Lost one of my hearing aids

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
When I start working in a field I always take my hearing aids out and put them in my shirt pockets, after mowing a 8 acre hay field with mules and a mowing machine I went in the house to take a bath and I realized that my right shirt pocket had come on sewed at the corner of pocket and my hearing aid was missing. I finished my bath and grabbed one of my dowsing rods and went back outside to dowse for it. I received a lock and after following out my signal line until my rod crossed my chest I found my hearing aid under a pile of mowed hay. Good thing I dowsed for it last evening and found it because we had another hard rain last nite.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am living with my parents, father just turned 84 and my mother will be 83 later this year. Dad wore my coat outside to shovel snow one winter (several years ago) and the pocket side was pulled loose. His truck keys were lost somewhere on the property, he thought it was while digging out the driveway. The snow that year had been much deeper than normal, high snow drifts.

So, I was expected to get the metal detector and search for the truck keys. First I got out a pendulum from my room to ask if the keys were in the house or outside. Answer was outside-no, inside-yes. Knowing the keys were not going to be found metal detecting along the driveway, checked by detecting several times. No keys found along the snow piles.

By dowsing yes/no answers narrowed it down to a 1/4 section of the garage. This included the doorway into the house which is next to a closet we keep coats hanging in, halfway into the garage the back part of it (offset from the wall). Checked inside the car, under it, around the steps/platform to the door, no keys. We had already checked all the coat pockets in that closet, but pendulum said the truck keys are in the part offset into the garage. I pulled back all the coats hanging there, found one jacket was pushed back farther than the rest, yanked it out, checked the pocket next to the wall and found the keys.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread