Dowsing request from Oz

aussiedetect

Tenderfoot
Jul 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all and thanks for the enlightening info here. I've researched this ground and found it was used as a camping area in the 1800's during a gold rush. I'm of the firm belief that there must be some dropped/stashed gold here and would be more than grateful if any of the pro's here would have a glance at it for me. An idea of depth would also be really helpful. I've detected over 100 coins so far (from 1800 to 1900) so it was a busy little village at some point.

cheers guys, again thanks for any input

patch.jpg

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes there 1 gold Cache there,its a nice one,in some kind metal container,cannot give a depth i'm not a mental dowser. patch.jpg

OP
OP
A

aussiedetect

Tenderfoot
Jul 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really appreciate your assistance Okie, look's like I'm going for a quick drive!

Many thanks

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I get gold buried 2 plus feet deep in a metal container. The large rock in bottom is a treasure marker....Art

attachmentOLKX8SKO.jpg

OP
OP
A

aussiedetect

Tenderfoot
Jul 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Art,
Matches what Okie said, my issue is finding it. Got myself an E-Trac but no way it will see that deep.

Time to put my thinking cap on, really appreciate your help

cheers

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Check Okiedowser spot .. tree shadow area on picture
Maybe depth is: >1mt & <2mt

Good luck :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
A

aussiedetect

Tenderfoot
Jul 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks all - plan to head down today, I've read up on the dowsing techniques, true believer, just need to convert that into the skill itself

cheers guys

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello aussiedetect,
In map dowsing, deep coin signals are not always a cache....sometimes they get down deeper during excavation. The deep signals here are the 2 red rectangles, the one with the solid red circle inside, seemed to have the best chance of being a cache. Of course, not all caches will be deep, so any of the other shallow coin hits (red outline circles) it's possible might be hiding a shallow cache. Most of the red outline circle areas won't have a cache, but there should be loose targets you can metal detect 2 ft or less deep. Here is my general definitions from a file I keep on marked spots.

Red circle is to mark areas, of loose or surface coins/treasure and artifacts of value, down to 1-2 feet deep.
Red line box (or solid filled circles) for very deep coins/treasure or artifacts of value.

Attachments

• patch- aussiedetect.jpg
    patch- aussiedetect.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 76

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread