Glass dowsing. Is it possible? Would rods or a pendulum be better?

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have never tried that. I would assume that you could bait your rods with glass or hold glass in your hand and give it a try. Do some testing at home and learn what works...Art

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Penny, I can't use a pendulum but I do use a rod. I found some of the blue/green glass from the b/g fruit jars and cut some like I wanted it with a tile cutter which uses a diamond blade, ( works good cutting glass too ) then drilled a hole in it to slide on the rod. a very small piece will work. I only tried a couple of times but I think it will work on white glass as well.
The blue/green glass came from sand on Lake Michigan shores, ( I think that's the right place ) and that was the only place that would make that particular color, if I remember correctly. Type in Canning jars for more info.
How is the best way to find the privy? Thanks, elh:coffee2:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I don’t know about trash dumps except for the mining camps in California. Most of them were in gullies or over a cliff..Heck. at Iowa Hill the privy was build overhanging a cliff. If there was any gold below I guess it would still be there

OP
OP
pennyfarmer

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may give it a chance some time this week.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing for non-metallic targets takes practice, the same as for metal objects. Glass, stone artifacts, both seem to be on a much different type of wavelength pattern in locating abilities, than for things made of metal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread