Dowsing big bucks (not the dollar kind)

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I just read an article in a hunting magazine where a writer talked to a old timer dowser who said he could dowse animal locations. He said if he dowsed them correctly the deer would feel it and bolt, sometimes running right into the hunter. He said you had to have to the right rods, or specific ones, not sure which, and said that they could be cut branch types, but you would go thru quite a few finding one that would work? Thoughts? How about dowsing my next giant buck!? I used to hunt quite a bit, but only once in a while now.

edit: the article was in "RACK" magazine, winter 2015/2016

Last edited:
OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me clarify, the writer was young at the time and the dowser wanted to sell him his dowsing rods for $50. The writer stated that he thought he was being shammed and didn't buy them, although he did state he tried to do it out hunting once himself. But if dowsing works on many things, heck why not deer?

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me clarify, the writer was young at the time and the dowser wanted to sell him his dowsing rods for $50. The writer stated that he thought he was being shammed and didn't buy them, although he did state he tried to do it out hunting once himself. But if dowsing works on many things, heck why not deer?

As he said you have to do it right.........i have did this for over 15 years,and have killed many deer this way.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
One of the first maps I did on this site was a deer hunters map. He had put an arrow in a big buck in a heavy rain. We found it....Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't deer hunt, but have done a lot of fishing. I've map dowsed from a lake topo, trophy sized smallmouth bass, was many years ago (a couple of decades). The one small fish is a 14" largemouth bass, all the other fish were smallmouth. The 14" largemouth is top right of smallmouth in one pic, then halfway cutoff view bottom middle of the 2nd pic. Note the one smallmouth probably could have eaten the largemouth bass.

Attachments

• fishcatch2d.jpg
    fishcatch2d.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 63
  • fishcatch2e.jpg
    fishcatch2e.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 57

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread