Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOPs RED, I forgot to mention you hit Amythest and possible Emerald deposits. sorry.

This from a Jesuit priest on his inventory report.
Forgot to mention....yes, Jesuits often dealt in jewels and some were used to craft, decorate religious gold artifacts and things destined for royalty. My personal opinion is these type of treasures are more likely to show up in a gem search than the all to typical gold dowse. Anyway, this is dowsing targets on land, but it can work the same way for shipwreck gems in water.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red, it so happens that I have cromwells' ship in a lagoon. He was a pirate that operted from La Paz to
guaymas on the mainland. He met his end by a Hurricane.
wan te story ?

Is this your pirate?

Captain Cromwell - Pirates of the Caribbean Online Wiki - Wikia

Captain Cromwell was a decent man and able sailor. He’d spent most of his life transporting cargo back and forth from Europe to the wild waters of the Caribbean. As Cromwell worked his way through life, he watched as others adopted a life of piracy and seemingly overnight acquire fortune and fame. Cromwell struggled with thoughts of piracy to cover his mounting debts but, never considered it until one fateful night.
Cromwell was on his way to the Caribbean with another cargo – a single crate – he’d been sworn to deliver in secret. One night at sea the good captain grew curious so he made his way down to the ship’s hold and forced the crate open. What he found inside would change his life, forever. For inside the crate was a jeweled box filled with a king’s ransom in gold! At that very moment, Cromwell swore himself to piracy and set a course for Padres del Fuego to plot his next crime.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red, nope ! Ths Cromwell operated out of La Paz, Baja California.

They still call the trade winds Coromwells after his habit of stoming out of La paz bay after some unfortunate pearler or merchant man.

Want the story and my contribution to it ?

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red, nope ! Ths Cromwell operated out of La Paz, Baja California.

They still call the trade winds Coromwells after his habit of stoming out of La paz bay after some unfortunate pearler or merchant man.

Want the story and my contribution to it ?
Yes, continue. I found a link about the winds, the article
also mentions a few of the pirates who operated through the area.

The Coromuel Wind of La Paz

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
While checking RED Desert's map, I hope he don't mind, I found an iron door. I placed a black square at the location of the door. Tayopa?.I don't know. Good Luck. rockhound

Attachments

• For%20Justin-E-Real%20de%20Tayopa.jpg
    For%20Justin-E-Real%20de%20Tayopa.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 83
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Deasrt, that was an interesting report, thanks.

In the 50's I visited Naopatiia, A fishing cumunity on the lower part of Sonora. As I soon made friends with the Indians. I mentioned that I had seen a no. of poles erected on the southern entry of the bay,in Sinaloa. I asked him what were they for ? He promtly told me they were to mark where some of his people had been killed by the salt water crocodiles or sharks. He mentioned that since they had no canoes they would swim from one sandy Island to the other to hunt Deer.

After an attack they would gather the remains and bury them on the point of land and mark them with a solitary pole, but that those ones over there were from the Englis who had drowned during the one of a century hurricanes.

He mentioned that the ship had ben caught in the hurricane and was attempting to seek safety in the bay, but the hurricane was too powerful, the seaward islands were completly covered with gigantic waves.

The ship managed to enter the bay but the powerful winds and wavess were forcing it to the SE.

They had managed to throw out anchors but continued drifting in the SE direction where they passed over Bird Island and tore the bottom of their ship out.

It continued on it's path gradually breaking up until it finally sank,, Later we gathered up the dead and bured them.

For many years afterward you could see stuff scattered on the bottom of the bay then over the years the lower bay has gradually been filling with sand.

At the same time Cromwell disappeared and has never heea from again.

I am attempting to locate a suitable map

I also have stories from the Yaquis, whom I lived with for a no of years .

Last edited:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
The black square is small, but it is located at the 7 o'clock position below the misc mines. Located on one of the verticle lines. Good luck. rockhound

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"drifting in the SE direction where they passed over Bird Island and tore the bottom of their ship out."

Glad the article was of interest. The Bird Island sounded strangely familiar to me. I needed to locate some dowsed maps to find out, not GE maps but the type a shipwreck diver would use. Sure enough, I have a Bird Rock and a small Bird Island with a shipwreck. It might be there is another Bird Island up the coast, if not you aren't the only person who knows about the site. The Island does seem to resemble a bird in shape. One section showed some graves on shore, can't tell by looking whether it is from the same site. The maps belong to an old time treasure hunter, so can't share what is marked on these maps.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the same Bird Island, this one is up the coast of California, also off a point with a shipwreck.....please tell more of your story.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Reddesert, I am still looking for a suitable map. This is identified as the AGIABAMPO Bay, Sonora. look it up on any search machine..

Incidentlly because banditry had picked up so much - due to sending 1000 mule trains of silver and gold bars to Meico city, they turned to the sea and AgIAobampo was a mejor send off point. This led to a vast increase in piracy, far greaster than the Carribean
ey loaded the ships from canoes,and at times a bar or two slipped from their hands and fell into the water. Most were recovered by native divers, but some remain lost to this day.

Then there is the story of an overloaded ship leaving the area and while still in sight, being hit by a squall and capsizing with no survivors Imagine a ship full of Gold and Siiver bars in relatively shallow waters waiting for a good dowser.

Then there is the Manilla galleon that was worm eaten, with most of her crew either daed or dying of
scurvy that were incaable of saving her. She now lies under some meters of mud in the Bayof -------.

Then there is the intact German WWII sub half buried in sand about 80 ft of water.

Then as we go further North====. However for now if I can locate a map we will have to settle for Cromwells ship remains.

I told you mot to get me started. :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a strong wind yesterday, Internet is now back on again. I think the problem was at the ISP because everything here seemed to be working ok. When can get time, I'll have to see how GE looks for the bay. Sounds like there could be a lot of good treasure to be found.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bahia de Agiabampo? Try it in Google maps, didn't work in GE.

Attachments

• Bahia de Agiabampo.jpg
    Bahia de Agiabampo.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Bahia de Agiabampo-close.jpg
    Bahia de Agiabampo-close.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning Red desert, peeps. As you will notice on the map he enteredl in the deep channel into the inner bay, from the North,then was forced S passing Bird island, the frst white mass to the south of the entry, then broke up giving a fan shaped area of interest

,Gold coins were reported o have been found in the sands of the finger of land to the East of Bird Iisland.

There are reports of a sunken ship in the deep channel of the entry. I.E.the southern side. It s scoured clean of sand by the tidal flow from the Bay complex.

Is ti one of the treasure ships ?

Regarding Treasure ships, you will noice that the capsized ship is in ralatvely shallow water.

Bahia de Agiabampo-close.jpg

Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dowsed Gold WEST of the Island also, underwater at 200 Ft. Is the water really that deep there WEST of the Isle?

EDIT, EDIT, EDIT-----------I said East and I meant WEST.:BangHead:
Marvin

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread