Leaf your troubles behind

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a referral call last week from a person taking advantage of the unseasonally warm weather in SE Michigan who was completing some late fall yard cleanup on one of his rental properties. He lost his 14k white gold ring in the yard leaf piles.
Wasn't sure where and today we had a opportunity to meet on site. Pre dowsing the area in question revealed the ring was indeed on site which was a 2 family apartment building dating back to the late 1930's. He remembered 3 spots where he was. My dowsing instrument indicated the back yard near the house. I asked him what he was doing in the back yard and he said he was up on a ladder fixing a security light and bumped into a hornets nest and as they flew out biting him he was waving his hands all over as he was coming down the ladder.
I thought...yep this is where it came off! Got out the MXT and started to detect and within 10 feet of where he was this spectacular men's white gold band came up as a nickel (+22) laying flat just under the grass layer where just a few days ago had leaves piled up. I recovered it and said oh it's just another nickel read and asked him to hold out his hand and I dropped it in. He stood in surprise as it wasn't a nickel but his ring and that it was found so quickly! His wife was about ready to take him shopping for a new ring if this search didn't turn up anything.
He said he probably walked on it and pressed it into the ground in a panic looking for it in the leaves.
It was his first time seeing dowsing in action and he was quite intrigued.
Great day of detecting and I got permission to hunt his other older properties next year or if the weather stays nice perhaps sooner. He is also interested in searching with me with my backup detector as this generated an interest to give metal detecting a try. :headbang:
Jon
KG12_14k_15WhiteGold.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread