Question

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, my father has an un-canny ability to use dowsing rods to find buried water lines and water deposits.
One time he lost a pocket knife on a steep hillside.
He brought out a dowsing rod (Electrascope) and found his pocket knife buried in the leaves.

I am not skeptical at all of this method.

Now remote dowsing...No offense but I have a very hard time believing in that one.

With that said, one time my dad, brother and I were looking at a map.
We had been gold prospecting an area which was shown on the map and had a large gold nugget to show for our efforts.
We were trying to come up with a plan of where we wanted to prospect next.
As a joke, my brother held the nugget in his hand and closed his eyes.....he moved his hand over the map and settled on a location and dropped the nugget. The gold is THERE he says.

So we told him to do it again...this time we moved the map without him knowing...he moved his hand around and dropped the nugget where he felt the gold...landed in the same location.

Well we had our laugh and told him to try again. This time we moved and rotated the map...he drops the nugget AGAIN in the same location on the map.
The location was an area where two draws come together. We have not checked the area out yet...but wouldn't it be something if it turned out to have a nice gold deposit?

I can't explain how dowsing works, but I believe...so why does remote dowsing seem so difficult to believe?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
That’s what is good about Dowsing. The important thing is that any way that you do dowsing it will work. I went Deer hunting with a guy that done his maps like your brother. If he said a Buck was bedded at a location one would be there. At that time I did not understand how he could know these things..Art

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I can't explain how dowsing works, but I believe...so why does remote dowsing seem so difficult to believe?"

I feel it's beacause people are uncomfortable stepping out of their comfort zones to try something new before they pass judgement. It's not just map dowsing, you see it everywhere...in relationships,"I'm not comfortable meeting new people" and at work,"I don't want to do a different task",ect. The typical" Well if I can't see it, it don't exist, or if I don't have documented proof then it don't work."
It comes down to what you want to believe and do. If you have faith that map dowsing works then it will work for you, if you don't have faith about it then it won't work, much like anything else.
Jon

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, my father has an un-canny ability to use dowsing rods to find buried water lines and water deposits.
One time he lost a pocket knife on a steep hillside.
He brought out a dowsing rod (Electrascope) and found his pocket knife buried in the leaves.

I am not skeptical at all of this method.

Now remote dowsing...No offense but I have a very hard time believing in that one.

With that said, one time my dad, brother and I were looking at a map.
We had been gold prospecting an area which was shown on the map and had a large gold nugget to show for our efforts.
We were trying to come up with a plan of where we wanted to prospect next.
As a joke, my brother held the nugget in his hand and closed his eyes.....he moved his hand over the map and settled on a location and dropped the nugget. The gold is THERE he says.

So we told him to do it again...this time we moved the map without him knowing...he moved his hand around and dropped the nugget where he felt the gold...landed in the same location.

Well we had our laugh and told him to try again. This time we moved and rotated the map...he drops the nugget AGAIN in the same location on the map.
The location was an area where two draws come together. We have not checked the area out yet...but wouldn't it be something if it turned out to have a nice gold deposit?

I can't explain how dowsing works, but I believe...so why does remote dowsing seem so difficult to believe?
Well, one time a gold prospector went on a trip to Austrailia, rented one of those deep Minelab detectors. He wanted the guy at the prospecting shop to tell him where on the map he could find large gold nugget. The owner of the shop looked at the map a while, finally, he drew an X on the map and told him "there is where you'll find the big nugget". Guess what? Lucky prospector took his map and dug up a monster size gold nugget weighing ounces rather than grams.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread