Ideas on how to enhance my skills

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idea's on how to enhance my skills

well I'm detectorless these days but my buddy has a nice minelab excalbur so anyways we got permission to this field we've been aching to do for a while now so I told him go hunt around first see what you find on your own and i'll go dowse and mark off spots well the crazy thing was 3 out of 5 of where I X'ed some spots there were targets within a foot of the area and I had used old coins to bait with from silver walking liberty coins t o2 cent piece to a flying eagle penny and also a indian head cent but as he detected over the targets only one was wasn't iron was a metal loop thing I think came off a saddle the other targets were a iron spike a hand crank to hand drill or some kind old tool and iron piece of plate.........no coins or real good targets from there so just looking for any help to enhance my ability or try something different with rods?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People tend to forget that as you lower the rods down and let them hang loose, it can reset your dowsing search. Lift the rods up again without wondering what else might be out there, otherwise even with the baited rods you'll be picking up signals from other stuff.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's what exactly was going on my rods as I walked along would twitch and move like if there catching other signals I wasn't sure if it were caused by strong water veins or something else and another theory I had was too that originally my rods were copper coated and over time there showing that there iron underneath so I think if I can get my hands on pure copper rods do you think this would help or don't really matter? I don't know but see what you think my theory of the best rods would be copper with the tips coated on the end with silver on one rod and the other with gold?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think having one silver and the other gold, silver might attract your attention at times then gold maybe when thinking about it. Art probably doesn't have his bait in direct contact with the metal rod. It's back to what works for you.

Iron when bent tends to become slightly magnetic, the reason for bent nails in folklore, believed to have the ability to stop negative spirits.

When you are dowsing to find things, withing reach of a coin detector, I'd expect some relics because it's a part of treasure hunting. Map dowsing can be the same way, recent finds a treasure hunter made in a hard to detect, tall grassy area from a red circle on a dowsed GE map.

Attachments

• WP_20150618_12_47_31_Pro)LG.jpg
    WP_20150618_12_47_31_Pro)LG.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
People tend to forget that as you lower the rods down and let them hang loose, it can reset your dowsing search. Lift the rods up again without wondering what else might be out there, otherwise even with the baited rods you'll be picking up signals from other stuff.

That will cut the energy flow,
as if you stay connected and need disconnect,
with the pendulum you need stop it before search
.. with rods its necessary to do it as Red suggest

Last edited:

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
that's what exactly was going on my rods as I walked along would twitch and move like if there catching other signals I wasn't sure if it were caused by strong water veins or something else and another theory I had was too that originally my rods were copper coated and over time there showing that there iron underneath so I think if I can get my hands on pure copper rods do you think this would help or don't really matter? I don't know but see what you think my theory of the best rods would be copper with the tips coated on the end with silver on one rod and the other with gold?

Try this:

Option A
Use only 1 rod, the rod from right hand, with witness over rod

Option B
Use the 2 rods, same witness over both rods

With which option you get better results ??
.. i only use pendulum :dontknow:

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Remember this rule:
"Clears both arms and hands of every object"