No way someone can dows for gold from a pic!

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Arizona, California, Alaska, Oregon, Florida, Loui
Detector(s) used
Garret Pin pointer pro AT. "Other" methods.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see all these request for dowsing and no one ever puts they found something. I will post a pic and actually report if the dowsing was correct. I'm not saying no I'm just don't think someone can dows for gold or caches. Water yes, but only in person and maybe same with gold. Not over a pic. Prove me wrong! Keep your marks small! LMAO anyone can put a big circle and have me running all over. Put a small mark.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 186

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
No use - they just say that you're a skeptic, therefore it won't work with you.

I'm a "healthy" skeptic, meaning that it would take just a tiny bit for me to believe, but as of yet I have not gotten that tiny bit. Likewise, I must also admit that I'm not trying really hard to find it. Having trouble at times believing in the things I "want" to believe in!

Having studied psychic phenomena many years ago, I've come to believe in a great many things. This just doesn't happen to be one of them - but ONLY because I have seen no proof; not because I'm unwilling to see.

elhit29

Oct 24, 2012
Planet Earth
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I see all these request for dowsing and no one ever puts they found something. I will post a pic and actually report if the dowsing was correct. I'm not saying no I'm just don't think someone can dows for gold or caches. Water yes, but only in person and maybe same with gold. Not over a pic. Prove me wrong! Keep your marks small! LMAO anyone can put a big circle and have me running all over. Put a small mark.

So you don't believe in Map Dowsing!!! Well you wanna bet?? I can mark the cache in this land within 1meter x 1meter .. what do you have to say about that? So suppose I tell you that in this specific land you have a huge cache!!! 233kgs of gold coins in iron boxes!! 1-2 meters away from it there are 5-6 men shot dead and buried with their guns!!! I swear to God I can pinpoint it bull's eye on map first, then on close up photo, but why should I do this?? The issue is I'm 100% sure that once you dig it out we will definitely NOT SEE you never ever here again in this forum, and may be you will say: hey listen guys I found nothing, map dowsing is just a hoax!!! Your Personal Title showing right under your Username says: Give Respect, Get Respect. I think you should stick to that..
This applies also 4 u kcm!!!
A Skeptic will remain a skeptic no matter what.. With all due respect and with no arrogance involved, If you wanna seek knowledge you should knock the door politely without prior terms & conditions, and as time lapse, you can find out by yourself whether map dowsing is real or not, and only then you could announce publicly your factual conclusions, and we will respect your opinion no matter what... enough said.

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think where most of us have trouble with this, is there is no explanation as to how it works.

The spirit world helps out somehow? Why would they?

It would be so cool if it worked, but I haven't seen any proof.

Please don't be offended map dowsers, just show us something.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Elhit, there apparently is some difference of opinion on what the word "skeptic" means. There are several levels of skepticism. There are also things that I have known to be true since I was a child, that modern science is only recently coming out and saying "might" be true. When I was in college, I worked at Compaq Computers in Test Engineering. At school we were taught what was and wasn't possible - some of the impossible things I was seeing come true on nearly a daily basis. I taught myself how to read technical blueprints before I was even 10 years old - just from watching my dad work himself nearly to death in his shop. For years I was the youngest active member in the EAA, starting when I was about 14, I think?

I'm no stranger to things I can't understand. Hell, I can't even understand people most of the time! But when it comes to "anything" out there, you are wrong to say I have no chance of believing. By your definition, one can ONLY believe if they believe with blind faith. ...That's like a country boy going to the big city and having faith that the people there are just as kind and helpful as they are in the country.

I ask a little bit of proof. That's all. That is NOT too much to ask.

Ciao!.gif

EDIT: By "little bit of proof", we're not talking about absolute, cold hard factual evidence. But rather what was mentioned above. There's never anything about "after" the hunt. Haven't seen anything documenting a successful dowsing. THAT'S what we're talking about. Just do a little documenting. "Proof" is a bad word - documenting would be better. I apologize for my less-than-perfect words earlier....and in the future, for that matter!

Last edited:

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been wondering about the "photo dowsing" ever since I saw people that believed themselves or others could do it. Frankly, it seems preposterous. With the burden of proof solely on the photo-dowsing community, it's not really surprising to me that nobody has come forward to substantiate their claims.

It reminds me of the masses of people that followed that weirdo 'psychic' Sylvia Brown, who was proved wrong time and again. Hey, if it's a real phenomenon, get in touch with James Randy. There's an unclaimed million-dollar prize if you can prove it to be anything but a hoax.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder, this is the dowsing forum, members may not believe in it but you can't attack members or the forum if you don't believe it...

I can't explain how dowsing for buried utility lines works but I can personally do it, have done so thousands of times and have have known how to do it for over 25 years

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the heads-up TH. I didn't even realize which forum this was in. Guess it pays to look once in a while. :tongue3:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Man that would be like super cool to see what he finds. You know if it is like something major then who ever did it is going to be getting all sorts of request.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not one who does not dowses pictures, at least not yet. I understand the process and all, but I have never tried it for real. But, a few years ago on this forum, I posted many pictures of things I dowsed in the field. Many were in places where I had never been before or since. Field dowsing is where I am the most comfortable.

For me, the scientist Albert Einstein best described how dowsing happens. He said[FONT=Helvetica, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]: "I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time." [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I can understand how our nervous systems picks up energies from things in the ground and how that is conveyed on a sub conscience level to the hands holding the rods or other type of instrument. Can you?

[/FONT]Have you ever been in a crowd and looked up directly at someone who is looking or staring at you and how startled they were when you caught them looking at you? I think dowsing is like that.

A young couple is out on the town. They left their baby with a baby sitter. All of a sudden the young mother tells her husband they have to go back home. He asks Why? She says: "Something is wrong, we must return NOW!" Now she doesn't know what the problem is, but there is a problem of some kind. They return home to find their house on fire and the baby and baby sitter are safe. How did she know this? I say it is on this same level that dowsing works the way it does.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Les, good examples there. However, I can understand how a link is possible for each. What doesn't make sense is in getting a link from a photo posted on the WWW of some place you have no idea where it is, who took the image, or when the photo was taken, THEN go about the process of locating something of significance within that photo. That's what gets me. Again, I have dowsed many times - each time successfully. However, every time was on-site, and everything had to do with water, septic (still water)....(yeck!), or electric lines. That was many years ago.

"My" point is, there are MANY documented cases of people using dowsing rods and such on-site, but I have not seen any documentation concerning remote dowsing. .....Does that make better sense?

There's a woman in Texas who goes around finding lost graves using dowsing. But again, it's on-site. She has been very successful, and refuses to accept pay. In fact, she often finds unmarked graves on her own, then documents them (if possible and if allowed) and then uses her own money to erect a marker.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For you Debbie Doubters, who would probably be content in a debate on what came first, the Chicken or the Egg, I will submit to you the fact that, even though there are questions among the experts as to the actual process/theory of Dowsing, I know it works. How do I know? I was employed in the Construction field when I was much younger and part of my duties was locating buried water and sewer lines so the heavy equipment would not rip them out etc. I'm proud to say that I was 100% right when confronted with the Dowsing task. I used "L" Rods.
You can do a google search and find many explanations on the subject.
An example of what I have done (You may think it is pure dumb luck.), I Dowsed my yard for coins with a Pendulum and marked the spot and then took my Metal detector and pinpointed the object I Dowsed. There was a 2" difference in the two locations but I did dig a clad quarter 2-3 inches deep.
You may draw your own conclusion as to my Dowsing vs Dumb luck but before you start calling people untruthful, do some research on your own. Thanks for entertaining my analogy.
Marvin

S

stefen

My contribution is to sit on the fence and read the comments, and to learn from the more experienced members...

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Hey Les, good examples there. However, I can understand how a link is possible for each. What doesn't make sense is in getting a link from a photo posted on the WWW of some place you have no idea where it is, who took the image, or when the photo was taken, THEN go about the process of locating something of significance within that photo. That's what gets me. Again, I have dowsed many times - each time successfully. However, every time was on-site, and everything had to do with water, septic (still water)....(yeck!), or electric lines. That was many years ago.
KCM, many years ago I was told that everything vibrates, That is, metal. remember the quartz watches? vibration I guess becaure of the vibrating of the quartz.-- Another thing to remember is that coins and such have an aura about them and the aura also is above ground. Some folks can see the human aura which is said that some folks have a hole in their aura and a person like that draws energy from other folks.
Maps of a place, or photos capture the aura and that is what the dowser is identifying. For some reason a hand drawn map will have the same auras as the place drawn. Wanna prove it??? draw a map of your place and place things like bushes, trees, swing,bird bath etc. as near as possible, then dowse it. If it don't work blame it onsomeone else. Never blame yourself.:coffee2::coffee2: and one for the road:coffee2:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, EVERYTHING vibrates - not just metals. That much is proven by science, and we all know how far behind things the world of science can be! But again, I'm not looking to disprove remote dowsing. I would actually rather see it proven...or at the very least documented. As for understanding how it works, it seems that most of us here don't understand how on-site dowsing works; much less remote dowsing. Yet there needs to be more than just an explanation. Am I talking full answers? Nope, just some sort of documentation from a neutral party - verification that some such process has been successfully completed.

....Aren't any of you the least bit curious? Don't you have any thoughts about your success rate? Don't you ever wonder just what the limits might be in something like this?? I do! I'd love to find out. If I were 30 years younger, I'd be more than happy to run off and study with someone - to try and learn first-hand. But I'm married, partially disabled and very much NON-wealthy. Is difficult for me to walk across 1 room of the house at times. So, if I cannot get out there to learn first-hand, then I need something more to learn from. Detailed instructions, some amount of trust in the people I'm dealing with (which for me, personally, is not likely - elh knows the (VERY personal) reasons there!!), or some sort of ....ah, I just don't know how to word things any more clear than I have. I try to get my point across, yet still I'm treated as though I'm bashing you guys.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually, EVERYTHING vibrates - not just metals. That much is proven by science, and we all know how far behind things the world of science can be! But again, I'm not looking to disprove remote dowsing. I would actually rather see it proven...or at the very least documented. As for understanding how it works, it seems that most of us here don't understand how on-site dowsing works; much less remote dowsing. Yet there needs to be more than just an explanation. Am I talking full answers? Nope, just some sort of documentation from a neutral party - verification that some such process has been successfully completed.

....Aren't any of you the least bit curious? Don't you have any thoughts about your success rate? Don't you ever wonder just what the limits might be in something like this?? I do! I'd love to find out. If I were 30 years younger, I'd be more than happy to run off and study with someone - to try and learn first-hand. But I'm married, partially disabled and very much NON-wealthy. Is difficult for me to walk across 1 room of the house at times. So, if I cannot get out there to learn first-hand, then I need something more to learn from. Detailed instructions, some amount of trust in the people I'm dealing with (which for me, personally, is not likely - elh knows the (VERY personal) reasons there!!), or some sort of ....ah, I just don't know how to word things any more clear than I have. I try to get my point across, yet still I'm treated as though I'm bashing you guys.
As far as I am concerned, you are not bashing anyone here. I will say this though you have got me thinking about this.

Like I said earlier, I have never dowsed a map before then followed up to see what happens. I map dowsed a location several weeks ago. I have the coordinates and will go there soon to see my results.

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

233kgs of gold coins in iron boxes!!
Yeh!!
So.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread