It Works

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I work for a water and sewer utility and some of the old timers used L-shaped welding rods to locate water mains. They showed me how to do it and I made a set of rods. One night we had a broken water main and to prevent digging up a major portion of the street, we normally would locate the main with an electronic locator. That night, nobody had theirs so while they were waiting for one I said "Have no fear, I'll find it with my trusty little rods" After one pass I felt I had located the line but to be sure, I went over it about 5 times; then showed them where to dig. Well, they dug and we found.......a sewer line. When the el electronic gizmo showed up, we found the water line about eight feet further away. While it was embarrasing, my confidence in the dowsing process was strengthened; I had found an active sewer line 4 feet deep with water running in it!

sourdough

Jun 12, 2007
I have use my home made dowsing rods to help me find gold believe it or not but it works. I made them out of ordinary metal clothes hangers
if anyone wants to make their own just take two Metal clothes hangers and cut them as close to the bends as you can then measure up four inches and bend at right angles thats all there is to it.
Just remember when dowsing for gold or anything else consentrate on what ever you are trying to find keep in in your minds eye it will work ;D

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Well Wes I agree it works. I hung out here for a while last Fall, the sceptics got a little......well you get it. Art is the best for answering your questions. My husband being in construction had talked about people dowsing for "lines" (hubby says he can't do it) , I have an older gentleman for a friend and he found water on my brother in-laws property, when he was told he would never have enough water to build. He now has a beautiful house and plenty of water.

I have always been fascinated by dowsing, so after asking a few questions, learning how to make the rods, I gave it a whirl.It worked for me, I found all the lines in the yard, I even insisted I found the electrical line my husband had me search for. He said I was off, I couldn't believe it, I knew something was there, yup a hose connected to a faucet. So I understand the :-[.

One of the skeptics told me if I could dowse, to have some one put a silver coin under a plate in the yard and have 4 others without a coin. Well there was snow on the ground and it was cold but I gave it a whirl. (I never told these folks the results I wanted to wait until better weather and I could try it again, I'll have to) I picked the silver coin out the first 3 times, the 2nd two I had to try twice to find the right plate. Was it the snow, was it me, I'm not sure I'll have to try it again now that the weather has warmed.

Thanks for the kick to get me motivated again!

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Now CG, I would never kick you :-*

Let's just say I reignited the "dowsing fire" in you.

Thanks for sharing your story. I've never tried to look for anything but water; may have to try the silver thing sometime :)

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey COUNTRY GIRL...Thanks for the comments. Either you can dowse or not. What I like most about Dowsing? ..It is almost a free method to locate what you want to find....Art

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Art you have been an inspiration to me as well as others, I thank you.

I was thinking about another experiment. What if we tried all 5 plates with diffrent metals or materials, could we pick out the material we wanted to? Just a thought?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey COUNTRY GIRL..I have tryed that using baited rods and have found them all most of the time....It is good practice. Keep it simple and learn as you go...Art

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
What do you mean by "baited rods"? As I said in my original post, I've only used it to locate water. Obviously after reading you and Contry Girl's comments, it can be used for other things.

You 2 now have my attention!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Correct me if I'm wrong Art. By baited rods he means......if you are looking for gold attach gold to the rod, silver attach silver to the rod ect...... When I was looking for the silver half dollars I did not bait the rods. I would like to try it again both ways.

Give it a whirl Wes and let us know!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey COUNTRY GIRL....There are many ways to "bait" the rods...On my gold rods I have some large flakes attached using liquid black tape. You can also use masking tape...You can hold gold in your hand with the rods. I drilled holes through the sides of 35mm film canisters and slide them on my rods. I put charcoal in them when I was locating a 100 year old fire pit...I have played around with all kinds of different materials. You can even find Tic-Tacs with your rods..Art

K

Kentucky Kache

I'm just now getting around to reading these posts, and they are very interesting. I guess holding a gold or silver coin in your hand would work, right?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread