recomendations on types of dowsing rods for finding gold? streams + rivers?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello and probably this topic has been discussed a million times before but looking for maybe answers and theory's........also frequency's that might resonate with gold the best now got a question me and my wife were discussing do you think it would be possible if by like a ankle brace let on to ones bare leg say and run like a ground strap to the ground and drag while you walked and dowsed do think it might put one in more tune of what one is looking for? also has anybody ever tried using a frequency box while dowsing and sort of using a average to see what was found and took note of the frequency's found......probably thinking to yourselves cabin fever is set in for me up here but I figure if you don't ask you'll never know? I truly believe in dowsing and looking for guidance for I have found coins in the past

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have read of all kinds of foot wear being use from golf shoes to tree climbing boots. I guess it comes down to whatever works for you. There are a lot of frequency's for gold but I think it is all about just what is in the black box...Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out articles where the studies have been done on the electromagnetic fields of the human body. We live in an electromagnetic world within a universe of electromagnetic influences. The Earth has what scientists recently come to accept, an electromagnet shield around it. We only need to adapt our energy field to conductive materials. I use whatever I'm comfortable with to dowse.

Power of the Heart’s Electromagnetic Field
"HeartMath studies show this powerful electromagnetic field can be detected and measured several feet away from a person’s body and between two individuals in close proximity."

"The heart, like the brain, generates a powerful electromagnetic field, McCraty explains in The Energetic Heart. "The heart generates the largest electromagnetic field in the body. The electrical field as measured in an electrocardiogram (ECG) is about 60 times greater in amplitude than the brain waves recorded in an electroencephalogram (EEG)."

The Energetic Heart Is Unfolding

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dowse normally with copper rods and work really well but last night I made some out of brass I could not get them to work very good at all, maybe its just me my aura prefers copper

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I think it comes down to what works for you. I made some out of plastic one time. They worked but no good enough. I have tried all kinds of rods but I always end up back with 3/16 inch Brass. Whatever your body needs is right...Art

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny how that is?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This dowsing video, attempts to explain how energy rises up from water in the ground or man made objects below the surface. We know that mineral IR satellites can from space locate and identify gossan veins the early prospectors missed during the Gold Rush, because they depended on their own visual inspection. The gossans picked up by satellite, usually are deeper below the surface than the ones found by early miners.

We also have thermal IR technology, scientists were able to locate by satellite, a reservoir of water deep in the ground in an arid, dry African nation. No one explanation is complete or the basis for dowsing theory. Some focus on sun images and say we can't dowse at night. But why then have dowsers such as Ron Warmouth, been able to dowse for red tourmaline crystals, while being down inside a mine shaft? Others set rules and say a person can only dowse during periods of active solar flares/sun spots.

There also is an ionization phenomenom as sunlight strikes the upper atmosphere which has a layer called the Ionosphere. We become energized during daylight hours because of a downward flow. This ionization phenomenom diminishes at night, allowing AM radio waves to travel for a very long distance......because the daylight hours we know these waves only have a short range. The ionization phenomenom absorbs the AM radio waves, while at night the Ionosphere assists these waves as they bouce back to the Earth, bouce up again, then down, for a great distance.

So, the video focuses only on the upward flow, the body reacts and the result is noticed as dowsing rods move.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny how that is?
Back in the late 1980s, the first book I'd read (besides treasure magazine articles on dowsing) was on pendulum responses. The author's own pendulum was made out of lead with a chain. We all know about how toxic lead can be, many dowsers won't use any rod material if it contains any lead. You mention lead, immediately our minds remind us of the negative proterties of this metal. It can work the same way when selecting the rod material best for us. If you believe copper is best, it will work best for your dowsing.

Our energy field might be another explanation, perhaps various conductive material cause our bodies to respond in different ways. For me bronze produces a soft, gentle, reaction when my rods respond. Copper for me, gives a more of a push/pull reaction that is hard to miss.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"also has anybody ever tried using a frequency box while dowsing and sort of using a average to see what was found and took note of the frequency's found......"

I don't own any with a frequency box. In order for me, in my way of thinking, to evaluate the effectiveness of such a device.....use a controlled experiment, done not only during daylight, but also at night. Then a location selected where plenty of targets should be found, a large enough search area where checking out the signals can be quick, easy with a good recovery method. I think a Florida beach would be ideal, if you had an assistant to carry a sifter and dig the signals. That would leave your hands free to locate the suspected targets. You don't want to be on the treasure coast or E side of Florida, because of the shipwreck leases. Night time would have hardly any distraction from people passing by, while daylight hours (except for early morning) too many beach goers are going to be in your way. The idea is to check as many hits as possible, in a short time. My choice of sifter is a 14" gold classifier pan with a galvanized circular rabbit cage mesh insert, attached to the bottom inside of the classifier pan.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting back to the book I'd read on pendulum dowsing responses in the late 1980s......it was a book already out of print at the time. The author was a clinical psychiatrist, so he used pendulum dowsing as a tool for evaluation of a patients mental condition. Now, this book also mentioned something about dowsing tests. He mentioned how doing a test, to put the pendulum to a task of proving the results will always be right, backfires on you every time. Then if you admit your pendulum is answering in a way to prove dowsing really works, the test can be done correctly (if not prolonged for too long).

The author's explanation for how pendulum dowsing works, is the abilities of both the conscious mind and the subconscious or super-mind (as he called it). The book went on to say that for the conscious rational mind of an idividual to try and trick the super-mind, would be like a child trying to out smart an adult. This could be compared to your young son or daughter wanting to wrap you around their finger, to convince you to give them what they want right now.

I was just beginning to get my own responses with a pendulum, so tested out his theory. Found a deck of playing cards, one pack never used before with no bends, scratches, scrapes, on any of the cards. I figured out that by holding the pendulum over the deck, you can dowse the color of the top card, then see how many times it would be right or wrong.

So, my test was set up, now holding my pendulum over the deck, asked first if red (either yes or no), then if black. The results came in like this on the entire deck of cards.

Red-all red cards were dowsed as black.
Black-all black cards were dowsed as red.

I shuffled the deck, really good 3-4 times to make sure it was done right. Same thing happened again. Tried a few more cards, same results again. I realized suddenly, by the laws of random chance, the correct answer should have happened at least 2-3 times. Took out a quarter, flipped it without dowsing the answer. You can be right quite often on whether quarter lands as heads or tails.....simply by the laws of random chance. If a dowsing test never produces a correct answer, this would be impossible according to the laws of random chance. Maybe we don't recognize random chance as a law, but for now on here, I'm going to call it a law.

It's also really hard for me to believe that the dowsing deniers, who put out these videos on the Internet, can offer a large sum of money, get qualified people to take their test of dowsing ability, to use dowsing to prove it doesn't work. This started back, well the first TV show I'd seen was in the late 1980s. To test people over a period of a couple decades, to say nobody ever can get it right, seems to me random chance eventually is going to kick in. If any of them do get it right, why don't we hear about it?

The important thing to remember, is not who believes what, but that we get our feedback, when treasure hunters request a map to be dowsed, they don't feel intimidated to the point, don't show back up to give us a report. It would be silly, to ask for feedback if the results are not going to be accepted or permitted.

I guess I needed to have my little rant here, forgive me if it got slightly off-topic. Trying to figure out how, I'd got so sidetracked on this comment. It must be the card deck test using a pendulum. Holding it over an object location, to me is the same as what is reffered to (on this forum) as "physical dowsing" because of how it was used in the experiment.

My test mentioned above, should be considered a physical type of dowsing test....not mental dowsing as when map dowsing. There are videos on YouTube for L-rod map dowsing, a dowsing tool is simply that, technique or our methods make the results either "mental" or "physical" in nature. My own personal opinion is, both require some conscious mental effort along with the physical and subconscious influence of the super electromagnetic field of the heart.

You stand over a spot with a branch searching for water, normally we call it physical dowsing. About the pendulum book, I first mentioned originally, because of lead used as a material in past decades for pendulums (it now can be avoided for any type of dowsing tool, because the toxic effects are known).

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread