some dowsing help......

Idaho Redneck

Greenie
Apr 2, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, Im fairly new here and do more lurking than anything, but am intrigued by this dowsing method............can someone tell me if they have any hits On this pic. Damn....cant figure out how to edit my title, smart phone may be smarter than me but it dont know what im thinkin.............."downsing", sheez

Screenshot_2015-03-04-22-41-39.png

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get something here.

Attachments

• downzing-Idaho Redneck.jpg
    downzing-Idaho Redneck.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 82

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I get two silver veins that come to the surface. They are no worth mining but worth locating so you know how they look in case you come across others..Art
attachmentYFOBHLT5.jpg

OP
OP
Idaho Redneck

Idaho Redneck

Greenie
Apr 2, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys, the old man and I have plans to to some metal detecting up here this summer, this canyon has become quite popular with motorcycle riders in recent years but this canyon also is supposedly where there is a buried Cache somewhere. Many have looked and obviously if its been found nobody knows it, but it was buried by one guy running from the law as the rest of the gang had been killed...........there has been lots of changes no doubt in the last 100 years to this canyon, but it outta make a fun detectin/prospecting trip anyway.

I think I read a thread here about the gold buried in this canyon, Ill see if I can find it and link it here, so you can read the story.
Thanks again for the help. If we find anything ill definitely let you guys know. Dan.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Idaho Redneck

Idaho Redneck

Greenie
Apr 2, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure...........hold on a min......

Here ya go...will this work or did you mean further right? Screenshot_2015-03-05-14-27-22.png

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I have a cache from a robbery in a rock crevice. I have only worked off the edge of a map a few times. I never received any feedback so I don’t know if it works good or not..Art

attachment.jpg

OP
OP
Idaho Redneck

Idaho Redneck

Greenie
Apr 2, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Thank you Art, that would be the one.....we will check it out and report back, thanks alot for the insight.

If I try to center on that square and zoom in some more will it help, im not sure what you mean by "reading off the edge of map". If centering on that square, and zooming in some more will help ill do it, but I gotta say, pretty excited to get out there and do some detecting and lookin. Quick question, when we search the 2 areas you found silver veins breaching, is there any particular signs we should look for, or might stand out from a distance as we are hiking up the hill. This I know dont really look like it in my pictures but this is a steep dang canyon, till ya get on top.

Also Thank you Red Desert, your spot, being further up the canyon, we will definitely check out on one of our camping trips. Love the idea of having a place to start. If I remember correctly your solid red circles indicate a deeply buried "Something" coin, artifact...ect. In your experience what is deeply buried, my guess would be greater than 2~3ft........ This is very Rocky country and being able to look for a spot where someone could dig deep may be an advantage. Ill have to read up on our detector but im sure we didnt spend enough money on it that it reads real deep. I think my dad paid not quite 500 bucks, so lower end metal detector for sure. Again thanks for the help.

Dan

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Look for Quartz rocks or dark gray rock. Silver can be in quartz or lead deposits..It also has been found near blue clay deposits..Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"being further up the canyon, we will definitely check out on one of our camping trips. Love the idea of having a place to start. If I remember correctly your solid red circles indicate a deeply buried "Something" coin, artifact...ect. In your experience what is deeply buried, my guess would be greater than 2~3ft........"

Yes, that would mean deeper than 1-2 feet. And in the right type of terrain, it could be inside a cave, man made tunnel, or a mine shaft. If none of the above are possible, see if a vein or carved rocks might be there, otherwise maybe the possibly of deep artifacts....perhaps even washed down a crevice. Just have to check it out to really know for sure.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread