New claim needs dowsing please?

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is our new claim. I am a placer miner, but 80% the work done on the site in the picture, was done by exploration crews looking for a vein (lode miner's). There are rock tailing piles, overburden piles, and even a small pile of crushed rock that was stock piled.
The claim is so new, I have only tested the crushed rock pile once...nothing yet. This is just my second claim, so I'll test where you suggest I test (I dunno nuth'in)...lol.
Thank you!!
Dowsing.png

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the top right of map around the arrow and the word Canada. Vein should be less than 3' deep at this point.
Marvin

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Marvin, I'll do a couple of test holes in that area. Did you get anything for placer gold? I'm not a hard rock miner. The old assay reports on this spot do say that they found traces of gold, silver and copper in the overburden before the bedrock was reached by the trencher's.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not check anything but veins. I'm sure someone else will speak up.
Marvin

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wishbone, look at the bottom left of the map and see the words Help and Advertise. pick a point between the two and go straight up 1/2 way and I detect Placer gold there. More than a foot deep but less than two feet deep. As you know I'm a beginner so I wish someone else would Dowse the picture for you.
Marvin

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wishbone, look at the bottom left of the map and see the words Help and Advertise. pick a point between the two and go straight up 1/2 way and I detect Placer gold there. More than a foot deep but less than two feet deep. As you know I'm a beginner so I wish someone else would Dowse the picture for you.
Marvin

I appreciate all the help I can get GA Boy! All the experts and machines have had their chance with exploration in this area, and found nothing. Maybe 1 little miner and his friends can. Wouldn't it be a hoot if we did!!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd check the 2 orange outline circles first. I might add, dowsing can find even poor veins and the smallest traces of gold. Dowsing results won't be any better than the claim you check. It might even here be quartz float or whatever type of rock you crushed to test, but doesn't hurt to check.

For whatever it is worth, a normal gold claim would be marked like this, as it is from my file of definitions.

"Yellow line box (or solid filled circles) for gold veins and deep alluvial placer deposits.
Yellow outline circles for shallow alluvial gold placer deposits."

Attachments

• dowseclaim.jpg
    dowseclaim.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
There is placer gold all over the map. The bottom left area has float gold. The exposed gold vein is less than a mile below this map. The gold on this map is not enough to set up a serious mining operation

Dowsing.jpg

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd check the 2 orange outline circles first. I might add, dowsing can find even poor veins and the smallest traces of gold. Dowsing results won't be any better than the claim you check. It might even here be quartz float or whatever type of rock you crushed to test, but doesn't hurt to check.

For whatever it is worth, a normal gold claim would be marked like this, as it is from my file of definitions.

"Yellow line box (or solid filled circles) for gold veins and deep alluvial placer deposits.
Yellow outline circles for shallow alluvial gold placer deposits."
You people are awesome!! It seems like the left hand side of the map (top and bottom) is giving the same information to all of you. Thanks you very much :thumbsup:
I don't know if anyone has ever asked you this, BUT, is there any water on this property?? The nearest body of water to this area is 5 km's (except for run off creek's). Maybe there is water, and we just can't see it?
At least now I have somewhere to start looking for gold. I'll let you know the results from this summers sampling of the property.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Since you have Placer gold you may have an old stream bed under it. Look for benches higher up that has eroded and released the gold

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you have Placer gold you may have an old stream bed under it. Look for benches higher up that has eroded and released the gold

That's funny you should say that. Just last weekend I drove over a culvert that was built for winter run off. It's about 1 km North East of the picture. The funny thing about this culvert is that ALL the other ditches, or run off creeks have gone dry by now. Just the year round creeks flowing?? This one still has about 4 inches in it, not running water, but water all the same.
I think I'm going to follow it uphill and do some sampling.
Thanks again!

elhit29

Oct 24, 2012
Planet Earth
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well my friend, this is the only guaranteed Placer Gold spot in this land!!! No other Gold Lode or vein exists.. you can bet on it..
The placer gold spot's area is only within 1.5m x 1m. , its at depth starting from 25cm till 45cm.

Attachments

• PicsArt_06-02-06.02.42.jpg
    PicsArt_06-02-06.02.42.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 96

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
As the gold is released from the exposed gold vein It starts the long journey down hill. It will spread out forming a upset down vee. You have to remember that gold will always keep going deeper until it gets to something solid

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
A little about some stream beds. I have come across some dry stream beds and when I went downstream I came upon spots where it was still running. I know a spot where there is an old river bed. A spring starts a good size creek. That spring is still putting out gold for the miners of the creek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread