OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I guess I should feel sorry for all the good gold deales whom have purchased gold from me. I don't feel sorry for them because they also made a profit....I forget why I came here sometime. I came here to learn how to eliminate micro gold from my finds.. All I learned was a whole new way to find gold..Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the title of this thread is dowsing facts, here's one: no map "dowser" in the entire world has been able to locate the Fenn Treasure. How many years now? Yeah, I'm a real Sherlock.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
So the title of this thread is dowsing facts, here's one: no map "dowser" in the entire world has been able to locate the Fenn Treasure. How many years now? Yeah, I'm a real Sherlock.
Gee signal. The people were told that we found nothing in 200 square miles and were not going to chase the rumor. Sorry you don't understand and do some research. How long are you going too post this time before you delete all your posts?...Art

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee signal. The people were told that we found nothing in 200 square miles and were not going to chase the rumor. Sorry you don't understand and do some research. How long are you going too post this time before you delete all your posts?...Art

I learned long ago that debating some folks is like wrestling with pigs in the mud. You soon realize that the pigs are enjoying it.
Now back to Dowsing------------it works for some but I guess there are exceptions. I have used my rods to locate hundreds of utilities over the years and I got paid for it.
My Dad was always amazed at a neighbor who could locate Dad's wallet over and over. His instrument was about the size of a golf ball on top of a flimsy piece of spring-like material. It was wrapped in twine and we didn't know what was inside the ball.
I doubt there is any test to give the Debbie Doubters that would convince them otherwise, so it is best that we just Ignore them.
Marvin

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned long ago that debating some folks is like wrestling with pigs in the mud. You soon realize that the pigs are enjoying it.
Now back to Dowsing------------it works for some but I guess there are exceptions. I have used my rods to locate hundreds of utilities over the years and I got paid for it.
My Dad was always amazed at a neighbor who could locate Dad's wallet over and over. His instrument was about the size of a golf ball on top of a flimsy piece of spring-like material. It was wrapped in twine and we didn't know what was inside the ball.
I doubt there is any test to give the Debbie Doubters that would convince them otherwise, so it is best that we just Ignore them.
Marvin
"I learned long ago that debating some folks is like wrestling with pigs in the mud. You soon realize that the pigs are enjoying it." DANG IT!!!! Made me spit coffee!!! :notworthy: Never heard it so well put!

Always felt a lot of people go at it with expectations. If you go at things with a Naw it ain't gonna work attitude it won't! This applies to most everything. P
probably why a lot of people fail, not just at dowsing. Difficult to throw out all expectations both positive and negative.

Again thanks for the giggle! Needed it! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Again thanks for the giggle! Needed it![/QUOTe)

I don't giggle often. I do giggle when I have a pocket full of money from Dowsing

Last edited:

catyron

Apr 15, 2019
Forestville, California
Detector(s) used
Old Maps, Dowsing, Borrowed detecting equipment from friends.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those interested in dowsing tools, methods, and objectives, as well as theories about dowsing, may find this link of interest -- it goes to my own bibliographical catalogue of dowsing books, with brief reviews. For years i kept this on my private hard-drive, but in 2010 i uploaded it for permanent placement at the world wide web.

Please do not copy the contents here. The link is good, and will remain stable, as my husband and i own the domain -- and i am currently updating this page weekly, with new reviews and photos.

• Yronwode Institution for the Preservation and Popularization of Indigenous Ethnomagicology (YIPPIE!):
• Books About Divining Rods, Dowsing, Doodlebugging, Water Witching. Rhabdomancy, Radiesthesia, Radionics, and Pendulum Divination -- a bibliography compiled by catherine yronwode

Books About Dowsing, Divining Rods, Doodlebugging, Water Witching, Rhabdomancy, Radiesthesia, Radionics, and Pendulum Divination: Bibliography of Psychic Books pre-1980

If you want me to ADD a book, please post here and i will do so. I do not know everythig, i happily collaborate with others, and i want to be of service to as many people as possible.

Last edited:

Norbert77

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this thread while searching for something else, but I figured I'd weigh in. I have spent the last 9 years learning the art, the do's and dont's. Dowsing is a natural ability, it has nothing to do with the stick, that is just an indicator so you can see the microscopic reaction of your muscles. Think of it like a polygraph machine in the palm of your hand.

One in eight people are natural psychics even of they dont know it, because being psychic is not like psychics on late night television or in Hollywood. All mental images are usually wrong, and mental images steer people- wrongly. Part of what makes a good dowser is what fails others, how you focus on the task at hand. If you are involved your mind is no longer clear, it is why doctors are not allowed to operate on their own family. I'm not saying it cant be done, it can, it is much harder. Say you believe there is gold in a certain hill, you will unconsciously force your dowsing rod. But if your friend asks you to dowse something you have no stake in, you will do much better.

What you search for is as important as how you search for it. Call it setting up the target. Wander through the desert and dowse for water: it can be an aquifer 400 feet below, it wont be helpful, you need to find your nearest, most easily accessible source of water. Same for gold. I'm personally not as good as my kid, I trained him and he is gifted, he can find anything, anywhere. One of the training pieces I made up was hiding $5 bills around the house and making him find it. Watching him work is like watching a master at his craft, he sometimes walks through the bush just following the rods, not even realizing he is on the same path (gps tracked) he was on before. Sadly he is not interested in dowsing, it is not glamorous, but I make him come anyways. But I can teach anyone, if you are close to London, Ontario or near the border, we could set something up. The point of my reply was not to push anything, just to be informative and to help dispel some misinformation.

I think I'm going to write a book on this when I get home from my vacation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions