Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=2]How Come Dowsers ARENT Millionaires?[/h]

First off, Im not knocking anyone that does this.

But I gotta wonder how successful dowsing really is?

I see Posts all the time talking about "Gold right here buried in a box"...Really??

Are there any posts that actually can back up these Claims? I would think if it were that practical or useful, people doing this would have a fortune the first few times they go out.

Where are the Success Stories for all these Claims?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How Come Dowsers ARENT Millionaires?

I see Posts all the time talking about "Gold right here buried in a box"...Really??

Are there any posts that actually can back up these Claims? I would think if it were that practical or useful, people doing this would have a fortune the first few times they go out.

First of all, can you find me a post (within the last 3-4 years) I've called anything gold bars or gold coins?

Here is a link you could check out.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/356818-dousing-really-post4157149.html#post4157149

You could ask why those who dive for gold bars on shipwrecks aren't millionaires or billionaires......the reason is because most of the time it is illegal. There was a smaller gold bar looked like a contraband type, tested very high gold content, found last summer on an island, but after that we didn't hear anymore.

Attachments

• goldbar-islandcrop.jpg
    goldbar-islandcrop.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 211
  • goldbar-island.jpg
    goldbar-island.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 202
  • goldbar-islandcrop2.jpg
    goldbar-islandcrop2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
[h=2]How Come Dowsers ARENT Millionaires?[/h]

I call bait & switch with the title!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
And I wasn't trying to disrespect the people that do this..I was really just wanting to know what the success rate was from the predictions

Just read the threads if you want that information...Art

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When you browse the "todays finds" forum on here, when was the last time you saw someone post a ring, gold bar, watch, etc and say they dowsed and got it? If it worked like they claim it does, you would think there should be finds every day with interesting items.

RelicsVirginia

Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I often wondered why a palm reader. These people that that can see whats going to happen in the future. Have not won all the lotteries that are played. A few 100 million here. A few hundred million there. They all must just be good people with a good heart. That don't want to take advantage of their ''power"

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Dowser or no dowser, many folks learn how to keep their mouth shut after a good find. SOOO, how did they learn???
Some after seeing what happened to Mel Fisher and some after hearing about the folks in CA. that found rusty cans of gold coins.
Why would anyone with common sense want to run off at the mouth like ' no bladder control ' ??

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to knock anything about dowsing, but I know how to do it for water , learned from my grandfather and I recently got some advice from a couple people on here about doing it for metal.. I do believe dowsing is real and does in fact work. That being said I have yet to try anything with a picture as I see often enough on here requests to dowse pictures. In my experience a boots on ground approach is the only way I have learned. As for the ones that do pictures, I will have to say I don't have any experience in that field to make an informed decision..But it would be nice to see any finds from dowsing!! I am going to try for metal this spring and if I find any metal I will post it...Ya Know Were ALL Here cause Were Not All There!!! LOL!!!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Dowser or no dowser, many folks learn how to keep their mouth shut after a good find. SOOO, how did they learn
C:\Users\ART3~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Some after seeing what happened to Mel Fisher and some after hearing about the folks in CA. that found rusty cans of gold coins.
Why would anyone with common sense want to run off at the mouth like ' no bladder control ' ??
You are correct Ellis. Whey take the chance. I know people who have been in court for twenty years as they tried to get permission to dig up a treasure. I have followed signals for miles and found that I could not get into the area of interest. I have put the position of some big treasure on this board and no one has went to get it. If we did start to post our finds on here it would just provide the skeptics with another place to post their made up facts..Art

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To a degree. I have to ask DND how many caches or treasures have you heard of being recovered? Out of those few how many haven't you heard of?

The saying "Dig it up, Put it up, Shut up!" applies here. I truly think if you ask this question on any forum, you'll just hear crickets. At least from the more experienced or would we say successful hunters.

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If dowsing gold will be as easy as dowsing for water; I'll be increasing my income substantially this year!!!cant wait till spring!! LOL!!!

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well to be the realist, while having a good knowledge of physics, there is no way scientifically that dowsing could work (boots on the ground method or any other method). Some people try to say that electromagnetic energy is channeled into the rods by the user which is complete BS. As much as I am tempted to at times I am not going to argue with people who think they work, my biggest grievance however, lies with the individuals who are selling these L-rods on E-bay and other places essentially scamming people at scandalous prices.

Last edited by a moderator:

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess U didn't see the 'LOL" at the end of my post WOODY!!! My grandfather Drilled wells for water and that's who taught me!! I really don't give a hoot about your opinion because I know it works!! Namecalling wont help express your opinion!! And its just that a opinion just like anyone else. thanks for reading!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you browse the "todays finds" forum on here, when was the last time you saw someone post a ring, gold bar, watch, etc and say they dowsed and got it? If it worked like they claim it does, you would think there should be finds every day with interesting items.
Last time I dowsed a map in here and the treasure hunter posted his first day finds in the best finds ever board......he mentioned the map dowsing. The only 2 comments came from other dowsers, everyone else who commented came to the dowsing board to start a long thread on "why they don't believe in dowsing" so it was a waste of their time to post it.

Another person who made a suffient number of finds only posted a map later telling where each find was made. The actual coin, jewelry, relics, etc. photos were posted in the todays finds board.

Before the weather turned too cold, a UK treasure hunter went out to check spots marked in a park. First place checked produced a silver coin of a type he never found before. Then more coins, another desired silver type also. Of course, it got colder before next time, so had to wait for it to warm up, there will be more later, but these are the photos for now.

Attachments

• One Pence.jpg
    One Pence.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
  • Silver coins.jpg
    Silver coins.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
  • Three Pence.jpg
    Three Pence.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol..No, It doesnt let me change the title...That is funny thou.

And I wasn't trying to disrespect the people that do this..I was really just wanting to know what the success rate was from the predictions
Best way is to get out and try! No better way to find out. First hand experience is better than 1000 books. Your own experience seems good, as long as you believe in yourself & your capabilities who cares what the negative people think? God put you on this earth to impress only 2 people! Yourself & god.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a bracelet dug up from a dowsed photo on a Japanese site in the Philippines.

Attachments

• braceletfindLG_1.jpg
    braceletfindLG_1.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 141

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Modern science has become the modern mans religion and it's practictioners the techno priests of our society, and they have declared that dowsing can't be a viable technology according to their methods of testing. However those of us who haven't succumbed to their propagandistic babble, and realize that dowsing does work now as it has for eons, and that some people are more gifted than others in practicing this ancient craft.

Just because someone uses a metal detector to locate unseen metal objects covered over by dirt doesn't imply that they should be millionaires anymore than the same reasoning applied to dowsing. Nothing in this life is a sure bet except for death and taxes, and every beep from a detector doesn't mean something of great value is indicated, nor is dowsing 100% effective. We also know that some metal detectors and their operators are better than others and the same line of reasoning applies to dowsing as well.

For myself, I use every available resource in the recovery of sought after items, document research, maps, metal detectors, and dowsing. When considered as a group of tools they work together like a hand in a glove. Cheers!!

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The posts of the finds are a good encouragement to me; no im not rich but I am an accomplished water dowser and am going to try for metal this spring; thanks to some suggestions from a couple people willing to help me on here! good luck to all this year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread