How Come Dowsers are Millionaires?

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First: The scientific community decided in the 1940's that double blind studies were the only acceptable proof.

Hey folks, the universe didn't start in the 1940's!

Double blind studies go like this: Half the people get the new medicine and half get a placebo. The half that get the medicine get well and the others die but hey, the test was successful.

So you've got some disease and the doctor puts you in the placebo group. He doesn't tell you. If you die it will be for a good cause. You like that?

I have been a handyman most of my life and many times (guessing, 5 dozen) have had to find water lines and drain lines underground and under concrete. I don't like digging trenches based on a guess. Jack hammering concrete isn't much fun either. Dowsing has saved my butt every time. I AM a believer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked telcom for over 42 years, I located fiber and copper for 14 of them. I learned how to douse copper, fiber, iron pipes and pvc water lines.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
First: The scientific community decided in the 1940's that double blind studies were the only acceptable proof. Can you find and show us those facts

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/444118-dowsing-facts.html Our facts

HTML:
Double blind studies go like this: Half the people get the new medicine and half get a placebo. The half that get the medicine get well and the others die but hey, the test was successful.

Not one person that I know has been offered that kind of test. I talk to a person from Proctor and Gambal few years ago and said a test like would cost ove a Million dollars. The post is on this board.

So you've got some disease and the doctor puts you in the placebo group. He doesn't tell you. If you die it will be for a good cause. You like that?

No

I have been a handyman most of my life and many times (guessing, 5 dozen) have had to find water lines and drain lines underground and under concrete. I don't like digging trenches based on a guess. Jack hammering concrete isn't much fun either. Dowsing has saved my butt every time. I AM a believer.

Good. welcome to our small group

Last edited:

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know double blind studies are not done in the simple way that I described but if I took the time to FULLY explain it, it would be too long and no one would read it. However, there are cases where a new, experimental medicine saved lives and those getting the placebo died. When you are part of a study they don't tell you which group you are in. It is true, nevertheless.

Thanx.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First: The scientific community decided in the 1940's that double blind studies were the only acceptable proof.

Proofs are for mathematicians and distillers. Science deals in theories and evidence, nothing is ever "proven." Always subject to change based on new evidence.

Double-blind protocols are designed specific to what is being tested. Drugs are tested with a placebo. Many other tests are done differently. Dowsing can quite easily be tested. It never seems to do well.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Proofs are for mathematicians and
distillers. Science deals in theories and evidence, nothing is ever "proven
Are you trying tell us the electric we started to use electret after a double blind study?

Double-blind protocols are designed specific to what is being tested. Drugs are tested with a placebo. Many
Are you going to give us real Double Blind study?

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As to the title of this thread;

how come detectorists aren't millionaires?
how come mine owners aren't millionaires?
how come beach combers aren't millionaires?
how come etc.
it all takes time and work.

Lost_Adams

Apr 28, 2011
Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett 70's Ground Hog, 80's Master Hunter III, '96 Scorpion Gold Stinger. 98 Tiger Shark, 07 SD2200V2, '14 TDI SL, Discovery TF 900, 1975 Carl Anderson Dowsing, Magnetometer, Arc Geo Logger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you would read any of the Treasure Hunters Manuals, then YOU would KNOW why you don't ADVERTISE your finds on Public forums. Only crazy people would want the Recognition of the Truly Rich and Famous. Even If you Don't find anything just let people THINK you have found something and Then sit back and WEEP!
THE First Rule of a Professional Treasure Hunter is Shoot, Shovel, and SHUT UP or you will be sorry.
I Can't even Believe anyone would be STUPID Enough to Ask that Question!!
I am still recovering from a Trusted Friend who owes me $6000 of the $12,000 in Specie gold we took out in 2014. I had Found the Lost Mine in 2012 and kept it quiet till I thought I had found a Trustworthy Friend to help me get the AU out. I don't even tell my most Trusted Friends about my Treasure Hunting/Lost Mine Hunting anymore. I have found 8 lost mines in the past 10 years and have 8 more I am waiting to save enough money to do the Field Work on.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back when I first started hanging out in the dowsing board here, we all dowsed some maps for a certain person who went out and found a cache. It was a guerrilla fighter cache left over from the days of revolution. In that area gold coins had been found in the past. Because another person showing up on the thread, arguing with the poster, the coins found never were mentioned in the thread by the finder (rather choosing to PM us instead). When it got told by one of us in the thread, another argument followed. But the person who started the argument is no longer here or the comments. I heard later he got banned on a different treasure forum, same thing might have happened on TN, haven't heard can't say for sure.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you browse the "todays finds" forum on here, when was the last time you saw someone post a ring, gold bar, watch, etc and say they dowsed and got it? If it worked like they claim it does, you would think there should be finds every day with interesting items.
Good point but you need to add up the percentages. How many of us are out swinging detectors compared to how many of us are using dowsing tools? Maybe 150 - 200 detectorists to every dowser.

Don't take this as mean spirited. But the few dowsers I've had the pleasure of meeting don't really need to jump up n down saying lookie what I did! Most all seem to treat dowsing as a tool to accomplish a job. They do the job and off down the road they go no praise or chest thumping needed.
But if you do the averages I think you'll find a large part of your question answered.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Don't take this as mean spirited. But the few dowsers I've had the pleasure of meeting don't really need to jump up n down saying lookie what I did! Most all seem to treat dowsing as a tool to accomplish a job. They do the job and off down the road they go no praise or chest thumping needed.
But if you do the averages I think you'll find a large part of your question answered.

We know we will find something. No surprises as there is micro gold everywhere

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread