First non natural Treasure find

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
My First Treasure Find that was not natural

A lot of years ago I was invited to an 85th birthday party for a fellow worker. I had worked with him back in the 60’s and 70’s. His son was telling me some of his family history. His great grand parents had come from Prussia and had died on the way to Sacramento. But their four children had survived. He told me how they had buried their live savings and given the map to the children because they didn’t trust the people in the wagon train.
He had been looking for the treasure for twenty years and was no closer to finding it than when he started. He showed me a copy of the map and there was only three reference points on it. One was a meadow with the wagon trail going through it. The second was a stream that ran out of the meadow and ran to a pond with an x by three drawn rocks. One was round, the center one was oval with one side at an angle and the third looked like the center rock but in reverse like maybe at one time they were one rock.
What caught my attention was a notation below the pond. It said that the stream went underground. I knew this had to be a translation and could mean a lot of different things I told him about a stream I had fished when I was a kid. It was in the general area and about two miles of it ran under large slabs of shale. I remember catching Black Trout in the openings between the slabs of shale.
We took a weekend last summer and found the stream. You remember when you were young distance didn’t mean as much as you never got tried. We were miles away from where we started. The stream is one of those no name blue lines on the maps. He spent part of this summer researching the wagon trails above.
Up on top where the wagons all came over the summit there is ruts wore in the granite that are still visible today. After they came over the summit there is a lot of routes that could be taken. He soon found that the Official Trail did not go to our stream. He then had two of his grandsons walk up the stream (a long steep rocky climb) until they got to the spring and take a GPS reading. They found no pond on the way up or down.
He called me in September and said he had permission to camp on the ranch so we sat up a base camp.
Two weeks ago we took his Quads up and programmed our GPS and went three and a half miles to the spring. We went down stream for about ½ mile and the stream went under the slate rocks. I looked back up stream and thought to my self that if I were a Beaver this would be a good place to build a dam.
I checked for gold signals and followed the signal and there was the three BOULDERS obscured by the brush. I also had a silver signal to the same spot.
It was buried between three and four feet deep so we decided to let the kids dig the hole some other time.
The Family went up last week and found the remains of an iron box, a few pieces of silver jewelry and $75. They are a happy bunch of people.
What is amazing to me is how fate can bring two pieces of information together. I wish my other project was this easy because I have close to a hundred hours in it and don’t know what the results will be.
I would like to here how others were hooked
Arthur

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Art, that is impressive! Dang, I'm going to have to hire you to do a map for me. I got a letter from Fred Stewart and he's selling all his products to former customers so I ordered his Explorer I rod and his Pendulum (plus several of his books). Even at a discount I still can't come up with the cash for his rod with the power pack,darn! I am more impressed with his years of research and trials in developing his line that late my friend in Washington with the drop coil rod. Have you tried any of Fred's rods or pendulum?

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Randy. ..I still use my first rods. I have tried many different rods and always go back to them. The only thing that I have been told about the Drop Coil Rod is that it was never finished..Art

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
I believe it is suppose to be the same kind of Drop Coil Rod with the power pack that Al Rossmiller with a money partner designed and sold. I have a completed one but it is not for sale. I did a lot of field testing with this Rod for Al when he was a live. There is a lot of difference between this completed rod then the first one Al designed and sold.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
That’s the only one that I know about. I had a meeting with him at his mine in Idaho. He did not impress me...Art

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For my 3 cents (inflation) worth is that I firmly believe that the actual tools used aren't in need of sophistication. Simple copper or brass "L" rods and a heavy object hanging from a string is all the tools needed (You could use bendable drinking straws and a rock tied to a vine). Remember, it is your brain/mind that does the work and the obtained information is transferred to some type movement in the tool so that we can better decipher. My opinion only and yours may differ.
Marvin

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions