TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Strong rumor has it that a platinum ring (may be gold) was lost near this point a couple of years ago. This is a lakeshore. dead reeds on the edge.
May also be in shallow water? Can anyone use their dowsing skills and identify where this ring may be. Note:Lots of lead weights and old lures in the area.
ring.jpg.png
Thx, TommyB

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There might be at least 2 lost rings or other jewelry in there.

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
T

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks guys. I have tried detecting this area before, but just found lead weights and rusty fishing lures. By narrowing the search area, this should cut down my frustration in searching. This area is dead reeds and VERY hard to dig when a signal hits. I will be up in the area in about a week and a half to fish and will take my land and my water detectors with me to hunt your identified spots. I promise to post any findings.
Thx, TommyB

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried dowsing only for diamond rather than rings or general jewelry hits. This might be a better one to check out and is almost next to Art's hit.

Attachments

• ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 74

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello tommy b,Dowsing revealed an attraction to platinum in the areas of the white circles and gold jewellry (ring/braclet)in the areas of the green circles. Individually scattred Gold jewellry (mainly earrings)and loose coins between the green lines.Thx for posting your picture,Jon

Attachments

• tommyB_Pt_ring_dowsed.jpg
    tommyB_Pt_ring_dowsed.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
T

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I tried the spots (on land) you guys identified this last weekend with my Whites DFX with small DD coil. Had it on 'coin and jewelry' mode.
Nothing but old fishing lures this time out. I'm not real familiar with the settings on the DFX. Maybe should have had it on a different setting.
I mostly beach hunt with my PI machine. BUT the fishing was great. Landed a 5 lb trout ( pretty big for California).
Thx. Any suggestions for a different setting on the DFX?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice 5 lb. trout.....sounds good. Maybe the water hits were only fishing lures? I once map dowsed a lake topo on a fishing trip, caught a few wall mounting size smallmouth bass.....one in the photo is next to a 14" largemouth bass (bottom edge of pic, near center), that looks small enough to be eaten by the other.

Making a fishing sinker pendulum

Attachments

• fishcatch2e.jpg
    fishcatch2e.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the spots (on land) you guys identified this last weekend with my Whites DFX with small DD coil. Had it on 'coin and jewelry' mode.
Nothing but old fishing lures this time out. I'm not real familiar with the settings on the DFX. Maybe should have had it on a different setting.
I mostly beach hunt with my PI machine. BUT the fishing was great. Landed a 5 lb trout ( pretty big for California).
Thx. Any suggestions for a different setting on the DFX?

I would put the stock coil back on and try the beach/jewelry program, get the sensitivity up a bit and dig all the signals if you are in the sand. I'm assuming this program puts the machine in the 15khz mode. That's a better frequency choice w/the dfx for gold and jewelry especially if the rings are resting on edge.
Jon

OP
OP
T

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thx. I'll try that on the next trip to the spot. May take my snorkel gear and my Surf PI machine next summer and hit the areas identified in the water.
They were too deep to use waders.

OP
OP
T

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Is that inside the circle or where the dot is?
Thx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread