Dowsing for Gold??

Sep 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all I am new to the forum. I live in Victoria Australia and am into metal detecting on the goldfields. I have had some success with dowsing rods finding missing objects around the house. I have found a DVD that went missing a year ago, my passport (actually found my old expired passport while looking for my current one?) Eventually found my current one by a few days later by asking for my "black passport". A friend who didn't believe my claims hid his car keys in my room while I was out of the room and I found them within a few seconds after coming back. This leads me to ask has anyone managed to dowse gold nuggets and then recover them successfully?? I have tried but the targets may be deep or tiny because I don't recover any gold that way. Now based on the experience with my passport I'm thinking I need to ask differently... Gold nuggets, gold slugs, shallow gold...? Does the universe call these by the same names. See there is a lot to ponder. I can get gold detecting without the rods but would like to try this out proper. Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

Rik601

Oct 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't be serious dowsing is just an old wives tale !!!!

OP
OP
G
Sep 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Straight up go cut up a wire coat hanger and try your luck. Dowsing has been proven to be successful scientifically. Approximately 80% of people have some natural ability to Dowse.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Gold nuggets, gold slugs, shallow gold
Yes there are some difference in what people call each type of gold even between people working the same areas. Should make no difference when Dowsing.....Art

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome. :hello:

I don't mean this to sound inconsiderate, but....

If dowsing really works, I would like to use it to find the justification for my bachelor's in electrical engineering!! :icon_scratch:
Because if it works, then I went to college for nothing!

Seriously, there is no way dowsing 'works'.
I do try to keep an open mind, but everything I've seen, read and heard leads me to conclude "finding" stuff via dowsing is no more successful than random chance. (And often, quite a bit worse.)

That said, would you mind dowsing the next PowerBall lottery numbers for me?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
If dowsing really works, I would like to use it to find the justification for my bachelor's in electrical engineering!!
It works using the electrical circuit of your body.
That said, would you mind dowsing the next PowerBall lottery numbers for me?
That has been tried. Will not work for greedy thoughts

Last edited:

pen

Apr 7, 2015
Ardmore, AL
Detector(s) used
Deus, AT Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All dowsing rods have a built in greedy filter.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Seriously, there is no way dowsing 'works'.
I do try to keep an open mind, but everything I've seen, read and heard leads me to conclude "finding" stuff via dowsing is no more successful than random chance. (And often, quite a bit worse.)
More rumors

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the dousing forum not attack the dousing fourm...

repete

Dec 30, 2012
WA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Fisher gold bug, Fisher CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you hold one rod over the target and ask it to dip for each inch of depth, then count the dips and maybe you will have better luck finding your target.

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Sounds like somebody went to college for nothing, hee,hee...old wives tales?...hee,hee...you guys are too much...since the dawn of mankind, people have been dowsing quite successfully ! I don't try to keep a open mind, I DO KEEP A OPEN MIND, and I usually find more than I talk about. History, Real History will give you great insights. As long as a person lives, you are always learning. I learn new things every day, sometimes I learn it over again cause I've forgotten (old guys). But, if you are a naysayer, then it really doesn't matter, you'll never learn and it would not do any good trying to convince you, just a waste of time and effort. But then again in retrospect, it's kind of nice we got so many people out there that have Closed Minds, leaves a lot more to be found by us old farts.....hee,hee Darrell

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Happy,:sign10: very good. I am also in the O/F bunch. seems the older bunch have more happy trails behind them than the negatories do. keep on :icon_thumleft::thumbsup:
A dowser in Arkansas dowsed a knife for me, a silver plated knife, and he has never been in my state. Also, the knife was within a 12 inch circle. THAT is good.

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I guess the whole thing is too "black art" magic for me to wrap my head around.
Like magic crystals and religions based on reading chicken bones thrown like Yahtzee dice.

I obviously have developed some strong fact-based conclusions that dowsing does not, and can not work.
However, allow me to bail out of this thread gracefully so as not to unduly annoy anyone. :hello:

In parting though, let me just say that I'm even less convinced (as if that were possible) when it comes to these so-called electronic dowsing rods.
Having reviewed those internal circuits (on a couple models), the only thing those rods excel at finding are the wallets of unsuspecting victims.
And I guess THAT, more than anything else, is what bugs me about dowsing (i.e., some people, who can ill-afford it, being taken for a ride.)
Then again, I'm a pretty strong believer in caveat emptor! - There's just a lot of misinformation out there.

Maybe there are some dowsing "purists" here who might agree with those sentiments, even if they don't share my lack of enthusiasm for the art. (?)

Again, apologies to the ardent dowsing believers here.
It's clearly not something for me.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Well, I guess the whole thing is too "black art" magic for me to wrap my head around.
Like magic crystals and religions based on reading chicken bones thrown like Yahtzee dice.
Black art - MagicPedia
Black Art is a principle where anything painted black cannot be seen when placed against a black background.
Max Auzinger is credited with the discovery of Black Art around 1885, when he discovered the principle by accident while watching a black-faced actor playing a scene set in a dark dungeon. Only the man's white teeth and eyes were visible when watching from the stage.
I obviously have developed some strong fact-based conclusions that dowsing does not, and can not work.
However, allow me to bail out of this thread gracefully so as not to unduly annoy anyone.
The Skeptic bible has no fact-based conclusions

In parting though, let me just say that I'm even less convinced (as if that were possible) when it comes to these so-called electronic dowsing rods.
Having reviewed those internal circuits (on a couple models), the only thing those rods excel at finding are the wallets of unsuspecting victims.
Where do we hide the internal circuits?
Job 002.jpg

And I guess THAT, more than anything else, is what bugs me about dowsing (i.e., some people, who can ill-afford it, being taken for a ride.)
I have enjoyed the ride I have had using Dowsing.

Last edited:

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry 'bout that Art - I did not mean to imply that there were electrical circuits inside the rods.

I was taking about those "fancy" electronic units. ("Lectra-Search", "Electroscope", "Treasure-Scope", etc..)
Since I don't know if any TreasureNet sponsors sell or manufacture these, I'll refrain from posting URL's, but will glady send via private mail if someone is truly interested.

One electronic dowsing device I found claims to be able to detect a human heartbeat from 600 meters away, while excluding everything else.
Curiously, it doesn't pick up the operator's heartbeat (but let's table that for now.)
The mechanism by which the device detects human heartbeats has something to do with the small strands of human hair glued inside the handle.
I swear I am not making this stuff up!!

Another unit I reviewed had a calculator literally hot-glued to the top of it.
If you wanted to find, let's say, GOLD, all you had to do was punch in a special number (from a table) and press the SINE key.
You probably remember the SINE function from high school trigonometry: Sin(30) = 0.5, etc...
There is no connection whatsoever between the calculator glued on top, and the actual dowsing action (assuming for the moment, that dowsing itself is "legit". -- and hopefully we're in agreement to just disagree on that?)

So (to clarify) it's these "electronic dowsing rods" that bother me more than anything!
These gizmo's can be really expensive: Some range from $2,000 to more than $6,000!!

I just can't help but think a fool and his money are soon parted.
Maybe I'm just too skeptical? I certainly don't have any plans to rush out and buy one!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Another unit I reviewed had a calculator literally hot-glued to the top of it.
If you wanted to find, let's say, GOLD, all you had to do was punch in a special number (from a table) and press the SINE key.
I am assuming that I have used that device. The special number that is put in is a Mathematical Equation and the SINE key is no longer used.
There is no connection whatsoever between the calculator glued on top, and the actual dowsing action (assuming for the moment, that dowsing itself is "legit". -- and hopefully we're in agreement to just disagree on that?)
The Calculator was not glued on top but held on by 2 sided tape and was not a dowsing device.

So (to clarify) it's these "electronic dowsing rods" that bother me more than anything!
These gizmo's can be really expensive: Some range from $2,000 to more than $6,000!!
I know how to Dowse and I say they are not Dowsing rods. The problem with a lot of people they have never used a lot of the treasure hunting devices. The information that they have is all fake and comes from misinformed people
...Art

Last edited:
OP
OP
G
Sep 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talking scientific jargon doesn't do much on this topic. The moment scientists tricked the masses into believing they have no soul and evolved from pond scum was a sad day for humanity. Only after you realise like a real studier of the earth that a scientist should be you quickly see the universe was created. Lots of scientific evidence of the soul coming forth now, its all old knowledge though. Wake up these same scientists can't cure cancer yet they take billions in cash per year. Royal Raymond rife cured all human diseases in 1933 using radio frequencies. They won't tell you in the media. Dowsing will always be ridiculed because it encourages an open mind and believing in a higher power. Lots to do with dowsers being compared to devil worshippers in the Bible. Again dictator king James version rewritten according to what rules they wanted society to believe and live by. Do some research and you will see I only speak the truth here, no point bringing up irrelevant info to justify ego and pre ordained judgement.

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Fashion some L Rods (coat hangers or welding rods), put a glass tube underneath with Water in one, Gold in the other, tape the tube to L Rod (BAIT CHAMBER) and away you go. Experiment with the L Rods and Y Rods or Willow, Apple or other Tree Branches. Look up the Simmons Institute of Dowsing (Russ Simmons), Products, Books, Literature, Instruction. The Longer the L Rod, the Greater the Attraction. Stay away from any manufacturer that produces Wonder Rods...Make them yourself, run your own tests. Practice, Practice, Practice. Darrell 100_8198.JPG 100_8374.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread