Geotagging

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a talk by an FBI agent on Internet crimes. There's lots of terrible tracking software out there. If you don't know what geotagging is, you are probably already a victim. Photos and texts by cell phones and other devices have embedded in them the GPS coordinates. So when you get a request to post a photo of your treasure site, guess what? They want the coordinates. The FBI agent said what I have already said many times--you NEVER know who you are talking with on the internet.

The FBI agent told about a guy from Montana who was having a conversation with a guy in Arizona. The guy in Arizona stopped replying to this guy and he drove from Montana to Arizona looking for him. When they caught him he had a map with all the GPS points marked on it where this guy had been. You can imagine what the guy was going to do to him, pretty much your worst nightmare. BEWARE.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I am sure there are a few crooks out there…I have returned maps to people 10 0’s of times with the cord of treasure locations…So far I have not received any complaints…Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had recently, some PMs from fake profiles requesting a Skype interview. One of them sent a PM only 24-48 hours after registering on TreasureNet, yet had a running total of 5 million $$$$ worth of gold bars since 2006 0r 2007 (don't remember which). They want to steal your gold bars, if you have any.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread