Cherry

Cherry

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2016
Detector(s) used
Nokta velox one
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, guys :coffee2: I find it pretty hard to detect when somebody else hide objects for me. When I already know where are the objects - rods show them easily. The rods cross over one another and over the found object.

But when I dont know location, I am not able to locate objects. I was successful maybe 2-3 times out of over 100 dowsing attempts. It really annoys me, but I am not giving up, I decided to learn this and will continue to practice. :hello:

Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, guys :coffee2: I find it pretty hard to detect when somebody else hide objects for me. When I already know where are the objects - rods show them easily. The rods cross over one another and over the found object.

But when I dont know location, I am not able to locate objects. I was successful maybe 2-3 times out of over 100 dowsing attempts. It really annoys me, but I am not giving up, I decided to learn this and will continue to practice. :hello:

My take on this is:
1. When you already know where the target is your sub-conscience mind is directing the rods. Totally wrong method.:dontknow:
2 When you do not know where the target is, then it is the responsibility of your Universal Mind to direct the rods. Right way.:icon_thumright:
You must/should be totally relaxed and concentrate on your objectives. In time you will be more and more successful.:occasion14:
Good Luck.
Marvin
PS, I might add-------------Start out with trying to locate active water/sewer lines in yards and go from there.

Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cherry, here is food for thought.
Marvin
New Thought author Charles Haanel said of the Universal Mind and its relationship to humans:
" The Universal Mind, being infinite and omnipotent, has unlimited resources at its command, and when we remember that it is also omnipresent, we cannot escape the conclusion that we must be an expression or manifestation of that Mind. A recognition and understanding of the resources of the subconscious mind will indicate that the only difference between the subconscious and the Universal is one of degree. They differ only as a drop of water differs from the ocean. They are the same in kind and quality, the difference is one of degree only"

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You're welcome,
What your doing is not really wrong, it does serve the purpose of you practicing the mechanics of how the rods react and feel over a known target, however it is not the same as if you were on an actual field search when it comes to you dowsing for targets that you don't know what they are or where they are. Yes, the rods will react about the same when you do cross over the targets like when you are at home.
But there are differences in the dowsing process as to knowing where something is and not knowing where something is.
I can illustrate better what I'm talking about when I pick up my guitar and play an A Major scale over an A major chord, I know where the notes should be wether I play it forwards or backwards, very boring after a minute or two, but if I relax and let my thoughts, intuition and natural talent take the place of that exercise over the chord's rhythm, it's then that the notes start to become separated, arranged differently and more melodious than a constant, mechanical back and forth thru the scale.
So as with the dowsing rods, when you are searching for an unknown target, let your mind pose the thoughts, concepts and images of what you are looking for, not where, and let the rods do the tasks of making the locations for you. Follow the direction they indicate and learn all you can about what they are indicating to you, that's one of the fun things about dowsing.
It's ok to have a helper hide things for you, this will get your mind set for future field work, same concept, a person hid or dropped something but now you don't know where and that's the tasks of the dowsing tools once you formulate what you want to know during the dowsing process. Practice, Patience and Perseverance is paramount. Start out small and simple, let your helper hide a coin, then come into the room. Picture the coin in your mind and simply ask the rods "In what direction is the coin my friend concealed?" then let the rods give a response and follow the direction. Some other ways to search is to turn yourself left then right (called sweeping) while still holding the rods steady and the concept of the coin in your mind, then follow the direction the rods indicate. Also just letting the rods react without any influence from you and seeing what they do can be interesting. Try this outside as well when you can.
Eventually you will grow weary of finding things that you know where they are and the next progression will be to discover items that you don't know anything about or where they are, that's the real world and another fun aspect of dowsing.
By practicing what I'm talking about, this will assure you and your instruments will make beautiful music together.
Hope this helps,
Jon

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cherry, I would suggest taking your dowsing rods out into the field or a good area, walk around for a while with them. That could maybe allow you to become in tune to the rods and might really surprise you by responding. Not trying to find anything, only observing what happens, much the same as when walking around the coins.

OP
OP
Cherry

Cherry

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2016
Detector(s) used
Nokta velox one
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for being patience with me and for helping me clear my doubts. My biggest problem is that I easily become ''negative-thinker'' when things are not going my way. I get nervous, impatient & anxious if I fail, all at once. Need to work on that.

Last night, I was able to locate little more coins than I did previous night. Around 10 attempts (out of who knows how many) were successful. I am really stubborn person so I spent around 4 hours walking and dowsing in my backyard. I looked really funny wearing miners flashlight in the middle of a night, sneaking like a thief while starring at rods :laughing7:

In a couple of days, I am going to area on pictures I posted before so I will test myself on the field. Plan is to try dowsing first and metal detecting after. Fingers crossed. :occasion14:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, just relax and walk around a few times at your sites. :coffee2:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cherry, keep a positive can do attitude, rid your mind of negative thoughts, and practice. Remember, the Rods are tools that convey your abilities into some sort of movement. Remember those different movements with respect to search/target.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
Marvin:occasion14::coffee2:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For ordinary metal detecting, a shallow search probably is better. Although areas with deeper targets often will have objects within reach of the search coil of a good detector. But if the terrain is rocky or has bushes, trees, tall grass in the way it could be hard. Best places are easy to use your detector and not too steep as in the mountains. From my file of definitions.

"Red circle is to mark areas, of loose or surface coins/treasure and artifacts of value, down to 1-2 feet deep."

Attachments

• e1-B-Cherry.jpg
    e1-B-Cherry.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 69
  • e2-B-Cherry.jpg
    e2-B-Cherry.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 64
  • e3-B-Cherry.jpg
    e3-B-Cherry.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 67
  • oms1-B-Cherry.jpg
    oms1-B-Cherry.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 61

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red, you got me back smile on my face :occasion14:

I can give you little feedback right away for some places.

View attachment 1284283 My great-grandfather found something nice here when he was young.
View attachment 1284284 Those are unknown graves.

Red
, I have few questions for you. Those dark-orange squares and black circles... what they mean?
You said that red line box means very deep coins, etc...How deep? I am asking this because my equipment is not so good.

And last (but crucial) question: Is there any danger related to this sites (traps or something similar)?

Thanks, once again :icon_thumleft:

Marvin, no, I am in Belgrade. Have you ever been to Čačak?
Cherry, have you got any more feedback for us? How is the dowsing practice going with the L-rods?

Last edited:

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I should have known that Belgrade is in Serbia, because I've got an old membership on a Russian dating site. The profile was updated a few months ago and just can't keep up with the notifications, right now have 121 in my Yahoo mailbox not looked at yet. Interesting last one is from Belgrade.....only since many of the recent from that area. Some screenshots to back up what I've said here.

I'll be turning 60 years this month, definitely getting too old for that stuff, really could spend the rest of my days camping out on a mining claim. Not on our worked out claims, Australia would be a good country.
Red, so you are turning 60 years old this month are ya. Congrats old man. My my, you are really getting up there in age aren't ya. What's the problem? Only one leg, one arm, deaf, blind? I just turned 70 and I have many, many more years of going out into the field. LOL. FUNNY.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I turned 60 last March, no my hair isn't turning white yet, but if I ever got married, then maybe all that could change in a hurry. I'm still getting up early every morning to do stretching exercises for 1 1/2-2 hours and my cup of coffee (or 2 cups, 3 cups).

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I turned 60 last March, no my hair isn't turning white yet, but if I ever got married, then maybe all that could change in a hurry. I'm still getting up early every morning to do stretching exercises for 1 1/2-2 hours and my cup of coffee (or 2 cups, 3 cups).
Lucky guy. I started turning gray at the age of 12. Over the last 20 years or more, I just kind of forgot about it. Now I am as white as snow on top. They say gray hair comes from not having enough copper in your system. Too late now for me. But my wife says she likes it.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"They say gray hair comes from not having enough copper in your system"

Interesting......I wonder if the copper wrapped around the lower handle area of my dowsing rods give me any copper? I don't use handles, just meant that part of the L-rod.

Attachments

• L-rods_curved2.JPG
    L-rods_curved2.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 62

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"They say gray hair comes from not having enough copper in your system"

Interesting......I wonder if the copper wrapped around the lower handle area of my dowsing rods give me any copper? I don't use handles, just meant that part of the L-rod.
It's possible I guess. I have a copper ring on my right hand and the area the ring covers turns green sometimes from copper rubbing off the ring and onto my finger. You can get copper in pill form from most health food stores also. Like so many other vitamins, minerals and enzymes, we all need certain amounts of copper in our diets to maintain good health. But, most of us do not have enough of these building blocks of life in our systems.

My understanding is hair goes through several process of growth and the pigment cells die off gradually. When that happens, that hair strand then turns white. But if one catches it early on and does something about it, the pigment cells can be revived. My father had all his black hair when he died at 85 years old.

I have a good friend who reversed his graying hair back to black by taking copper caps. It took 4 or 5 months for the process to complete but his hair returned back to it's natural black color. In my case, I waited too long to do something about it, so my once dark brown, almost black hair is now permanently white.
How long have you been dowsing with rods that have copper wrapped around the lower handle area of your dowsing rods?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started with copper handles on bronze rods, seeing dowsing articles in the old treasure magazines on the rack in a store back around.....soon after turning 30 years old. It would be half of my lifetime, later the copper wrapped when going to no handles. I do have a few rods that are not wrapped but prefer bronze rods with copper. Nearly every hanger rod is copper wrapped (except for 3 pairs, each a different style), they just feel better when held in my hands.

The 2 treasure magazine articles on dowsing, got me interesting in treasure hunting. While practicing my dowsing, looked at metal detector ads but never bought one. Someone sold me for a few dollars a cheap single 9 volt battery worthless detector you couldn't detect a quarter right under the coil. So, my first working detector wasn't until the mid 1990s with a Garret GTA 1,000 from Kellyco. I know what it is like to dig without a metal detector checking the spot first.

The one dowsing article was on making and using hanger L-rods. Yet my first few sets of rods were all bronze with copper handles. Do remember seeing a pair of bronze/copper handle rods on a wall at somebody's home, once when visiting (had belonged to the person's dad who dowsed). I'm sure that is were I'd learned about the bronze L-rods.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't suggest digging without a detector, unless a sifter is used, because coins or rings can be hard to see in the dirt. Go where the digging is easy, not for things too deep. The real breakthrough came when taking my new Garret GTA detector to New Mexico. I tried to use it for prospecting, didn't work for the fine gold around Los Cerrillos. Stopped along the road SE of town across the river. Right off the road shoulder in loose gravel, used a single rod to dowse 2 spots. Digging a little both places brought up 3/4" to 1" thick gold flecked flat white eroded quartz vein pieces. Back then the Garret GTA manual had a section on hunting gold nuggets, that was nonsense, this detector was not made for gold prospecting.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread