Why are you posting wanting "free" dowsing?

Mitch Dickson

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is there post after post wanting a dowser to dowse your maps and pics for free?

Even if someone has dowsing ability, he or she will not be able to do that for you! Your motives are wrong. You are looking to take off someone else with absolutely no thought that your asking permission to steal from that person. Even if agreed to on the surface, that dowsers subconscience will know your motives and you will get no answers that make any sense.

It takes years of daily practise, just to do adaquate field dowsing to where you can go to an old park and clean out the silver coins. Map dowsing is 100 times harder! A good field dowser stresses to get to 70% acuracy. Some days I can't miss, and other times I am lucky to hit 1 target on 4 tries. Would you go to your doctor and ask for "free" medical care and expect him to just cough it up?

You need to learn to do it yourself! A successful dowser doesn't need you with your hand out. If you are not willing to pay him for his time, your not real. Your like Mark Knoppler and Dire Straights with his "That ain't working, that's the way you do it, money for nothing and my chicks for free".

And what would you do if a real experienced map dowser did dowse your map, just for kicks? Would you know how to follow up in the field to find that item? Would you even go out and try LOL? He might think it funny to actually send you a real treasure map knowing that you will never find it :)

Dowsing is more than just owning a set of L rods and a pendulum. It takes a long time and constant practise to know when your actually getting a real dowsing reaction or are just fooling yourself. About anyone can dowse for water because your body is 90% water. You are a walking witness! Gold or silver is quite another matter :)

Get you a set of L rods and a metal detector and go out to an old park or school yard. Dowse up a spot and then see with your detector if anything is there. If you hit 5% to start with, that is very good! Within a year you should be hitting 30%. In 2 years of daily practise you should hit 50%. At that point you will no longer need to work because you can work the gold fields finding gold bearing rocks and nuggets.

There are few real dowsers, not because it can't be done, but because only a few stick with it long enough to learn how! How many guitar players like Jimmy Hendrix or Eric Clapton are there? You think they got there by merely reading a book? It takes 10,000 hours practise to get just adaquate playing a guitar. Master musicians far exceed that amount of practise. Dowsers are the same.

This is why dowsing devolves into aura dowsing, ghost hunting, information dowsing, health dowsing, etc. None of those have to be proven. A real dowser goes for the tangible, not the intangible! He can go out to an old park and come back with a handful of silver coins and lie to you about how "lucky" he was with his detector today :) Just about all real dowsers will not tell you they can dowse! They have already been there, weathered the trouble it brings, and got the "T" shirt. You see, people like yourself, come around and want to bleed them for their hard earned gift and don't even offer thank you in return. You can demand proof till hades freezes over but none will be offered or shown. Your belief is totally irrevelant. Your disbelief is prefered :)

"A gold mine is just a hole in the ground with a liar in the bottom of it."

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1. Dowsing is not 100% proven
so if someone charged to Dowse odds are they would be accused of attempted theft.
and possibly rightly so.

have you ever thought if someone dowsed for free, & it turned out to be spot on a
large treasure. the finder then may pay a thank you fee ?

I personally consider myself skeptical when it comes to Dowsing.
However , Being I am not 100% sure ,

I'm willing to let dowsers practice on me.
and even prove me wrong.
But I'm not going to pay someone for it in advance :tongue3:

Back in the 70's - 80's there was a map dowser who would mail me letters
telling me he would Dowse Maps for me, for a fee :tongue3:
I would be more inclined to ask why would someone Pay for something that may not work ?

I know people pay for Palm readings etc. but does that mean it works ?

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff... next time you wanna take a vacation... come to florida...
I will dowse ya...

In rum :)

Right after we metal detect :)

And I wont even charge you for my services. :)

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Thank you Jeff...Map Dowsing is the way I enjoy treasure hunting now. I don’t know if the people go out and look for what I have dowsed. If someone learns something from my maps my time has not been wasted. I have a lot of knowledge in this old brain and just want to help others. Okie and I have done maps for each other for years and we are happy with what e have found....Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If somebody ask me privately for my address, to send me topographic maps (because they want to file a mining claim) I wouldn't ask for any but you can bet money will pop out as the package is opened. Last summer I did 3 topographic maps for Leechtown area, Vancouver Island, BC. By the time the fire hazard was over, I was given by email a GE map with 4 pins for the claim corners. When you get something in the mail prepaid or baited with bills (largest a $100 Canadian) that to me is a job. Those maps are large and take plenty of hours to work on. I used to be in construction most of my life, now I'm unemployed and too young to retire, past the age to work a production line in a factory....this is the closest thing I've got to call employment or business (if you want to call it that). I'd rather be doing something with my unemployed time. Of course GE maps we do on here for free, after all nothing was sent by mail.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If somebody ask me privately for my address, to send me topographic maps (because they want to file a mining claim) I wouldn't ask for any but you can bet money will pop out as the package is opened. Last summer I did 3 topographic maps for Leechtown area, Vancouver Island, BC. By the time the fire hazard was over, I was given by email a GE map with 4 pins for the claim corners. When you get something in the mail prepaid or baited with bills (largest a $100 Canadian) that to me is a job. Those maps are large and take plenty of hours to work on. I used to be in construction most of my life, now I'm unemployed and too young to retire, past the age to work a production line in a factory....this is the closest thing I've got to call employment or business (if you want to call it that). I rather be doing something with my unemployed time.

Yes there is a difference between a donation & a request for Payment.
If payment is Mandatory I believe guarantees are also mandatory.
& you yourself know if someone can't follow maps it may not be the dowsers fault,
But if a dowser requested $100 it should be backed. :thumbsup:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Some times I get a message requesting my address. If someone wants to send me money I will gladly spend it..Art

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love donations! I CAN be bought.....just sayin' :headbang:
disclaimer.jpg NO_CHEAP.jpg firsttimersnregulars.jpg stunning.jpg keep calm dowse on.jpg

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
why because lots of folks want "something' for nothing -(freebies)- nothing new or surprising about that now is there ?=--and dowsers by giving out "free" samples can "prove" they got what it "takes" to find stuff by telling the free seekers info that the free seekers can then vouch for after "finding" stuff --- --then the dowsers can later on charge other paying folks .... so both sides (the dowser and the freebie seeker) get something from the deal ....:headbang:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
just as one can look at a topo map and by the lay of the land tell you were wild game trails for animals will be * (which I can easily do) --one can often tell where the folds and creases are in the land are at by looking at topo maps -(by using topo maps of gold baring areas) -- gold (being heavy) will often wash down steep slopes and go down thru those creases being washed down by water and tends to "pool" at the foot of hills --a skilled "map reader --dowser" can find areas where gold is liable to be at --its a art form and a "skill" to be able to read the lay of the land.

I firmly believe in pay only after "proof" -- ( only after the gold or "goods" are found ) -- in my view 5% to 10% is fair , but often the dowser gets screwed --since once the seeker person has "the goods" why bother to pay the "dowser"? after the fact ?------ sadly this allows for a 1 time "rip off" of the dowser by the seeker --but if the info is good the seeker only screws himself in the long haul --since a good map dowser can help find gold at many other sites ..which the seeker will not be able to do since he hosed the dowser ...no more info will be forth coming..

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could make a list of uncompensated finds, just as Florida shipwreck treasure hunters working under exploration permit never get the salvage rights after all is done. You can make a list of other treasure hunting situations (including partnerships) that something went wrong. The other day, my GPAA gold prospecting magazine came in the mail, as you might expect they have an article about Tommy Thompson with his mugshot. That's high profile example of things gone wrong, but the article said $20 million was backed by investors.

If a person goes to college to get an education, there is a cost to get a skill to be gainfully employed. Map dowsing, you have to be educated by feedback, the way to learn how well you're done or not done. The TreasureNet dowsing board is one way to get the needed experience or education, it comes with a price also (although not obvious to spectators).

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take that back about the salvage permits in Florida, there have been signs lately the state might be opening up to salvage operations again.

Kootenaii

Mar 29, 2015
East Kootenay, BC
Detector(s) used
EuroAce & Garrett's Pro pointer - L-rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did recently asked with a couple of maps and i DO believe in Karma so I will of course give some gold pickers to whoever helped lead me to the spots... after i am done there i will email for your address. I will post pictures and the results. Thank you Red, Art and whoever else for your time to dowse my maps. I will be leaving in about a week depending on weather - can't wait.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Has anyone ever sent you guys a map and you just have to tell them, "Nope, there is nothing there."? Only reason I ask is because out of all of the dowsing requests and replies I can remember seeing, I don't remember a dowser ever saying that there is nothing on a map.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Has anyone ever sent you guys a map and you just have to tell them, "Nope, there is nothing there."? Only reason I ask is because out of all of the dowsing requests and replies I can remember seeing, I don't remember a dowser ever saying that there is nothing on a map.
Yes we have...Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the time it will be for free (unless they find something of greater value than loose surface coins/jewelry or relics) and I will tell them when there doesn't seem to be any lost buried treasure on the map or photo. Then I'd check to see what else might be there, loose surface coins, jewelry, artifacts, etc.

I never expect a person at the park checking out hits with a metal detector to share or split the finds with me, that would be appreciated if a very large amount was found. Same with gold prospecting, a few pickers, not expecting anything, but recently the owner of a hard rock minig claim with staff posted maps here. Not all the hits got checked out because the ore and other work kept them busy. Here is a link to a post.

Sorry, didn't have the link handy, this will take you to my first comment on the 3rd page.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/d...ne-claims-please-post4341024.html#post4341024

Last edited:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Up until a few years ago I had the ability to find water in the desert. Almost without fail I could find an unmapped seep or small spring. I honestly do not know if it was a gift or years of desert experience. An otherwise minor stroke changed that. Sometimes I feel that I can not find water in the ocean.

Should I return to prospecting or cache hunting I would likely seek the services of several map dowsers. Why? Sometimes it does not work. Having the opinions of several people, who have dowsed independently of one another may increase likelihood of success.

As as far as compensating the dowsers, I believe in proper fee for service. I would not be paying for a dot, x, or note on a map, but rather for accuracy and success. Locating a cache of a few hundred silver dollars would result in a gift of 10% to 15%, depending on other expenses associated with recovery, to be divided between any accurate dowsers. Conversely, locating an empty hole in the ground or nothing at all would result in no gift to the dowser.

Honesty in any business transaction is paramount. By outlining what I expect and the dowser doing the same, we then have a starting point to negotiate a contract.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always leave it up to the person, if there is any compensation. Once something is found, everyone has their idea of what or how much.

People in other countries have a different perspective on giving, there is a tendency to think we already have plenty of money. I'm going to be getting a gift, as a reward for successful map dowsing. It started with GE maps in the dowsing board, then photos from on site by email. I'm attaching the photo, spots marked turned out to be sealed entrances to old Roman gold mines. There is water in them so, really hard to do much inside the mines yet.

Before the on site photos were dowsed, I was promised a gift. I now find out what that means. His wife has been sewing tapestry, a woman's work at hand made anything takes time. I'm sure the work she put's into making it will be equal to or most likely much more, than the map dowsing time. We Americans are so money conscious, it could be real easy to miss good intentions.

Attachments

• 1-romanmines.jpg
    1-romanmines.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I too have a lot of stories that come from my map Dowsing. I did a map for a guy down south. He found the Turtle marking the Spanish mine but the mine is now under a Lake. I have a guy in the mid west that I have taught to dowse. He now sends me maps to confirm what he has located...they all make me happy...Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I had some other experiences too. I checked photos for a guy at a dig site in another country, tried everything and nothing made sense. He did his own map dowsing, dug himself into a tunnel. Checking the photos more of his site, kept getting petroleum deep down. Turns out only 1 mile away are some oil wells. Did a map for him of the area, he gave all the gps to a local university and found out the hits all had the same formation that produced oil wells. Apparently, the whole thing was meant to get an investor interested, but don't think it worked for that, did confirm my hits for oil.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread