Blind dowser.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean blind to reality? I'd say most people who claim to be a dowser fit that category. Claimed map dowsers x 10.

Sometimes depending on the rod weight a person can close their eyes and feel the rod response. My take here is that during the full moon is the best time to experience this. Some say it is the only time. Others have said you can't use an L-rod in the dark. From my own experience i would agree with this. Also experienced dowsers say you can't use a witness in the dark.

But being blind is not the same as trying to work in the dark. There is a thing called blind sight. Fact is your skin can receive a much wider band of energy than your eyes. With training most people can learn to detect colors with their hands. Christopher Hills says some people can learn to read newspaper print with their skin. You see the eyes were at one time just a fold of sensitive skin that evolved into a very narrow band of reception of the EM spectrum.

So I see no reason why a blind person could not learn to dowse other than how to recognize an L-rod response. I recall an L-rod that had lights on it when it detected movement. You could easily hook up a buzzer/vibrator. Like the Pinball Wizard "Ain't got no distractions. Can't hear no buzzers and bells. Don't see no lights a flashing..."

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
I have'nt yet seen nor heard of one, BUT, I have a very large feeling of what will come in on this question.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i saw an article about a device that blind people hold in their mouth and the nerves on their tongue allow them to see. Another device they take a picture like with their cellphone and then run it through some free software that converts the photo into sound waves. the blind person can reproduce the photo in their mind. Getting back to blind sight, there was a TV show titled "Is there a sixth sense?" They said blind people can look at picture of a person's face and then they mimic the emotion of that person. There are nine different pathways to the mind most don't go through the visual center and most anyone can learn to use these.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You mean blind to reality? I'd say most people who claim to be a dowser fit that category. Claimed map dowsers x 10.

Sometimes depending on the rod weight a person can close their eyes and feel the rod response. My take here is that during the full moon is the best time to experience this. Some say it is the only time. Others have said you can't use an L-rod in the dark. From my own experience i would agree with this. Also experienced dowsers say you can't use a witness in the dark.

But being blind is not the same as trying to work in the dark. There is a thing called blind sight. Fact is your skin can receive a much wider band of energy than your eyes. With training most people can learn to detect colors with their hands. Christopher Hills says some people can learn to read newspaper print with their skin. You see the eyes were at one time just a fold of sensitive skin that evolved into a very narrow band of reception of the EM spectrum.

So I see no reason why a blind person could not learn to dowse other than how to recognize an L-rod response. I recall an L-rod that had lights on it when it detected movement. You could easily hook up a buzzer/vibrator. Like the Pinball Wizard "Ain't got no distractions. Can't hear no buzzers and bells. Don't see no lights a flashing..."

It is a well known fact that dowsing skeptics claim that one reason dowsers are so successful at dowsing is they are good at seeing clues on the ground that tell them something is there. They point to dowsers as if they are the ultimate professionals at this skill.

So, before I go on, I can't tell for sure if SIGNAL LINE is a hard core skeptic or just a little bit of a skeptic. Set me straight on this point.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
So, before I go on, I can't tell for sure if SIGNAL LINE is a hard core skeptic or just a little bit of a skeptic. Set me straight on this point.
Hey Les...When I am dowsing I walk fast..At the point where I feel the rods start pulling I stop and walk slowly until they cross..I have been told by skeptics that a blind person could find as much treasure as I...I still don’t think that would ever happen...Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Signal Line:

When you mention "Blind to reality?" ,what reality are you referring to?

Les.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The thing I am getting at here is if a "blind dowser" dowses out things in the ground, that find would void out dowsing skeptics claim that dowsers success is because they are able to see clues to where a target is. The same would go for a dowser who is not blind, but has a blind fold like a sleeping mask placed over their eyes, then finds things while dowsing. Blinded or blind folded with a sleeping mask so both cannot see anything with the eyes, the conclusion about the find is the same. Right??

Last edited:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
:coffee2:well Les, I suppose we should remember the poor skeptics for what they really are; they commend themselves but
they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves,
are not wise.
your last post concerning the conclusion, you are correct.:coffee2: nother cup.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But why are they silent on this?

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
:coffee2: If we knew the answer to that, it might explain a lot, or too much about them.:coffee2:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Signal Line:

When you mention "Blind to reality?" ,what reality are you referring to?

Les.

Sorry your question requires too much work on my part to answer completely. Sure we are all blind to reality only some are more blind than others. As for someone claiming to be a dowser but refuses to get daily feedback, they are blind in thinking they can dowse accurately and reliably. Sorry to say that includes the vast majority of people on this forum. I've been over this many times. To get real feedback the easiest way is to hide the test target yourself like by spinning around with your eyes and ears covered and toss the target. At that point you can either physically dowse it or map dowse it. That way no one knows where it is and there is no mind reading or mental telepathy involved. You can't look at the hider and read their body language, either. If a person is not performing this practice several times each day they are hiding the truth from themselves. So I guess you could say the truth is reality.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit I can only make assumptions why people don't get the daily feedback. Lazy? Yes, but I have to believe it is more like they are afraid of finding out the truth. Especially in the case of map dowsing they will find out the accuracy and reliability are just not there. I could say they hope someone will find a treasure on a map they dowsed and think they found it for them. After ten thousand map dowsed marks on this forum you would think someone is going to find something sooner or later. But like I say it doesn't work like a slot machine that pays off after so many plays. The truth is the odds are staggering. Just one square mile has over three million square yards. A quadrangle topo map has over 150 million about the same as winning the Powerball jackpot give or take a few tens of millions.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In post #13, YOU SAID: "After ten thousand map dowsed marks on this forum you would think someone is going to find something sooner or later".

When you say: "to find something", what is "something"?

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's get something clear. I know dowsing works because I have found stuff several times. I have also failed more times than I can count. But I accept I am not perfect. Map dowsing, okay I accept that some people have found stuff because I believe Dell Winders when he says he has found stuff. I have never witnessed it and my own searchings from professional map dowsers has turned up zero. Come on, maybe one in five like with the frequency generators I would be very happy. I've said Sam "Lobo" Wolfe says the typical map dowser has odds of ten-thousand to one against them.

And yes, I will say if you don't get daily feedback I have no other course than to say it's arrogant and ignorant. Every book ever written says practice, practice, practice. Basically these guys are saying they don't need practice, don't need feedback. Look, I like most of these guys. I'm here to say I know things are not right. You know what they say about changing your ways--you won't change until you get sick and tired of the way you are. But the first step is to admit to yourself that you are the problem. Many people will blame someone else--kill the messenger. If I didn't care I wouldn't say a word.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, but you didn't answer my question. So, here it is again. In post #13, YOU SAID: "After ten thousand map dowsed marks on this forum you would think someone is going to find something sooner or later".

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any skeptic who thinks dowsers get visual clues doesn't know a f'ing thing about it.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You still didn't answer my question. So, here it is again. In post #13, YOU SAID: "After ten thousand map dowsed marks on this forum you would think someone is going to find something sooner or later".

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pat yourself on the back lesjcbs. You may not get a satisfactory answer and say you have us stumped. I am not a dowser and don't claim to be. I have had a lot of images/maps dowsed on the forum and elsewhere. When I get a couple of hits that are close together from different dowsers I would call that something. Some are within a hundred yards or so of each other. I would call that something. Most are further. I would also call that something. Now it seems to me that many of these dowsers, and I believe they would agree, can identify an ore such as gold, silver or whatever but its harder to say if is ore, coin or bullion. Even if they can make an accurate identification of what it is and location then that is something. There are too many things to consider to get an accurate pinpoint from an image or a map. IMO
Nicholas

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might be right that SIGNAL LINE may not answer my question. Time will tell. None-the-less, it is a simple question and most skeptics I have encountered wont answer it either. But one thing is crystal clear, SIGNAL LINE comes on as the ultimate expert in dowsing. In short, I am saying "SIGNAL LINE" is actually a hard core skeptic that was either kicked out of this forum in the past and came back in under a new name, or has been a skeptic right from the first, but pretends to be a dowser.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread