Winter work

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
This is the time of the year to start thinking about next summer. If you like to work around Streams it is time to start. Go to the stream and take photos because you will want to learn what it looks like at low water and high water. Look for areas that has boulders or any obstructions. Mark the spot where you took the photos as you will want the same photo when it is at high water levels. Those inside bends may not be there. Remember that the gold will not be anywhere that has not become a low pressure area at high water....Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art, how are you doing on the streams out there this year?

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I can't dive anymore so I don't spend a lot time studying streams. Besides that we have been in a drought for about six years....

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't dive anymore, low streams might be a good opportunity. We don't have either right here in my area, so have to wait for better times when it would be possible to take trips again (or better yet move to a prospecting state).

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
If you don't dive anymore, low streams might be a good opportunity.

I have found that if you don't use a face mask with your head in the water you can not see good enough under water.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I went to Meadow Lake in California last week. My new 94 Jeep had some problems so I had to limp home. I want to go to Wheeler Peak this summer so I will have to work hard on in. The last time I was there I spent 2 weeks dredging. One cowboy came riding by. It is about 40 miles to the nearest house so I can not take a chance on breaking down...Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure dredging can cool you down a lot in the summer heat......I think it would be too cold for me in those streams.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
They make excellent wet suit heaters now for Dredgers. The Dredge heats the water and pumps it through out your suit. Turns that cold water into a good experience

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make excellent wet suit heaters now for Dredgers. The Dredge heats the water and pumps it through out your suit. Turns that cold water into a good experience
The guys in Alaska must appreciate that....I've got an older GPAA how-to-dredge DVD and they would dress warm underneath their wet suit.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aart, No gills on this lad.:laughing7: I better stick with the crevices and sand bars in N. GA.:occasion14:
Marvin

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The guys in Alaska must appreciate that....I've got an older GPAA how-to-dredge DVD and they would dress warm underneath their wet suit.
The water California is cold until about the middle of the season

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice bass were swimming around during the video in the Alaska dredge hole....small stream the fish will move in right away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread