May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Anduril)
"I was talking about those "fancy" electronic units. ("Lectra-Search", "Electroscope", "Treasure-Scope", etc..)
Since I don't know if any TreasureNet sponsors sell or manufacture these, I'll refrain from posting URL's, but will glady send via private mail if someone is truly interested."

I used an Electroscope back in the late 80's. The device worked for me. It may be that the electronics are useless on it, but the dowsing effect it has does the job. I had 2 people that were long time MD'ers back then that told me that the Electroscope wouldn't work. I told both of them to hide some coins and I would locate them for them. They buried them on a farm, and it took me about 15-20 minutes to locate the two sites. Now I just use brass rods and get the same results. For people that doubt the dowsing ability, you have to understand that you get out of it what you put into it mentally. If you say these won't work, they won't. If you seriously practiced telling your heart to stop beating, it wouldn't take too long before it obeyed you. Some people are more "in tune" with their environment, while others go through life too busy to see the obvious, and miss some things that may have enhanced it.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anduril, Unfortunitely I have to agree with you on the Electroscope type of device, they colletively fall into just a glorified, dressed up dowsing rod.nd follow the same rules. Dowsing is actually simple- keep it that way. It works.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A analogy, substitute your visual ability from your dowsing, / You can find a certain ring in a showcase full of rings of similar fineness, shape,, and design among the others readily. So it is with the dowsing senses, you must have a clear idea of what you are searching for - this is where most fall flat.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome. :hello:

I don't mean this to sound inconsiderate, but....

If dowsing really works, I would like to use it to find the justification for my bachelor's in electrical engineering!! :icon_sc

Because if it works, then I went to college for nothing!
Why would it diminish your degree or field?

Seriously, there is no way dowsing 'works'.
I do try to keep an open mind, but everything I've seen, read and heard leads me to conclude "finding" stuff via dowsing is no more successful than random chance. (And often, quite a bit worse.)

That said, would you mind dowsing the next PowerBall lottery numbers for me?

I was a sceptic also and I have no idea how it works,but it does.
Now it time to watch Hunting Fatsquatch.
Diabetic Satsqautch edition.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rik601, Shadowline end the insults now.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Straight up go cut up a wire coat hanger and try your luck. Dowsing has been proven to be successful scientifically. Approximately 80% of people have some natural ability to Dowse.

Please post a link to that scientific study, I would like to see it. I am open to possibilities, I've just never heard of this statistic.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ask the Army if dowsing works. It does.

Then why do they use metal detectors? I've never seen a soldier using dowsing rods. I would think this would be a good way to locate roadside bombs if it worked, but I've never heard of it being used.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Please post a link to that scientific study, I would like to see it. I am open to possibilities, I've just never heard of this statistic.
All you have to do is look for it. It is on this board
Then why do they use metal detectors? I've never seen a soldier using dowsing rods. I would think this would be a good way to locate roadside bombs if it worked, but I've never heard of it being used.
The best way for you would be just to give Dowsing a try. Heck, it is free so see if the rods will work for you. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/10838-want-try-dowsing.html

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder, this is the dousing forum, it is not a place to attack dousing...

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all --

Please forgive me for resurrecting this thread. Like the OP, I would like to learn more about dowsing for gold, but more specifically, how to develop the appropriate skill. I have a few books, but unfortunately the books are written with examples and exercises to practice upon, without any mention of the state-of-mind or other esoteric thoughts to identify and develop. One can grind away on exercises, but without understanding key elements, the time is mostly wasted.

The reason for my interest is because of some experiences of my own many years ago. Together with a buddy of mine, we would go out together metal detecting for coins. Something unusual happened quite frequently to both of us. As we would arrive at the site to detect, we would each go through a mental question, something like, "Where is a likely spot to begin swinging the coil?" We would walk to whatever spot our thoughts seemed drawn towards, switch on the machine, put the coil to the ground, and quite often, right there would be an old coin. Not all the time, but often enough for us to note and discuss.

I've read through many of the threads here, but I've been unable to find what I'm looking for. If someone can link to a good post, I'd be very grateful.

I am planning a trip soon to a gold location with my Gold Bug Pro, and upon reflection, would like to augment my thoughts toward these earlier experiences to the best of my ability, in order to be attuned to whatever is the most productive way of thinking. While these earlier experiences suggested something interesting, they couldn't be replicated satisfactorily. As I said, I have books, but what I'm most interested in are the fundamentals of dowsing, which don't require rods, sticks, etc., but can be done simply with one's thoughts...or at the most, one's hands. I would very much appreciate good web links, or book(s) that are more on theory than practice.

Thanks!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Like the OP, I would like to learn more about dowsing for gold, but more specifically, how to develop the appropriate skill.
I would very much appreciate good web links, or book(s) that are more on theory than practice.
In my opinion practice is the only way to learn. It is important that you learn what the rods are telling you..Art

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Art. I've tried that, and hold the rods, but don't know what I don't know...or what to "listen" for. The books I have almost seem to be written from the point-of-view that the reader already has a basic understanding, and jump right into the exercises.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread