
OP
T

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Strange events number 2, October 2006

I was out gold hunting again last fall and threw away a super heavy, black, fist size rock my MXT sounded off on at a spot where my L rods crossed and where my map dowsing indicated for 4-7K ounces of gold. Still kickin myself as I have been told 3 times since then ,that gold nuggets are sometimes coated with a layer of black manganese oxide which must be removed with acid,dang it !!!
Shortly after this, at another spot in the same creek, i was feelin prettty depressed at not findin any yellow stuff.I stood on one side of the creek lookin downstream at some shallow rapids and suddenly all my troubles seemed to vanish when this voice came into my head and kept repeating these words: "Life has meaning here,life has meaning here." Everything felt real peaceful all of a sudden and I was half expecting an angel to show up? I turned around and asked my buddy if he could feel it too, and he says yes, it feels really peaceful here. I really wanted to stay there and meditate with my eyes closed but was pooped from 6 hours of hiking hills in the search for gold.
Now I am waiting for ol man winter to leave and summer weather so I can get back to these 2 spots. Sure hope the spring floods do not take my heavy black rock? Am hopin to find lots more. I also found evidence of a placer sluice operation there( remains of a cone shaped tailings pile of rocks just upstream of where I found the black rock plus 3 gravel bars there that were all perfectly flat,like cobblestone streets?), probably 100 years old.And this area is known NOT to have any gold.Even the locals laughed their heads off when i asked about gold panning in the area? Dunno if its worth it to get official permission here or not? Found another spot there where it looked like somebody had dynamited a limestone ridge butting up next to the creek and left a big crater but no gold signals found there.
I never woulda found any of these things if it weren't for my gold map dowsing leading me here. I could have searched that area for 100 years and never found these spots using conventional prospecting techniques.
I wonder what a fist size gold nugget would have been worth? Guess I better go get it and get it analyzed before I speculate any farther...

--Tom

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
Tom Tom Tom Tom

First; do not ever back away from strong 'feelings'! Feelings that talk to you are scary but are the most real kind you can have.

Second; your dowsing told you to search....go to an area that was not 'known' to produce gold. You found sluices, tailing piles and evidence of blasting from long ago. Hey Son, whoever did all this did not go to the trouble if the cupboard was bare. Those boys had it rough; no technology, motorized retrieval equip. or even sawn lumber. You can be assured their ground payed wages for a time or they would have checked a few pans and walked away.

You can also be sure they had no way to speculate what might be below the bottom of their last shovel full. The only way they could make wages is by SEEING gold in the pan or sluice. You, on the other hand, have a comfortable vehicle, metal detector and a dowsing tool that put you on the EXACT ground where no one else has knowledge of a past diggings(hope you have sense enough to keep quiet).

Get a detailed topo of the spot and dowse it using specific questions. Use a straight-edge and get crossed lines for questions/requests such as, 'point toward the greatest concentration of placer gold within the area of the map in front of me' or 'on this map, point toward the largest concentration of gold that is within range of my metal detector'. You already know the lay of the ground so word your questions accordingly.

Also and equally important, try to get the tension of 'gold fever' out of your heart, mind and body. Greed will kill your efforts. Concentrate on a specific 'need' that is ethical and helping to others. After I employed this mindset, my real-provable finds increased tenfold. My 'need' thought is totally credible and real. I 'need' to accumulate enough wealth to make sure my wife is not destitute or in need if I were to die suddenly. This bothered me for years. I'm at the point now where I will probably need to change my 'need' thought. You can not fool the pendulum.

Last; go to the county courthouse and BLM office and verify that you are good-to-go legally. Make sure if and when it is time to file, you do some research to make sure you do it correctly AND completely. Horrible things can happen if you do not. Ask me how I know.

Much luck'

Bud

OP
OP
T

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Bud, for the encouraging words

Thanks for the encouraging words Bud. I have already done all the topo map dowsing for this area and it looks like there are 3 main gold areas, 1 placer and 2 bank deposits and I am estimating the total around 20 K ounces. I have found another even hotter gold area 30 miles east of there and when I was dowsing that area, I needed a landmark so I found me a small farm town and marked it.Well, I blew the map up and guess what I see next? Gold Mine Road ! Again,I never woulda found the area if it weren't for the map dowsing. I was asking if there any 1000 ounce or larger gold deposits within 100 miles of where I started searching initially and thats how I got drawn to the big gold area in the 1st place. Plus a guy at my welding shop suggested looking up that way too.
I met a local farmer last fall who told me to come back this spring when the weather warms up as he wants to see my gold dredge working.He knows who owns the land where I found the heavy black rock altho I did NOT tell him about it.I have found most locals don't like out of towners but if somebody introduces you and is local, you stand a much better chance of getting the ok. I have the guys wifes business card here.So, should I just keep the black rocks out of the picture when I ask for permission to pan for gold or maybe mention I need black rocks for my rock garden instead? Heck, farmers always have piles of rocks in the woods they take off their fields?
Only 2 of us know where I was when I got that rock and my buddy wants to keep it top secret.I have a hard time keepin quiet after making a discovery so need some help on this,already got burnt once from blabbing.
I never did very well at dowsing stocks because of the Need vs Want issue I think? Even when I try to tell the dowsing I need retirement money and money to pay off my debts and reduce my stress levels, it still won't work reliably,dunno why not?
Are you nearby Bud? Maybe we could meet up and dowse together? I am in Illinois myself. Too bad I am basically scared of people, always been real shy,hard to get my self confidence and self esteem up.Got any tips on how to improve on this?

-Tom

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
Tom,

Stay scared of people...listen to your friend. I have found that people are mostly good and true.....until money or gold enters the picture.

By all means try to get permission to 'prospect' the property. The guy who owns it can throw you off for tresspassing. The standard cut (if there is one) is 10-15 percent to the land/claim owner if you do all the work. If he doesn't have a clue there's gold there, you are not obligated to give away the fact you have already found it. What you must not do is...steal it from him. He deserves a fair cut. Just go in with a request to 'prospect'. Offer to give him a disclaimer that states he is not responsible in the event you are hurt due to your prospecting. By all means try to get permission to search in writing. This will also give you a foot in the door to file a claim in your own name. If the owner finds you have found gold on his property without you legally protecting yourself......you are done. He will smile as you go out his gate.

I know that separating greed from need is a hard thing. I am sure it is imperative you work on it. Keep in mind that this gold is just a tool, something you will trade in to make life better for your family. It's nothing to get excited about, just a different kind of rock that happens to have some value. It is the help to better your family...and possibly friends that is important. Work on your mind-set. Also, don't let those 'black rocks' sidetrack you. By all means check them, bust them apart, check for specific gravity. Hard to believe the 'old' miners could have missed them.

Thanks for the offer but I'm a bit farther West than is handy. You be careful who you deal with and don't back away from getting it done. If you need advice or a shoulder to whine on, give me a holler.

Hey all you other people out there. This fella is needing good advice. If I've steered wrong, correct me.....and by all means, add to it.

Bud

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Bud and Tavanwho..Thanks for your post as I am enjoying them..As for the split with the land owner...What ever you can come up with....I have worked for a 1/3 of what I found...This was because the land owner knew what was there and so did I.....Don't get greedy but don't let someone walk all over you....The old timers didn't do a good job and there is a lot still out there...Art

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
My percentage numbers are from twenty five years ago in CAL and AK when I worked claims owned by others(15% to the owner). This meant I did the diving and punched the test holes and fought the current and hopefully found the paystreaks. It's scary if the going price now is 33% for the miner. I'm glad I got older and smarter.

Good luck and try for a better number.

Bud

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
JESUIT markers? A little tip on fist sized black rocks just peeping up out of top soil or grass.
I have found these to be "outside" markers. Meaning the end of the line as they rarely buried in single caches. THey also mean "dont go this way" or "stop"

Sometimes you will see a largish rock with pitch painted over it. Same thing. Also it can mean a single cache or tunnel.
Its highly possible your long range dowsing was picking up Jesuit caches. Until you have an extra strong dowsing session and happen to be there on the spot you may not understand what you are dowsing.Max

OP
OP
T

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Stock dowsing improved after I...ethics questions

I started asking permission if it was ok to info or map dowse and my stock market dowsing improved, actually have 2 profitable trades in a row now.It does help to spot stock trends and make a play on those plus do the dowsing but don't get too greedy! . Am currently long on Garmin ( yes ,the guys who make our GPS gizmos) My dowsing likes the stock up to around 64-65 over the next week, plus the chart suggests the stock will move up into the low 60's, from 52-53 hit several weeks ago, when earnings are out next week Wednesday.The stock seems to move in 8-10 point swings I noticed from the charts. I bought at 53 1/2 ,now its at 58 1/2 in a week.
I also am in a quandary over paid map dowsing lately? If I am doing work for somebody else for a fee and am not finding any reasonably good spots for them on the map they sent, I found I could map dowse for richer ground outside the map area right off the computer screen maps. I found a much richer spot for 1 guy but hate to give away a spot worth millions potentially and almost within diggin distance? I already told him about the new spot so guess I am on the hook now. Guess I will have to contain myself in the future or offer to do the extra long range map dowsing for an additional fee? What do you guys think?
I had a rather bad nightmare over this issue and was tempted to quit map dowsing altogether afterwards. The main question here is ,is it ethical to keep a really hot gold spot found on a clients map to myself, or am I obligated to point it out? Of course the spot in question is 2000 miles away and I may never get out there and it will take core drilling and some money to confirm it.
How much does it cost to hire somebody to sink some core drills 50-100 feet and analyze the cores anyway? I can't find any websites with info on this,any suggestions?

-Thanks-Tom

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
You were hired to dowse a map and dowsed a map. The second area is a seperate transaction. Keep it to yourself or offer it to the man at an additional fee. Keep in mind that when you charge people to do a map they will assume that negative results mean that you are a crook and intend to cheat them. Similiar to what you thought at your indiana site a few weeks ago. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread