Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Canadian born actor/model in his early 40s on TreasureNet. His New Age beliefs give an advantage over some map dowsers because of meditation skills. Right now the guy is moving to dump acting in favor of treasure hunting in the Philippines. I don't know if that would prove to be productive or not (Japanese sites), but he said the Forrest Fenn treasure is within a 17 mile radius of this town in NM.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The OP found the rings with his METAL DETECTOR. Anybody hunting those spots with a detector would have found them. Nuff said.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the pics coming, I personally would rather look at photos of any rings found using dowsing and a metal detector-----than 100,000 photos of finds made by a metal detector without dowsing. :coffee2:

OP
OP
goldkey

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The OP found the rings with his METAL DETECTOR. Anybody hunting those spots with a detector would have found them. Nuff said.

You may not have comprehended what you read there on finding those rings.
The first thing I did was dowse the google map of the area. I marked 2 locations on the aerial photo with the red circles indicating that I expect to find gold rings there.
I then went to the beach, and hunted those 2 areas marked in red (with a metal detector) and found the 2 rings in the area marked, and one ring just outside the marked area.
I also hunted the entire area of that beach that day and didn't find any other jewelry anywhere. Just a coincidence to find those rings in the area I had marked before I went to that beach?
I don't think so. Imagine going out to a large area like that and just blindly saying there is going to be some gold rings in a particular area. Chances are you would never hit the mark.
The Bible holds some principles that are very true (God is never wrong). If you do not believe in what you are doing............how do you expect to get any positive results from it?

OP
OP
goldkey

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you can dowse google maps, can you dowse the Forrest Fenn treasure?

It's worth over one million dollars, lot's of gold in the box.

We can go get the treasure, I'll help carry it.

I would like an opportunity to get out to that area.
I'm working now toward that goal and hope to spend the winter there. Not necessarily to hunt for Fenn's Treasure.
I would rather spend my time hunting for nuggets with my detector, and using the dowsing rod to help me locate good areas to hunt.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking back to when buying my first metal detector (Garrett GTA 1000). I learning map dowsing for 3 years before the metal detector. Then used my new detector depending on only it's beeps and target ID for several seasons. No gold using a metal detector 1st few seasons without dowsing, including the local beaches which are tiny, far and few between. I got so bummed out at my detector's lack of gold finding, so went to my car (at a beach one day). I drew a map by hand on paper of the sand area, dowsing it for gold. Went back and dug a huge heavy 14K solid gold tie tack, weighed 1/2 ounce on the postal scales, had a small diamond. Packed up immediately, to go home while still ahead.

Since then I've never gone back to blindly swinging a detector again. Now I can hunt non-metallic targets which for me are much more fun to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread