Dowsing for gold veins

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When using a gold signaling object, and chasing a molecular connection signal, the furthur you chase the bigger or better the vein. As you find the vein, be it quartz, in granite, schist, basalt, or some other ore material, the signal will lead you to one specific spot in the vein, and the vein as you dowse it's length, may dissapear just as it did to many minors in the past. If you pull ore out of the vein at the spot you were signalled to, you signal spot will weaken. So keep in mind to GPS the spot or memorize the location, for you might not be able to locate it again because when you pull ore you drop your signal to a multiple signal sensitivity, and eventually you might find the right signal again, but you would chase to many non valuable signals to find it. The ore is usually heavaly mineralized. Also the ore at the point of the vein that you signalled while using gold, might not contain much gold, sometimes more silver or other element. The reason being is because the whole vein itself, down deep and whatever length has enough molecular gold to cause a piggyback connection and create a gold signal exiting the vein, riding other elements. So, if your not on somebody's claim, mark the spot take some ore, wash it and look for gold. If the vein is small, mayby 4 or 5 inches, and you don't see visible gold, don't bother paying to assay it. If the vein is big, and the ground is free to claim, assay the ore and see what you got. If your results are good, and the value of the ore and the size of the vein is some way able to make you $$ File a claim. The L-rods I use to chase veins are one quarter inch 3 ft. long zinc plated. The long low-sensitivity rods chase big signals only. Use smaller rods to your exact spot and depth. I have chased signals up to 8 miles so far. To dowse for veins, use your least sensitive rods. You want to chase big distant signals only. Not all veins will be showing on the surface, so it's better to look in areas where bedrock is more present, and quartz isn't the only ore carrying material out there. Search in gold mine areas, and sometimes you'll be led right to a vein that had been prospected in the past but had dissapeared below ground and lost to the prospector, but you will be able to dowse it. You will also see that many of those veins aren't worth your time, or effort to mine. But just knowing that you can find them is the fun of it, right!!! Dowser

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey dowser.....I don't chase many veins but I locate some...It seems that the rods will lock on a hot spot. This hot spot may or may not contain the most gold. I have dug a few grams and then found another signal a few feet away that was a 1/2 nugget. I found some silver coins that someone had placed in a single layer about 2 foot square. The hot spot was on one edge.

I have located the source of two gold "floats" by following them up the mountain from the stream. This is no fun and to much like work....These are things people should be aware of so they can try different methods and find which works best for them...Art

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Art... You are right about chasing gold veins, most are not easy to get too. Some are on steep hills, or mountains, in rough brush, and in snake heaven. When dowsing for them you don't know where you'll end up. It could also be someone's claim, and we don't know it, until we GPS it and check. It's not a bad idea to have someone with you when looking, just in case something unexpected happens. Also, I was wondering if you have a way to check density of an object thru a line? I haven't found one yet, and I still have trouble when I get to my signal end. I have chased gold signals that led me to what I asume are meteorites. They will also dowse on Nickel, Copper, Iron, Cobalt, and Magnesium. I can tell the size of them, some being oval, and some round. So far all have been to deep to dig to. But with the distance of the signal they put out, they are very big. Have you encountered any of these yet? Dowser

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey dowser....I use baited rods..This keeps other signals from bothering me..I can pick up one flake of gold from 46 paces away and a 1/4 oz nugget for just under a 1/4 mile. I assume from this that the size determines how far you can pick it up. When searching I walk North-South or East-West. I only follow signals that cross at 90 degrees. If it doesn't match with one of the cardinal directions I ignore it. When I find a signal line I drop one rod to my side. The other rod will tell me which way to go. This will only work with two rods and both rods have to remain in your hands. If you follow the signal the wrong direction it will just stop....Art

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Art, we both have different techniques I see. But when it comes to free Gold, it gets more difficult for me. I can locate placer easy enough, but I have a tough time on finding nuggets not associated with placer. If I'm in a gold area, old mines and ore all around, there is way to many signals to pick out a nugget one. To many rocks and quartz contain microscopic and submicroscopic gold. A worthless gold ore rock the size of a softball signals just as good as if it was a quarter ounce nugget, and there is a lot more worthless rocks than free gold out there. So how do you separate a solid gold signal from a junk gold signal? Dowser

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey dowser...That micro-gold is a real problem...I use a device that will not let the rods close on a lot of the small stuff. So far I think the device is getting rid of about 1/2 of the micro-gold signals. I dig and process the rest. ...Art

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
When I bait it leads to the material; when I don't it leads to Spanish trail markers where you wouldn't think to look. Sound more like a spiritual matter? Twisted

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I chased a Gold signal over a mile yesterday, and I was hoping it was a Lost Treasure, but it turned out to be a Vein instead. But it was my largest, with it being 16 in. wide, and tapers of at 60 ft. long. The only problem is that it's five ft. down, and the surface rocks were brought in by mother nature, covering it and hiding it's value. Dead End ?

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
dowser said:
I chased a Gold signal over a mile yesterday, and I was hoping it was a Lost Treasure, but it turned out to be a Vein instead. But it was my largest, with it being 16 in. wide, and tapers of at 60 ft. long. The only problem is that it's five ft. down, and the surface rocks were brought in by mother nature, covering it and hiding it's value. Dead End ?

If there is any sign of hydrothermal activity nearby ( caves or the like ) I would grab a digger. Old river bed likewise.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's in a granite area, but the closest bedrock exposed is a half mile away. Plenty of quartz laying around, but nothing with much gold. I don't see any other mines in the area.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I have found a few gold veins...I have dug a few of the shallow ones.... My personal rule is if it is more than 2 1/2 foot deep some one else can have it. ....Art

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same goes for Meteorites with me now. Two feet is about all I want to dig anymore. I've located 19 so far, two strewn fields, one with 6 and one with 5, the rest are single ones, all too deep to dig. It's just a matter of time until I find one on or near the surface. But I have to drive so far now. I just drove down Bloody Basin Rd, 28 miles, and didn't signal anything nice. I stop and check about every 2 miles. I check for Gold, Nickle, and this time I was signaling with Turquoise, because of a story I had heard.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I find a lot of places and thing I would like to dig. But my age is caughting up with me...Good Luck Dowser...Art

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Art. I thought I'd have something big by now, but I see it's going to take more time and research. Dowser

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dell Winders said:
Dell,
Skeptics don't have pictures of dowsing finds because dowsing does not work! What point are you trying to make by constantly asking for something you know doesn't exist?

I see your point. Every time I say Dowsing works well for me, or post about a dowsing find, you are accusing me of being a liar.

If you have no common interest in Dowsing, why are you attempting to participate in a Dowsing forum? Is your purpose just to antagonize Dowsers by inferring we are untruthful?

I hope you can learn to control your prejudice and find something more productive to do with your life.

"The door to knowledge & understanding is never open to a closed, or prejudiced mind" Dell
This is really nice, Dell. You took a quote of mine from another thread and responded to it here. Cowardly.....

However, unluckily for you I found it, so let's go.

I've never called you a liar, I just ask questions about your find that you never seem to be able to answer. If you found this item, you should be able to answer a few questions, right?

Besides, the only photos you've posted here are pictures of rocks that aren't accompanied by any explanation as to what you think they are. You've never once posted a photo of what would commonly be referred to as "treasure."

When you speak of prejudice, do you have any idea of what the word actually means? Try this, see if you can dowse up a dictionary and get back with me when you figure it out....

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice

In its original usage, the word prejudice referred to a prejudgmental racial statement of ill doing, or a radical evaluation or decision made before the facts of a case could be properly determined and weighed.[1] This usage was subsequently broadened to include any unreasonable attitude that is unusually resistant to rational influence.[2]

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice

In its original usage, the word prejudice referred to a prejudgmental racial statement of ill doing, or a radical evaluation or decision made before the facts of a case could be properly determined and weighed.[1] This usage was subsequently broadened to include any unreasonable attitude that is unusually resistant to rational influence.[2]
Prejudgmental - very important word. Even the root of "prejudiced." I've never prejudged anyone on this forum. I've listened to everything you had to say about various topics before I formed my opinions about you.

Oddly enough, this definition would also seem to indicate that dowsers are prejudiced against rational thought in regards to the scientific explanations of dowsing. No matter how much rational influence dowsers are exposed to, they maintain their unreasonable attitude about dowsing. ;D Good job, Art!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dell Winders said:
Oddly enough, this definition would also seem to indicate that dowsers are prejudiced against rational thought in regards to the scientific explanations of dowsing. No matter how much rational influence dowsers are exposed to, they maintain their unreasonable attitude about dowsing.

What are you talking aqbout? There are no valid scientific explanations to Dowsing , so how can you claim you have rational thought on the subject if you know nothing about it. Stop pretending. Dell
Exactly! And no matter how many times this is rationally explained to you, you ignore this and continue to insist it works for no reason at all! Quite prejudiced on your part, it seems.... ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread