Last edited:
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Ivan I will get it as soon as I discover my first cache and possible make some profit. I also want to get Jerry Nokes book. Here is where I had gotten the gold silver cache that you had wanted a closer picture of Okie (top pic). if you or Red Desert can proof check my accuracy I would really appreciate it. I very much need the second close up picture dowsed too as that is where I will be digging first and am really not sure on my close up accuracy, thank you guy's.

goldsilvercache2.JPG

Attachments

• BankLoot12.JPG
    BankLoot12.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

RockRaven

Jan 19, 2015
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X80, Magnum 420, 220, RM6, Coin Mag, 77B, Yukon Nugget, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett AT Gold. Master Hunter ADS 7, CXII, Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro 220, TR550, 840 Auto , Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If the bills are not sequential they will most likely not be registered. New packs will be sequential, registered, should be easy to tell the difference between circulated and new. Obviously it would not be wise to deposit a large amount of old cash into the bank, but should be okay for making various purchases if you are careful.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is a cache, I know that a certain percent of these type dowsed hits, turn out to be only loose silver coins (gold if you're lucky).

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is a cache, I know that a certain percent of these type dowsed hits, turn out to be only loose silver coins (gold if you're lucky).

you are right red.....that why i do a weight check.....as far as a signal or a lose coin.....(satellite)will not have one...satellite is to high to get a signal,It has to be a cache to be strong enough to have a signal...Just like coin shooting it not going to find a coin at 2 feet.....as far as mental dowsing.....its has nothing to do with the satellite...... i did that for 35 years......... i now work with the signal.

OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I spent the day digging at that site closer to the water and again came up empty handed. I had bought a metal detector off of Craigslist from a guy but it is 30 years old and I had noticed it had given me a signal on my shovel head at about 5 inches. Anything over 5 inches I got nothing which kind of bummed me out when it came to the gold/silver searching. I would dig out area's and scan them with the detector and then repeat at different levels (considering I only get hits at 5 inches with it) but still got nothing. I'm thinking that that other site that art had marked and you had confirmed on my X Okie would probably be a better spot to dig but then again I could be wrong. I do of course hope that the area's marked on my map are in fact caches though and not just loose coin's.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent the day digging at that site closer to the water and again came up empty handed. I had bought a metal detector off of Craigslist from a guy but it is 30 years old and I had noticed it had given me a signal on my shovel head at about 5 inches. Anything over 5 inches I got nothing which kind of bummed me out when it came to the gold/silver searching. I would dig out area's and scan them with the detector and then repeat at different levels (considering I only get hits at 5 inches with it) but still got nothing. I'm thinking that that other site that art had marked and you had confirmed on my X Okie would probably be a better spot to dig but then again I could be wrong. I do of course hope that the area's marked on my map are in fact caches though and not just loose coin's.
Metal detector is 30 years old? In the days of primitive metal detectors, the concentric coil types were better know as pulltab and wet grass finders. The reason dowsing was so widely accepted, during that era of treasure hunting history (but we as a treasure hunting community have done a "darn good" job of rewriting our past heritage). On the other hand, the 2-box MetallicaScope wasn't limited to our current federal restrictions for signal output strength. Those primitive 2-box detectors had about twice the depth as the best on the market today. All the sudden treasure recoveries made using these machines, is what resulted in the hobby of metal detecting for coins, relics, artifacts, caches, etc.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Yes the companies have done a good job but there are ways they could be better if the government would allow them sell the devices..Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I understand about, US Gov regulations put metal detectors, under the same restrictions as devices such as cell phones, then also included are other devices that use RF (radio frequency). Yes, could be better without restrictions, if my memory is correct, the old Metallica-Scope had a maximum depth of 45 feet down, for large targets such as ore bodies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Yah it's pretty old according to the seller. The guy had actually said 30-50 years old to be exact. It doesn't have any brand name on it and all it say's is 'VLF Treasure Detector.' I'm pretty happy to have it though even if it doesn't detect as far down as I wish that it would. The site I had been going to to explore is more than 50 miles away and I have not the gas money (or any money really) to make it there until I find something close or until I get paid next month (which is a while away). These mountains are only about 10 minutes from my house though if anyone would would like to dowse them for any gold/silver/paper caches (or even a single gold coin or ring) I would very much appreciate it (until I can make it back out to the other two caches I am digging). I was also wondering how I should phrase questions in-order to get a higher accuracy when using the L-rod's. Any tips/advice on how exactly they should be worded would be really helpful. Also, I had doused a possible cache of gold coin's/bullion toward the N. part of the first mountain area but when I had started to try to narrow it down the pendulum did not want to answer. What does one do when the pendulum doesn't want to answer and what does it mean when it does not want to co-operate? Thank you so much guys!

Mountain area 1:
Nearbymountains.jpg

Mountain area 2:
Nearbymountains2.jpg

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VLF I can remember when those were touted, as being the best detector for penetrating heavy concentrations of iron minerals in the ground conditions.

"What does one do when the pendulum doesn't want to answer and what does it mean when it does not want to co-operate?"

There can be a motionless type of response with a pendulum, it stops, your grip tightens up so hanging over a spot. Mark the place, might be a target you need.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if I we're hunting Iron I guess I would be set then, haha. It gives a high pitch for gold and low pitch for lower metal's. It has a knob to adjust for them. As far as my pendulum the way I had learned it a couple of years ago (before I had put it down for a while) was with a paper chart that had a DWS option. For the DWS the pendulum would go back and forth forward and to the left to backward and to the right so I fear my mind might be programmed for that. I do not know how to un-program it to receive yes and no answers only. Be nice to find something local till I can make it out to the site (even just one gold coin) but if my pendulum doesn't want to co-operate with my question's then I do not know what else to do. Sometimes it will give a DWS on one of the quadrants and a no on the others which leaves me scratching my head. Yes or no pendulum? YES OR NO! : P

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are over an area of multiple targets, a swinging side-to-side or back and forth, indicates the dimensions of the area.....good to zoom in more. I like to move back so, starts swinging to point at a spot. The same with rotations, for me moving back away slightly, will bring a pointing type of swing.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be several sites here, might be worth checking out.

Attachments

• Nearbymountains- Red Fox 4.jpg
    Nearbymountains- Red Fox 4.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 141

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More potential sites to check, I'd look for any signs of old foundation ruins also.

Attachments

• Nearbymountains2- Red Fox 4.jpg
    Nearbymountains2- Red Fox 4.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 131
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you red desert. I got a gold coin's possible a cache on this one. Do you see anything?

FireShot Screen Capture #004 -.png

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do get one Au hit, whether this is a cache or not, you'll have to check the spot out. Use a detector that can reach 3-4 ft down.

Attachments

• FireShot Screen Capture #004 -Red Fox 4.png
    FireShot Screen Capture #004 -Red Fox 4.png
    461.9 KB · Views: 136
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
As soon as I get my first cache Red Desert I will buy the best metal detector that I can believe me. I had map doused the area earlier using the grid system and my L-rods for yes and no answer's and had narrowed it down to this X (before I had seeked your opinion on it). When I had visited the site earlier I believe that I had found a signal line and it had closed on my X spot after having closed several times while walking the S (still learning signal lines though). Maybe I am actually getting the signal line on your mark and mine is incorrect (totally new to signal lines)? Here is where I had gotten the hit and there is also a rock there that is split and goes deep into the ground but I do not know what is in that hole and don't exactly want to go reaching in there to see. Thank you Red Desert.

FireShot Screen Capture #0041 -.PNG

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I had gotten the hit and there is also a rock there that is split and goes deep into the ground but I do not know what is in that hole and don't exactly want to go reaching in there to see."

Yes, don't want to reach down in there with your hand, people have done just that, been bit by a rattlesnake.

A split rock would have been a good place for anyone gold prospecting, to sample by panning out the gravel. It seems you live in Arizona? I get a small weak hit right above your X. I'd get a gold pan, a classifier pan (if you can afford one), take a 5 gallon bucket to the spot I've marked. The classifier pan should fit on top of your 5 gallon bucket. There might also be a way to screen it with a rabbit cage mesh (or make a sifter from it). A quick way to find the answer, is ask on a gold prospecting board or forum, whether these mountains had any past mining activity. Small nuggets, little pickers, a few flakes, and even fine gold can add up after a while.

This video shows how to convert to bars, your accumulated stash of gold dust, flakes, pickers, small nuggets, with high grade hard rock ore chunks.

[video=youtube;r1DwuuUri_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r1DwuuUri_A[/video]

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread