Kansas City Man invents Gold Finder ( 1897 )

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Not sure if this fits here or LRL's but I hope You'll enjoy a bit of history :

The Salt Lake herald.
(Salt Lake City [Utah), 18 Jan. 1897.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled3.jpg

More at : The Salt Lake herald. (Salt Lake City [Utah) 1870-1909, January 18, 1897, Page 3, Image 3 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I find that the rods do have some distance problems. I can only locate a few flakes of gold at about 60 paces and the same for old silver dimes. As the size goes up so does the distance. A ¾ oz nugget can be found at a distance of a mile or more. You first have to find different size gold to check how far your rods will locate each target.When I follow a gold signal I can tell what is there by how far I have followed
it...
.Art

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around end of Nov 2009 at the gold claims at Quartzsite, AZ standing next to someone (a dredger staying in the area because of the California dredging ban just went into effect) who said that he used to work for Arizona Bureau of Mines). I was getting between about 2-5 miles for the lode mines, from the claim we were camped on in the 14 day free BLM site. You need to have a person like him stand watching your rods pointing, tell what is out there in the distance.

L-rods can be made to attract or turn towards gold, much the same as described in the article for his invention.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread