Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, this is something new, to me at least!
I caught an episode of America Unearthed and there was a gentleman using dowsing L-Rods on the show and I was impressed that he was able to find an item when asked to see if he could.

So I started to do a little research on Dowsing and discovered quite a number of things written on Dowsing and the tools to do it with.
Intrigued from what I read, I pictured the L-Rods I would like to try Dowsing with and ordered some Solid Copper 1/8" rod.

It took me less than ten minutes to make both L-Rods in my shop.
I cut the length to 18" inches each (with a jeweler's saw so I didn't pinch the rod) and then bent the handle down at 5" using my hands while the rods were held in my vise!

I was careful to bend them square to the right angle! I rounded each end and was then set to go! I did not use any handles on the rods as I felt I didn't need them and having handles would not let me get in touch with the L-Rods as I visualized!

To say I was blown away is to put it mildly!

Holding them balanced out in front of me, with my elbows slightly bent, they instantly started to move.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Dowsing will work a little different for each of us.....Read, read and practice a lot..Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread