Gold bullion and Wells Fargo chests:

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold bullion and Well's Fargo chest's:

Bullion and possible nugget's some perhaps in Well's Fargo chest's as Stage Coach robberies we're prevalent in the area. Found one possible area after having asked for the location of the largest cache (the second picture) with the rod's. Still excavating for the two coin caches (from the earlier thread on here) but after having read about this area I simply had to post some pic's for future hunting purposes. Much thanks in advance and of course there will be compensation should anything be found.

VM4.jpg VM3.jpg

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be some signals for other things in there. Solid red circle, at first though it was an empty excavated hole, then checking depth kept going deeper, might have a possible tunnel at the spot. Red rectangle is interesting, should be worth checking out.

Attachments

• VM3- Red Fox 4.jpg
    VM3- Red Fox 4.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 147
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank's Red Desert. I was led to the middle of that picture when I had asked for the largest cache of gold bullion on the map but I do know that sometimes gold can be tricky and I'm wondering if maybe I was perhaps getting a signal for native as you can see how a stream had used to run right through there. This is where it had given me the target for the bullion cache:

VM3.1.JPG

Also, could you possible tell me if you see anything on the bigger picture as far as gold bar/bullion caches. They're are supposed to be all kind's of them according to the history of the area. Much appreciated as always : D

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got some kind of old excavated hole at the white, perhaps old miners digging deep to check for gold or possibly an old pocket mine now covered up. Yellow, seems to be some native gold.

Attachments

• VM3.1- Red Fox 4.JPG
    VM3.1- Red Fox 4.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 140

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a nice gold hit this area.

Attachments

• VM4- Red Fox 4crop.jpg
    VM4- Red Fox 4crop.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 149
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Red and thank you. So, there is no cache in that one area from the close up but there is native. Good to know. Why I would be led there then I do not know. Here is a close up of the area for the large orange circle. Would this be a cache of some sort or is it native? Not looking for native am looking for caches and or chest's containing caches.

VM5.jpg

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The signal is too wide and deep, I think we are on to native gold again.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around known gold mining areas, usually checking in a general way (rather than gold specific) for potential sites will be more productive a method.

Attachments

• VM4- Red Fox 4.jpg
    VM4- Red Fox 4.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 121
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you RD. I found out that they do tours at that mine so I am wanting to stay away from anything too close. I got a hit for a cache of gold bullion that had been stolen from the mine resting at this target if you or anyone else would like to check it for me:

VMG3T.JPG

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of checking for gold signals this time, tried to locate sites with a potential for metal detecting finds. Red outline circles should be the sites to check with a metal detector, a couple of them might also be worth checking out for shallow caches only about 2 feet deep. I've seen loose gold nugget caches (with a few buttons, other relics placed over on top) found on gold prospecting forums that were only 19-24 inches down, need one of those super deep Minelab detectors to find them. Red line rectangles are going to be deeper, the one solid filled rectangle could be only a vein or old mine site (at least a signal of something that goes very deep). Here again the general definitions from my file on markings.

White in general is a color indicator, I use for natural caves or man made tunnel entrances and mine shafts, other similar type excavations (including old wells, tombs, etc.).
Red circle is to mark areas, of loose or surface coins/treasure and artifacts of value, down to 1-2 feet deep.
Red line box (or solid filled circles) for very deep coins/treasure or artifacts of value.

Attachments

• VM6-Red Fox 4.jpg
    VM6-Red Fox 4.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Coooool!!! Some nice spot's to check out there. I don't know if you had seen the picture I had posted yesterday from above (had replaced it with the one you had just doused cause I figured it would be a lot of work to do so). Was wondering if it had any caches would be really cool if it did. Thank you Red Desert!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw it, but had to shut down being out of time, so wasn't able to save the image....didn't realize you replaced it.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Red and thank you. So, there is no cache in that one area from the close up but there is native. Good to know. Why I would be led there then I do not know. Here is a close up of the area for the large orange circle. Would this be a cache of some sort or is it native? Not looking for native am looking for caches and or chest's containing caches.

View attachment 1150304

I didn't check for gold this time on this map either, only for site type of signals. The red circle is shallow, seems to be something metallic, the rectangle with circular white dot, probably an old prospect hole or smaller pocket mine. If you were hunting for a lost mine or cave of gold, this would be the type of signal you'd want to be picking up.

Attachments

• VM5-Red Fox 4.jpg
    VM5-Red Fox 4.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you RD. I found out that they do tours at that mine so I am wanting to stay away from anything too close. I got a hit for a cache of gold bullion that had been stolen from the mine resting at this target if you or anyone else would like to check it for me:

View attachment 1150825
There is a very definite gold signal at your circle, to me it seems too deep for a cache unless they put it down in an old mine shaft.

At the red circle got about 2 ft deep on the target, seemed to be metallic, only thing could get a yes for is some kind of ore. There seems to be a deep vein or maybe even a shaft running through this area. I'm sure they probably had some high graders working at the mine, red circle could be the right depth for one of those high grade caches.

Attachments

• VMG3T-Red Fox 4.JPG
    VMG3T-Red Fox 4.JPG
    294.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing work RD. So, if I am understanding right what you are saying is that although there may in-fact be a cache it may actually be hidden in a shaft far below the surface. Unfortunately, I highly doubt I would be allowed access. That yellow circle did check out for high grade on my end as-well. The one from the second pic of the first post had checked out as stolen stage coach loot for me but who knows and you didn't see anything other than native there. Last night I decided to ask for stage coach loot instead of just gold caches and it took me S/E of that spot. Map dowsing with the L-rod's is a lot of fun and sure saves a heck of a lot of time.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if you asked about stage coach loot rather than just gold cache, then probably you'll want to check that one out yourself sometime. My experience has been, the more you focus on plain types of site signals (less on gold) seems to work better in the gold fields of the West.

OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Check this out RD I changed my question's up a bit and got this target for a cache of stage coach loot containing gold bullion. Would love if you could check it over for me please : D

VMSCL2.1.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread