???s for you expert dowsers?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???'s for you expert dowsers?

hello there I just want to say I believe heavily in this have had some success to a degree but would like to know some of your preferences on styles and shapes of rods, bait or witnesses, types of metal preferred of use maybe things to say to clearify before use? my belief in dowsing is very strong because I have actually have found coins this way assisted with a metal detector .... I think that my neatest find was I came to a old home site settled in the late 1700's the cellar hole was more like a depression and rock wall was all but sunk in the ground where I came to this area and my copper rods lead right over the row of the stone wall so after they be lined over I put them in my pouch and directly over one rock I got a real good hit .......I thought was a mineralized rock myself well took it out swung over it nothing...... swung over depression where rock was in the ground swung over again big hit dug down 3 inches and out popped a 1813 half penny holed I about dumped a nugget in my panse LOL and after that I was a soul believer in it since!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have used rods of many different metals. I always go back to my heavy rods made of 3/16 brass because they just feel right. I always use a baited rod if possible....Art
Job 002.jpg Film Canister.GIF

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so how big is that bait container looks big enough to hold a quarter? thank you for your response!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The container is a 35mm film container. I have used wood ashes and black powder in it,..Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, if somebody would give a nice pair of rods with good action, I'd probably use them no matter what material they were made of (metal of course, except aluminum). For myself (at the moment) rods are bent out of 3/32" bare bronze, I think mine are lead free.

I practiced creating prototype using hangers before making bronze pairs for to dowse with, each prototype tested for good action. These curved bend types wrapped around thin enough small diameter copper wire, have produced the strongest signals for me. Dowsing conditions can very, so sometimes I prefer a plain bronze rod without any copper.

Attachments

• L-rods_curved.jpg
    L-rods_curved.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 126
  • L-rods_curved2.JPG
    L-rods_curved2.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 108
OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting for sure where does one find pure bronze rod? also I have another ???'s now does weather play any important roll for say a rainy day vs a hot dry day... I'm sure there is too some degree but would like you guy's input on that?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kept the old package from the 1 lb of 18" length low fuming bare bronze 3/32" rods, bought on ebay they were US Forge and back then TSC carried those rods. Try to Google "bare bronze 3/32" rods" for some reason the exact words, as is will bring up more search results.

Believe it or not, my old detector could detect some storms long before getting there. Manufacturers have done more to reduce interference from weather on most of the metal detectors now on the market. Some storms can generate a lot of electromagnet interference. Ever hear of a sprite? Sprites only happen in certain weather conditions, but put out an electromagnetic pulse they say can travel around the planet 2-3 times. Multiple sprites can occur and even be continues lasting for a period of time to produce a display similar to 4th of July fireworks.

http://phys.org/news/2014-05-sprites-plasma-irregularities-ionosphere.html

"Sprites are an optical phenomenon that occur above thunderstorms in the D region of the ionosphere, the area of the atmosphere just above the dense lower atmosphere, about 37 to 56 miles above the Earth. The ionosphere is important because it facilitates the long distance radio communication and any disturbances in the ionosphere can affect radio transmission."

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup I do hear that I use to do cb skip shooting and some ham radio

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sprites put energy into the ionosphere and repair it to function in assisting RF (radio frequency) transmissions. Also during daylight hours, as sunlight strikes the ionosphere, there is an ionization phenomenon that takes place. This filters downward to energize people.

More info.....

Atmospheric Layers | CK-12 Foundation

"Within the thermosphere is the ionosphere. The ionosphere gets its name because nitrogen and oxygen molecules are ionized by solar radiation. In the process of ionization, the neutrally-charged molecules absorb high-energy, short-wavelength energy from the Sun. This causes the molecules to lose one or more electrons and become positively-charged ions. The freed electrons travel within the ionosphere as electric currents. Because of the free ions, the ionosphere has many interesting characteristics.
Have you ever been out on an open road and found a radio station on the AM dial that is transmitted from hundreds of kilometers away? The reason radio waves can travel so far at night involves the ionosphere. During the day, the lower part of the ionosphere absorbs some of the energy from the radio waves and reflects some back to Earth. But at night the waves bounce off of the ionosphere, go back down to the ground, and then bounce back up again. This does not happen during the day due to ionization in the ionosphere. This bouncing up and down allows radio waves to travel long distances."

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup I use to have old cars that had awesome am radio's loved listening to the oldies at night.............great explanation on the ionesphere

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I can remember AM radio stations at night from far away....Kansas or beyond sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread