Beginner Dowser, help on a few questions

kahuna1972

Mar 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dowsers.. Thanks for having me.
When I was in the 5th grade, my neighbor "an old Cajun/indian man" was walking in his back yard with some bent clothes hangers. I of course wanted to know what he was doing, he said he was trying to find his water line. I normally would have thought he was messing with me, but I had caught him doing this, it wasn't a setup. So he asked me to try.. I walked a few feet from where we were standing with no instructions at all from him, and the clothes hangers crossed. He smiled and got a stick and put down in this spot, then told me to walk around it in a big circle. Sure enough at 2 points 180 degrees from each other they closed again. I continued to do this all the way up by his house, where there was a shut off for the incoming water. He said that was amazing, because he was not able to do it, but his Mother could. He then hid his car keys out in the back yard, and I was able to find those also. I'm now 41 years old, and that was the last and only time I ever dowsed...
So today, I ran across this site on accident and it peeked my curiosity. So I went and cut up 2 hangars, then placed a "leatherman" multitool down on the floor walked over it, and poof!!! the hangars closed.."I still got it"!! I threw down a quarter and they closed too, but not as definite as the bulky metal tool. I was just setting the stage to my questions...

Question 1: I saw on here where people were dowsing pictures?? How do you do that? I looked for some link or a tutorial, but didn't see anything. I know this may seem silly to yall, but I fish offshore, and I think it would be cool for me dowse my offshore maps for where the Grouper are. I mean that seriously.. I think if I were to think about what area would be most productive before I went out, and had some kind of sign, it would be awesome. I mean people dowse for stuff other than water, pipes, and gold right? So any info on dowsing pictures would be helpful.. There is no need to ask me any questions, because yall know every bit of my complete dowsing history..lol

Thanks for anyone's help..

2013042695180951.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I know this may seem silly to yall, but I fish offshore, and I think it would be cool for me dowse my offshore maps for where the Grouper are."

You asked, but I don't think that is silly to dowse for fish. There is a thread with photos of trophy size smallmouth bass caught in late fall after a cold freeze when even the most experienced bass boat pros couldn't get a nibble from a perch. I went on a fishing trip with Dad to a lake we once fished, when youth growing up on a family vacation trip. Of course, had no dowsing equipment along, so improvised and used a lead jig on a nylon line to map dowse a lake topo that we found in the cabin.

Lead once used as pendulums in the good ole days, since then we know about the toxic effects. Some old timers used to spray paint a bell sinker for a pendulum. Most dowsers fell it is negative because of the health hazards. So many other materials are used now, find out what works for you.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/279220-underwater-map-dowsing.html

Attachments

• fishcatch2d.jpg
    fishcatch2d.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 90
  • fishcatch2e.jpg
    fishcatch2e.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread