Why is feedback a dirty word on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody wants to see their failing report card. And worse yet is someone who points it out and tries to show them where they went wrong. You will be attacked. Pride is the worst of all sins. Anything that blocks you from seeing the truth--the negative emotions cripple most people's locating skills.

The psychic type stuff like map dowsing are just unreliable and inaccurate by nature. Feedback once a year does not cut it. Finding coins in a city park by map dowsing is like finding flour gold in the gold fields. It's everywhere and to claim that as success is delusional. Let me just say that is a real confidence killer to see someone grasping at straw with a chip on their shoulder.

Now go ahead and attack me. That's the two-year-old's response. Like the song "If it makes you happy, then why the Hell are you so sad?"

I'll give it again a good book everyone should read. "Handbook to Higher Consciousness" by Ken Keyes Jr.

There's a lot to learning an L-rod. I've been using a rod for over thirty years and I still learn stuff.

Yeah, I am blunt. It's a tough hood when you have your hands tied behind your back.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Handbook to Higher Consciousness I am thinking some religions may take offense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong. There are no attacks at religions, just the principles that some go by--security, sensation, and power. These are the low-life consciousness levels that most people live by.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look if one wants to speak they may do so. One must also do so with the expectation that there will be some sort of a response. I'm guessing this is what you call Feed back yes? One speaks with the beliefs one has and another speaks with their beliefs~ this forms a loose debate with debate being a form of competition. Competition is always a form of aggression however in debate its competition with reason~ and exchange of ideas based on facts~ that is normally handled with low emotions. If one can not divorce themselves from higher emotions ie Anger and must resort to brow beating, threats or other adverse tactics *usually because one can not support their points in the debate* then the conversation devolves to an argument and the conversation becomes Worthless.

Signal line~ many of your thoughts in your area of belief have been read by myself and others. Your pretty passionate about them as I understand it. I however don't agree with them but I'm not going to get into a debate nor an argument about them. I will say that they can be pretty offensive so some other peoples beliefs ~ even a few of my own~ but I take them with the understanding there are other people who embrace them as well. If you want to make a point of things, like dowsing, do so with facts to back your debate and please do so calmly. As to others who reply to you simply treat their responses kindly and back you words with facts~ if things devolve to argument simply leave the thread be and ask for assistance from Admin. They don't like trolls or trollish statements any more than the majority do in my belief.

NH~ Feed back is not a sore subject here. Simply be civil and its quite enlightening. Your example points to someone who went beyond civil so its fair that Admin modified the thread. I see no reason for the forum to have an area where people call each other out.... well there is one for members in the political forum :).... I find nothing is really verboten here. One only needs to read the rules and be civil.

I hope you both find something useful in my thoughts. And no I'm not afraid of any Feed Back ;) for me this is not an argument I've merely pointed out my points in Debate of your views.
Ja,
DD

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call it skeptics in disguise on this forum. You got outlaws, you got in-laws, you got skeptics in disguise. Guess I need to write a song like Hank Jr. Country Folk. LOL

Last edited:

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dows , or try , I always ask for feed back , how els would I know if I had done any good ? I'm not always right . But try to help . Practice is the only way you can get better .

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
There seems to be some people here that don’t enjoy our hobby. No problem...I will just go on enjoying...Art

elhit29

Oct 24, 2012
Planet Earth
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, if you don't get feedback in this "skillful practice" in order to correct and caliber your acquired skill on the ground, then obviously one keeps dreaming and drifting away from reality.. One should keep in mind that in old civilizations people seriously depended on professional dowsers to achieve their needs , be it water, gold, etc.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You are right. People forget. Some complaint the searching for metals is a new
Dowsing hoax. All one has to do is read a little history of the entire world to learn that it is not true..Art

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
I think the folks looking for '' feedback '' are looking in the wrong place. From my own experience between the dowser and myself,,, that is where the feedback SHOULD be-- Not to the general public for trolls, governments, and skepticals.
Suppose you find $50,000.00 in gold coin, or even $5,000.00, be sure to call the local T V station and get gooooddd
documentation of it and watch the fireworks start. Just be sure you give your full name, address, e-mail, social security number, and phone number for the public and all authoritys so as to know for sure that you have given good feedback.:occasion14:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The psychic type stuff like map dowsing are just unreliable and inaccurate by nature. Feedback once a year does not cut it. Finding coins in a city park by map dowsing is like finding flour gold in the gold fields. It's everywhere and to claim that as success is delusional. Let me just say that is a real confidence killer to see someone grasping at straw with a chip on their shoulder.
All you have to do is look at this board. 100’s of maps have been done. We get very few complaints about our work. ....Art

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call it skeptics in disguise on this forum. You got outlaws, you got in-laws, you got skeptics in disguise. Guess I need to write a song like Hank Jr. Country Folk. LOL
So, are we the skeptics, if a map is dowsed?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I know people who have been in court for over 20 years. Just because they tried to get a permit to dig a treasure..Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I call it skeptics in disguise on this forum.
Sounds just like a skeptic
You got outlaws, you got in-laws,
Because we can Dowse you believe we are outlaws?
you got skeptics in disguise.
Skeptics are always negative
Guess I need to write a song like Hank Jr. Country Folk. LOL
Maybe that would be a better hobby for you...Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all skeptics are for real, for example.....there is a post I'd tried searching to find, but might have been deleted. Someone in this dowsing board said, "My dad was an FBI informant, they set up fake stations around and go on years at one place without making any arrests". The point of the thread was suggesting that a map dowser in the dowsing board here could be a fake profile, a fake map dowser. It's not me, never would get any satisfaction water-boarding other dowsers and members who post a map on here.....drip, drip, drip.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds just like a skeptic

Because we can Dowse you believe we are outlaws?

Skeptics are always negative

Maybe that would be a better hobby for you...Art

How about Jesse James? Forget the John Dillinger stuff.

[video=youtube;OqA6_SRh4XM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=12&v=OqA6_SRh4XM[/video]

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you see those explosions in the China industrial disaster? Saw it for the first time this evening on BBC World News.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread