• Screenshot_2015-02-11-10-37-27~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-11-10-37-27~2.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 95

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes it can be dowse,but google earth is few month old,and they are moving dirt every day, so i feel its a wast of time,now on the other hand,if you learn to dowse,you could take a camera take pictures,and printer,and dowse them at night and know where to look the next day,right now it seems to be more hits in southwest corner,but they could be gone now,are moved on up the field.i'm not for sure, but i think they work the dirt about every week.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I marked a couple spots, the lilac circles.

Attachments

• diamonds-coinchaser.jpg
    diamonds-coinchaser.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 69

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is the Crater of Diamonds Stae Park, I took a trip there once. At the Am-C1a flag which was map dowsed at home first.....a lamproite diamond ore vein from the SE of pipe (in hill area) comes into the mine field. The coordinates are removed, I'd have to PM those to you. I also discovered the guy with the barrel sifter who found all the diamonds there, working a spot only about 80 -100 ft S of me, the ground slopes downhill in that direction. From the flag, the vein runs SE a ways, ore travels toward the lower SW corner of the mine field.

One of the geologists at the mine inspection team, said a more recent geological survey found 2 addition diamond pipes, on the NE edge of main ore pipe and on the SE edge. Only one place does any of the ore body come into the mine field, where the vein is found (no where else). It was the older lady geologist, she took me to her office, got out a geological map, to point out the 2 newly discovered diamond pipes.

Attachments

• Am-C1a.jpg
    Am-C1a.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Along that lamproite vein, you can pick up some huge crystalline shaped diamond ore specimens. Some people, even with a mineral education, don't realize the ore can be crystalline also. Once on the surface they go through the cold winter, then begin to disintegrate and break apart releasing the diamonds. Near that tin roof building (above my lilac circles) they had piles of it on the ground. The idea was to let the ore weather, to the point you can stir it with a stick or board. The loose material would then be run over the greased ground hog table.

You can see my hand in the bottom of first pic, so these are really hude crystalline specimens. This one from different angle of view each photo, is very similar in shape to the clear carbon gems.

Attachments

• lamproitecrystal4.JPG
    lamproitecrystal4.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 68
  • lamproitecrystal3.JPG
    lamproitecrystal3.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 68
  • lamproitecrystal1.JPG
    lamproitecrystal1.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 58
  • lamproitehand2.jpg
    lamproitehand2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 61
  • lamproitehand3B.jpg
    lamproitehand3B.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that building where you see the pin, is the one they had the greased groundhog table to process the diamond ore.

Most of the regulars I'd talked to who go there every year, find a lot of diamonds in the SW corner of the mine field, which is where the ore vein runs through, at a NW/SE angle.

The SE section of mine field is where many of the visitors dig, millions of people, but that is a good area for quartz crystal points. A guy I talked to, found in this area 2 yellow diamonds in a day, by scratching the side of furrows with a hand 3-4 prong type garden tool. You just sit on the edge of a furrow, raking the surface, watch for a sparkle as it falls.

Attachments

• COD_shack.jpg
    COD_shack.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 69
  • COD_shack2.jpg
    COD_shack2.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 64
  • COD_shack3.jpg
    COD_shack3.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions