In need of some dowsing help please

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Supposedly there is supposed to be a large quantity of buried paper currency in some kind of container or box buried in one or more spot's on this map. I had checked 3 different spot's on the map (with my L rod's in the field) but so far have came up empty handed and was possibly hoping for some help to confirm if there is actually anything even there to begin with. Thank you!

HuntingforCash2.JPG

Here is a closer shot of where I believe the paper currency to be buried.

HuntingforCash3.JPG

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a rare thing for me to check maps for paper currency. I've done this at least a couple times. Once I map dowsed 3 GE maps zoomed in different amounts to the same area, a highway went through arid terrain with no buildings visible. The map zoomed in the most, the spot marked was near a tree. There 4 empty buckets were found, someone else must have found it, sorted out the cash, took the large bills dumping all the money left in the hole (with buckets on top). And as you might guess, the map dowser never got any of the found cash.

I'll check in a moment, see if I get anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally I was kind of skeptical on what to dowse on but figured that paper money might be a good niche to start with because less people dowse for paper currency over metal's (although I do not know if it is as reliable as dowsing for paper currency over metals and I believe that may actually be the point in your above post). It was kind of weird that when I had been in the field I had gotten three separate hit's and I did ask if the money had been recovered as of late to which the pendulum had said no and that it had not been recovered (granted my pendulum dowsing was correct).

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I was kind of skeptical on what to dowse on but figured that paper money might be a good niche to start with because less people dowse for paper currency over metal's (although I do not know if it is as reliable as dowsing for paper currency over metals and I believe that may actually be the point in your above post). It was kind of weird that when I had been in the field I had gotten three separate hit's and I did ask if the money had been recovered as of late to which the pendulum had said no and that it had not been recovered (granted my pendulum dowsing was correct).
If this is Arizona, the paper signal just might make some sense here. After buying my GB-2 detector, the next step was to take a trip out west, which turned out to be Quartzsite and Yuma. I met one of the few last remaing treasure hunters still attempting to earn a yearly income from metal detecting and gold prospecting. He and his wife were living out of a camping trailer, in summers dredging up in Idaho, winter time metal detecting or nuggetshooting in SW AZ. To cut the story short, he told me about a ball jar cahe found around Yuma. Not only old silver coins inside, but old silver and gold certificates. So, a glass jar cache you might expect some paper currency inside besides the coins.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time checking both maps, like Okie I didn't get anything....until checking for gold had a hit on the 2nd zoomed in map. It was down in the wash way, so might be a trace of native gold.

Rechecking both maps again for currency, finally got a hit, but probably not a cache (but I'd check it out anyway) people lose wallets all the time or a loose bill is carelessly put in a pocket then forgotten until lost. General definition from my file for this type of search, notice don't have a depth reading marking system for currency hits, because most will be jars or sealed buckets (shallow caches).

Turquoise (or aqua blue) circles for paper currency, usually hidden in the ground as a cache.

Attachments

• HuntingforCash2- Red Fox 4.JPG
    HuntingforCash2- Red Fox 4.JPG
    347.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On 2nd thought, better mark the spot, could be lost gold jewelry or other man made gold object

Attachments

• HuntingforCash3- Red Fox 4.JPG
    HuntingforCash3- Red Fox 4.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
It's funny because when I had been map dousing I had doused buried money in that exact area that you had circled for money but then the second time I had doused over the map it had led me to the middle of the river bed (you had just reminded me of that having happened) and so I had went with the river bed instead thinking that was correct location. Maybe I had gotten subconsciously thrown off along the way. Dowsing is somewhat new to me (I started a couple of years ago and had quit for a while and had forgotten about it until recently) but you showing me that circle gives me some a lot confidence but cause I had doused that exact same spot that you had marked as a positive read before having narrowing it down (albeit incorrectly) to a different location. One more question: is it possible to always dowse the amount of a possible money cache before going to check it out (maybe I am missing something in what you had said)? I had doused the amount of money in the location you had marked to be a very large amount (thousands+) but I am not sure if I am just getting a false yes on that because that is what I am wishing it to be. When I do dowse I ask to be shown where a VERY LARGE AMOUNT of money is so I am not wasting my time. BTW: The area where you had dowsed and noticed some possible gold I had seen an old pan with some water in it sitting there yesterday so it is possible that someone had been camping there at one time. I do not have any detector's and honestly that is why it would be nice to find some money (so that I could really get this hobby going and afford the gas food and equipment it would take to get serious about it). I thought it funny also that I had tried to dowse on another location for cash (closer to home) after having gone out there once before and returning empty handed and it would not allow to look any where else and had taken me straight back to where I had been previously looking on the map. I do not understand why it would do that.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"It's funny because when I had been map dousing I had doused buried money in that exact area that you had circled for money but then the second time I had doused over the map it had led me to the middle of the river bed (you had just reminded me of that having happened) and so I had went with the river bed instead thinking that was correct location."

Part of learning to dowse, is to NOT let your conscious or rational thoughts of the brain, interfere with the responses you get. You can mentally lead yourself astray. I would suggest a good sifter, a frequent cache dowsing mistake is to pick up signals for loose coins, then assume it must be a cache.

For me, sometimes depth is a clue, checking then to see if the target is loose treasure or buried. Amount of cash isn't important, whether a cache or not could be, try your best, takes time to learn your dowsing stuff well.

OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Red Desert. I'm dowsing crazy so yes I will definitely learn it to the best of my ability. Dowsing is a blast and map dousing is so much fun. It's no wonder why people on here like yourself help others with their maps...it's a BLAST! I made L-rods the other day and was able to locate the bird that we have which had flown out of it's cage and into the neighbors yard. Got the bird back in it's cage and everything so there's no doubt it work's I just have to be calm and relaxed. Speaking of being calm and relaxed I do not know if you have ever heard of something called positive affirmations but they do work (for me anyway). There had been a lot of cars going by the area I had been looking the first time on that map and I had gotten spooked more than once (didn't want people wondering what I was doing). I used the affirmation: "I am calm and relaxed in every situation" and had no problems the second time I had went out (just repeated it to myself on the drive up). Nothing spooked me after that even some people who had stopped in their car right by me didn't even phase me. Anyway just thought I'd share that and you can use affirmations for almost anything. I use them for health as-well. "I am completely healthy and free of all illnesses at all times and in every way." I don't even get cold's anymore. Anyway thank you again Red Desert.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I've had some real problems trying to dowse around noisy cars or people in public places, try to avoid it now. Around treasure hunting people and rock hounds, dowsing hasn't been a hard thing to do. Going to a mining claim or Crater of Diamonds State Park, no people gazing intently at you (as if you're doing something strange).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread