Dowsing for Gold??

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
As the naysayers can clearly see there are a lot of people who enjoy Dowsing. They get confused because there is no right way or wrong way to Dowse. The human mind is the most powerful computer we have. There is always another way to skin a cat. What works for me may not work for you. The truth is that it is almost a free way to find treasure. I enjoy reading how it works for others and try a lot of their methods. After all ...Whatever works for you is what you use...Art

MrBalance

May 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the universe call these by the same names. See there is a lot to ponder. I can get gold detecting without the rods but would like to try this out proper. Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

From the moment of our birth we are brainwashed heavily
and we loose power over our own thoughts.

A foreign installation runs our own thoughts.

That is the reason why it is so incredibly hard
to deliver objective thoughts to the dowsing
instrument.

In my experience being able to regulate ones own thoughts in
order to precisely define what is it that
you want, for the dowsing instrument to react,
that is by far the most important moment of dowsing.

it is hard to achieve that by concentration alone,
maybe it would be feasible for a human that was
not imprinted by the society we live today.

In my experience a good way to achieve concentration for dowsing is to start a detoxification
therapy of the body. That will very fast lower the percentage of foreign thoughts in your own mind.
However, that is hard and with perils.

Motivation for all that far exceeds the value of a little coin you may find.

Motivation must come from somewhere else, beside $$$ value of the find.

If a person is too blocked to even star thinking about detoxification.
Then what you he do is:

-walk barefoot when dowsing or map dowsing
(it will ground you for the artificial electromagnetic smog to drain faster)

-sleep on inclined bed, put cca 6 inches of books below the beds legs that are on the head part.
That is how mammals actually prefer to sleep. If given a choice they do not sleep on a flat surface.
Only modern men does it that way.

That is the reason why newborn babies in ancient cultures are tied with a wrap, so they do not
roll down from the raised bed.

-put a thick blanket on all mirrors in your house, that is what the gypsies still do to this day.
it will prevent interferences from the world inside the mirror

I could go on and on but do not know is it in the policy of the forum to discuss so far off the topic.
But if I do, I will of course strengthen my posts telepathic protection protocols...

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let me reply to my own post here.
I'm still relatively new here to TreasureNet and still figuring out what it's all about and how to navigate it, etc...
(My main interests here center around gold prospecting & metal detecting coins..)
But it is also fun to try to help other folks ID "stuff" they find, and I am learning a lot about the hobby too!

Anyway, I have just now this morning noticed the text on the main page ("Forum" link click thing):

Dowsing:
"For thousands of years people have divined for water and hidden objects.
Use this forum to discuss L-rods, Spanish dip needles, map dowsing, and other dowsing related subjects.
Discussion is limited to simple, inexpensive devices and techniques. No electronic LRL discussions please"

Had I noticed this statement earlier, I would not have posted at all to this section.
While I'm still not a "believer" in dowsing, my main "beef" was with unsuspecting folks (in my mind) being taken for a ride by unscrupulous hawkers of worthless LRL equipment. That seems to be a shared sentiment here, depending upon how you choose to interpret the restriction. But I'll take it as a plus, overall.

Since I'm not "into" dowsing (skill, art form, or otherwise), I hadn't even realized there was a difference between LRL and dowsing!!
And probably still would not know, if it were not for Art's earlier reply.

You learn something new everyday.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Since I'm not "into" dowsing (skill, art form, or otherwise), I hadn't even realized there was a difference between LRL and dowsing!!
It may just me that is different. I will use any and all tools to find and recover gold.Art

MrBalance

May 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I'm still not a "believer" in dowsing, my main "beef" was with unsuspecting
folks (in my mind) being taken for a ride by unscrupulous hawkers of worthless LRL equipment.

Just look outside your window and you will see
frauds and rip-offs are the core building material
everywhere people live.

They are such frauds that unscrupulous dowsers
are totally unimportant, even if they do exist.

The focus on fraudulent dowsers is similar to many
countries witch-hunt on spear fishers, while
huge boats just carpet hunt cubic kilometres of oceans.

The possible fraudulent catch of
a spear fisher costs less than the fuel
the police power boat will spend going to check on him.:icon_scratch:

The same is with dowsers.

People "mystify" the dowsers.

All dowsers I met in person, and I met quite a few, are definitely not
leeching money of someone because they live very modest life’s,
focused on the invisible. You can not buy higher world energy with money.

If there is a fraud, than the dowser is fooling themselves first, only later the client.

I can assume that a fraudster has much much more fruitful
grounds than dowsing to work with.

I post this to encourage fellow dowsers to keep the great work, when I read their posts
on this forum I get educated not only in dowsing but, more important, in life philosophy.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Les, your post was deleted for violating our rules.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The way that I practice is by making a X on my patio. I put the tape in a North-south and East-west direction. I put the target in the center.

100_0130.jpg

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Fletch78

Aug 1, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Currently Minelab Gp Extreme, MINELAB GT, American Gold Striker , and Sovereign Elite ! PREVIOUSLY Explorer XS, Whites GMT, Fisher Gold Strike, , Whites XLT, Whites DFX, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes one can let their brain get in the way ! Lol what's water witching ?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
So (to clarify) it's these "electronic dowsing rods" that bother me more than anything!
These gizmo's can be really expensive: Some range from $2,000 to more than $6,000!!
I have never used an "electronic dowsing rods" or have I ever saw one advertised. I have heard about some people that have used electronic devices including conventional metal detectors to mental dowse with. I have always said that if you try to dowse with one of these devices you will fail. Just seems that it is false information

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes one can let their brain get in the way ! Lol what's water witching ?
Water witching is a religious term describing the art of dowsing by church leaders centuries ago, when their ignorance and superstitions, of all kinds, ruled the day about dowsing. It is extremely misleading as dowsing is not a form of witchcraft in any degree.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Water witching is a religious term describing the art of dowsing by church leaders centuries ago,
That is correct
w
hen their ignorance and superstitions, of all kinds, ruled the day about dowsing. It is extremely misleading as dowsing is not a form of witchcraft in any degree.
Many people have enjoyed a much better life because of Water Dowsers. Many water drillers still rely on dowsers. Some of these sites work
http://twm.co.nz/dowsing_jse_com.html
Water Diviner - Article 3
How does a water dowser work
Water Diviner - Article 3

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all I am new to the forum. I live in Victoria Australia and am into metal detecting on the goldfields. I have had some success with dowsing rods finding missing objects around the house. I have found a DVD that went missing a year ago, my passport (actually found my old expired passport while looking for my current one?) Eventually found my current one by a few days later by asking for my "black passport". A friend who didn't believe my claims hid his car keys in my room while I was out of the room and I found them within a few seconds after coming back. This leads me to ask has anyone managed to dowse gold nuggets and then recover them successfully?? I have tried but the targets may be deep or tiny because I don't recover any gold that way. Now based on the experience with my passport I'm thinking I need to ask differently... Gold nuggets, gold slugs, shallow gold...? Does the universe call these by the same names. See there is a lot to ponder. I can get gold detecting without the rods but would like to try this out proper. Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

I think you are on the right track when you say that you have to be more specific about what you are looking for when dowsing. When I dowse on the beach I specifically look for objects that are within range of my metal detectors' depth limit. When you are in your home looking for known objects you are more focused on what you are looking for and get better results. Use that same technique in the field and you should have better results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions