I have a question.

hoser

Jan 11, 2006
Northern Michigan
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, AtPro
Hello all. Hoser here and I have a question for you pro's. First off let me say I do believe in dowsing for sure. Many years ago I was one of those skeptics that said it was hoodoo, but how wrong I was. I was working on an underground power line crew and we were putting power into an oil well site that had piping all over the place and we were using a huge vibraplow on a D-8 Cat. You can imagine the damage that would have caused to underground oil piping so we had to locate where the pipes were prior to plowing in the cable. My foreman went to the back of the line truck, grabbed two welding rods, bent them and went to dowsing. He walked for only a few minutes when the wires crossed and then he did it in a different direction. Where they crossed the second time he said dig here, and the pipe is supposed to be three feet down. ?????? I grumbled to myself that I would be digging a thousand holes three feet deep before we found the pipe. But to my surprise three feet down I hit the pipe on the first hole and that is when I decided that dowsing wasn't witch craft. I have done it quite a few times and was successful 90% of the time. Now for my question. This last Christmas my daughter bought me a dowsing rod, but one I have never seen. Instead of two bent rods it is a U shape with the copper tubing at the bottom of the U for the handle. Can anyone shed some light on how this works. I'm used to two wires crossing, but this is different and I can't find any instructions for this design. I'm assuming that rather than the crossing of wires this one will stay straight till you walk over the target where it will turn either right or left, and then go back to pointing forward once you pass the target. Am I correct in this? Thank you in advance for your input.:thumbsup:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm assuming you mean only one handle? Then it would be like a single rod, except a rod horse shoe shaped instead of an L. You would need to learn how they dowse with a single rod. Your daughter might be smarted than you think. If you had a target (unless it is a long one such as a pipeline) and the rod starts moving in that direction, by walking around it is how to pinpoint.

In this video, a prospector from the land down under, has 3 (out of 4) children that can dowse, yet he doesn't himself. If you watch the video through tothe end, his one daughter uses the single rod technique to find a nice gold nugget.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread