johnny d

Greenie
Aug 2, 2014
idaho
Detector(s) used
minelab sd 2200 ,4000 - whites 808,gmt -pmr II & III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to dowsing and would really appreciate some help with this photo. There is a lot of trash in these tailing and am having trouble discriminating the gold from trash. I have been told that there are a few large nuggets remaining, but every time I make a location it is either a musket ball or bullet. Many Thanks john! tp.jpg

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Looks like an old Hydraulic mining site to me...If you can find where the old sluices were it may be profitable..Looks like the Iowa Hill area....Art

OP
OP
J

johnny d

Greenie
Aug 2, 2014
idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Art, they are dredge tailing. Would you think it possible to dowse for the large quartz rocks with gold in them, that were over sized and went out the back? Also are you able to discriminate between gold and lead in the field? I know on the periodic chart they are a very similar metal. Thanks in advance john

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You can give that a try...I worked on one of those big Dredges one summer when I was just a kid...I saw no boulders come onto it..but of course it was a long ways from the gold fields...What we were getting was placer gold that had been sent downstream when the river was in flood stage ...Up in Marysville Ca they are re-dredging the rock piles..That dredge can go 2 foot deeper than the old ones...there is still gold under those tailings..

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi jonny d,Dowsing revealed an attraction to gold/small gold nuggets in the areas of white circles/ rectangle.Thanks for posting your picture,Jon

Attachments

• tpdowsed.jpg
    tpdowsed.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 102
OP
OP
J

johnny d

Greenie
Aug 2, 2014
idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you teleprospector for your help! I will check it in the next couple of days. I went out this morning and dowsed a couple more .22 bullets. Do you have trouble in the field telling bullets from gold? Is it just something you just have to deal with? Thanks John

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually don't have issues like that..I concentrate on the item I'm looking for plus I bait the dowsing rod.Jon

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I have a lot of baits for my rods...I buy only Lab grade minerals to use as bait..Art

OP
OP
J

johnny d

Greenie
Aug 2, 2014
idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks you guys for the help. I will check on It this weekend and post what I find. John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread