Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fear of failing.
Or just lacking the gumption to sit down and do the work to learn something. Same with detectors. Years ago we had to learn our machines & what they were telling us. Now everyone wants a detector that'll tell them everything that's there without the learning curve. I think it's called instant gratification.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Your right Jr. It takes time to learn Dowsing. I have learned something new a lot over the years many times from this board. For the guy who wants to see my finds I have a new avatar often...Art

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WRONG----------------------------------------It is the predetermined student that causes the Teacher dismay.
Rethink your (non disclosed, I think) opinion with a more open mind.
I mean no offense, just a request to do a better job of interpretation.
Marvin

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have three metal detectors now, but still use my "L" Rods (Really successful), and several pendulums (I have yet to become truly successful but am learning) with success.
Generally I don't care to argue with non believers, however, I will try to steer them in the direction of understanding and learning, in hopes they can become more open minded.
Ignorance of a subject can be rectified with education/learning.
So many DOUBTERS could benefit from the above sentence.
That was a great read.
Marvin
PS, I read somewhere that Gen. George Patton had a willow tree shipped to him from the US so his Dowsers could locate water sources in the deserts of Africa.
No need to censor anything here except bad language IMO.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's my issue with dowsing. I read posts that claim dowsing rods can find anything, anywhere. They claim to dowse photos or maps. They claim to search out and find a gold ring, with no interference from other metals in the ground. These claims are simply impossible. The truth is absent in these tales of treasure finding.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my issue with dowsing. I read posts that claim dowsing rods can find anything, anywhere. They claim to dowse photos or maps. They claim to search out and find a gold ring, with no interference from other metals in the ground. These claims are simply impossible. The truth is absent in these tales of treasure finding.
"I read posts that claim dowsing rods can find anything, anywhere." Wouldn't that be the same for metal detectors? "They claim to search out and find a gold ring, with no interference from other metals in the ground." Wouldn't that be the same for metal detectors? So if I claim to go out with my detector, turn the discrimination up a tad & pull a gold ring out of the ground, am I a liar or am I accomplishing something impossible? How are they impossible? Have you done any experimenting yourself or are you assuming it's impossible? Do a little research, you'll see lots of references through the ages, the Spanish were adept at it. They used the technique yet I'd bet good money not a one not one could explain how it worked or how they did it. Now do you really think they used the technique for over 100 years if it was impossible? I don't have the foggiest clue of how to split an atom or how to splice genes. But are these things impossible because I haven't a clue? One hundred years ago people were thinking things like skin grafts were impossible, well guess what?

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"I read posts that claim dowsing rods can find anything, anywhere." Wouldn't that be the same for metal detectors? "They claim to search out and find a gold ring, with no interference from other metals in the ground." Wouldn't that be the same for metal detectors? So if I claim to go out with my detector, turn the discrimination up a tad & pull a gold ring out of the ground, am I a liar or am I accomplishing something impossible? How are they impossible? Have you done any experimenting yourself or are you assuming it's impossible? Do a little research, you'll see lots of references through the ages, the Spanish were adept at it. They used the technique yet I'd bet good money not a one not one could explain how it worked or how they did it. Now do you really think they used the technique for over 100 years if it was impossible? I don't have the foggiest clue of how to split an atom or how to splice genes. But are these things impossible because I haven't a clue? One hundred years ago people were thinking things like skin grafts were impossible, well guess what?

Science and Voodoo, two different things.

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lying is now the norm. The truth is not only unwelcome, it is offensive.

Yes, see that every day,truth is hard to except,a lot easy to just eat the crow,than except the truth.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kray, dowsing is just good ol' fashioned pretend. There are folks who want to be successful Big Time Treasure Hunters so they wrap themselves up in a world of pretend, like dowsing, or auras, or treasure markers, or KGC vaults. It's fun and pretty harmless, mostly just a waste of time & money. But, hey, it's their time & money. Dowsers like to pretend they're not pretending, but at least on a subconscious level they know they are. That's why they shun any kind of scientific inquiry, they already know what the outcome will be.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I guess the old saying has some merit...If you give some people 6 paper pages of proof instead of reading the pages they eat them..Art

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From map dowsing in this board, only several weeks ago. If someone went out and found gold like this metal detecting, you would have all kinds of people singing praises to the gods of treasure hunting.

Well gosh, Red, who can argue with the evidence? You doused that from a map? Impressive.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Art...why do you think people come here to pick on dowsers?
Perhaps maybe it's like the "I'm Little" syndrome. They see something that they don't have the ability or gift to do and they come here to throw stones at those that do.
Somehow making themselves feel better about not having the gift or ability to hold a rod and make a connection.
I for one wish that there could be some rules that could be established about this Dowsing forum. It's hard not to respond to the negativity....by why should we have to.
This should be a forum where people of like mind could come and discuss dowsing and learn instead of going back and forth with the constant barrage of doubters as to what we do.
I seriously don't see why they want to spend their time arguing with us about dowsing. If you don't believe in it...go somewhere else and talk about detecting.
This is the only forum I see on here that has this constantly going on and it's always the same people doing it.

I usually leave y'all alone, but sometimes one has to step in and let you know, that we non-dowsers haven't rolled over yet. We know, and you know.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree......there's an Ignore feature that comes in handy. I've started using it. Save me the temptation of responding to negative post.

The truth isn't a negative thing to me, it's necessary. But it does offend most.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kray, dowsing is just good ol' fashioned pretend. There are folks who want to be successful Big Time Treasure Hunters so they wrap themselves up in a world of pretend, like dowsing, or auras, or treasure markers, or KGC vaults. It's fun and pretty harmless, mostly just a waste of time & money. But, hey, it's their time & money. Dowsers like to pretend they're not pretending, but at least on a subconscious level they know they are. That's why they shun any kind of scientific inquiry, they already know what the outcome will be.

Carl, I guess I don't have an issue, per say with dowsing. And I agree, they're just having fun. My issue is with the fantasy aspect of it. Stepping in here is like stepping into quicksand. Or throwing rocks at a paper wasp nest. I need to get out of here again.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the dowsing forum, do not come in and mock members who believe, if members have issue with dowsing then dont enter dowsing forum.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the dowsing forum, do not come in and mock members who believe, if members have issue with dowsing then dont enter dowsing forum.
Never could understand them..... If dowsing is all a complete waste of time Why are they wasting valuable time contributing nothing? There's a few that just show up to belittle others and puff up their egos. Kind of sad! Just my opinion here, if you go back & read their posts and comments they're just rabble rousing, not adding anything. I have to admit, I do get a kick out of these folks! Every once in awhile they do serve a purpose the tunnel vision and narrow mindedness gives you a good giggle!

Thanks for the giggles & chuckles! Hopefully now we can get back to sharing knowledge & thoughts on techniques!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl, I guess I don't have an issue, per say with dowsing. And I agree, they're just having fun. My issue is with the fantasy aspect of it. Stepping in here is like stepping into quicksand. Or throwing rocks at a paper wasp nest. I need to get out of here again.

:hello: Take care out there! :hello:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a double standard. You look at the ugly posts at the top of the Long Range Locators page. I've asked that some warning be placed at top of the dowsing page. people want to think if there is no money exchanged, no harm. That ain't so. People get sent on a wild goose chase and that is not free and the risk of personal injury is always present just like with the Forrest Fenn treasure which has claimed somebody said six lives and how much money? Millions for sure, but at least it is real. So why hasn't somebody here map dowsed it? "It's not there" is the biggest cop-out imaginable.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions