New Dowsing Request 6/18/2014

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gents, (and Ladies)
I appreciate the other dowsing you have done in the past and would like to see if any of you can take a crack at these pictures as well. This land is owned by a friend and has been in has family for a long time. He has an older White's detector and just recently bought himself an AT Pro and is looking forward to doing some hunting in the area but is not limited to just metal detecting. He said that when he was a child he was told that Native Americans once lived here as well and he would love to explore a bit more to see what he can find. I expect that it being in family hands for a while he may find some cool family heirlooms, old coins and what not and who knows...maybe a cache! (not necessarily any stories about caches but they're out there right?) Anyway, if you have the chance, take a look at the photos and see what you can find. Any feedback I get from him (he will be back there in another week or so) about things he finds will be posted here. Thanks for your time all! BTW, my friend who I'm posting this for has experience in dowsing for water and was intrigued when I told him of how the experts here are able to do it with maps and pictures.

Property.jpg

Houses.jpg

Lake.jpg

Woods.jpg

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the red and blue circles for metal detecting.

Blue circle is to mark areas of loose or surface silver coins/treasure, down to 1-2 feet deep.
Green in general is a color indicator, I use for various other targets mostly archaeological (old ruins or foundations but especially those non-metallic objects such as Indian flints, glass, pottery, carved stone with treasure signs).
Red circle is to mark areas, of loose or surface coins/treasure and artifacts of value, down to 1-2 feet deep.

Attachments

• Woods-DocBeav.jpg
    Woods-DocBeav.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 69

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For metal detecting, check the blue and red circle areas.

Attachments

• Property-DocBeav.jpg
    Property-DocBeav.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 80

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red circles for metal detecting, blue for silver.

Attachments

• Houses-DocBeav.jpg
    Houses-DocBeav.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 74

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the orange and red circles, orange could be some gold jewelry.

Attachments

• Lake-DocBeav.jpg
    Lake-DocBeav.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that was quick! Thanks Red! I was able to print out the first two posts for my buddy so he could look at em on the way back home on the plane. Hopefully he will get back to us here in this thread (he's a new member) and let us know what he finds!

JP.....did you unpack your bags and start swinging yet? LOL It's only been 2 weeks for me and I'm missing it big time.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully, he will have nice swinging weather......happy hunting! 8-)

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello DocBeave,Dowsing revealed an attraction to loose silver/clad coins in the areas of the blue circles. Thx for posting your picture. Jon

Attachments

• Propertydowsed.jpg
    Propertydowsed.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for taking a look at it teleprospector. STill haven't heard back from my buddy on whether or not he went out there to hunt or not. I'll see him in another week for work so I'll hit him up and get him to post stuff here if he finds anything.

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knock, Knock...James...you been out there detecting yet?

ripper1

Apr 17, 2014
greece
Primary Interest:
Other
Gents, (and Ladies)
I appreciate the other dowsing you have done in the past and would like to see if any of you can take a crack at these pictures as well. This land is owned by a friend and has been in has family for a long time. He has an older White's detector and just recently bought himself an AT Pro and is looking forward to doing some hunting in the area but is not limited to just metal detecting. He said that when he was a child he was told that Native Americans once lived here as well and he would love to explore a bit more to see what he can find. I expect that it being in family hands for a while he may find some cool family heirlooms, old coins and what not and who knows...maybe a cache! (not necessarily any stories about caches but they're out there right?) Anyway, if you have the chance, take a look at the photos and see what you can find. Any feedback I get from him (he will be back there in another week or so) about things he finds will be posted here. Thanks for your time all! BTW, my friend who I'm posting this for has experience in dowsing for water and was intrigued when I told him of how the experts here are able to do it with maps and pictures.

View attachment 1010743

View attachment 1010744

View attachment 1010745

View attachment 1010746

Property.jpg look here,probably cooper

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread