jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Off I am posting this Simply as an Interesting Article.
Not My personal Opinion. I have heard many say Dowsing for Water Works.
I couldn't understand how. Seemed too close to Hocus Pocus to Believe.

The other day I was watching a Program where they Mentioned the Earths Gravity.
(I think NASA's Unexplained Files)
they mentioned the earths Gravity is Different depending on mineral & water content.
and finally it Struck me why Dowsing works.
The stick doesn't Point at Water.
The increase in Gravity makes the stick slightly heaver and Pulls the stick down. :thumbsup:

The Greenville journal. (Greenville, Ohio), 29 March 1917.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

The Greenville journal. (Greenville, Ohio) 1850-1918, March 29, 1917, Image 7 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Last edited:

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have tried Dowsing for water . And I was successful !
I also have a weather stick in my yard nailed to a tree. Also predicts rain or shine!
So yes it works for finding water. Not treasure as far is I can tell !
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_stick

JimJ

Mar 24, 2016
Metz, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, At Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really enjoy your articles Jeff. Since the government said this it has to be true, right? Guess I will have to tell the feller that witched my well he did not find it after all.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! Things have changed since 1917... I used "L"-shaped Clothes Hanger Wires; it works!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scientists have discovered evidence of gravitational waves, which show ripples in space and time. A new machine has made it possible for scientists to observe space in a whole new way. Recently, the machine picked up vibrations from the collision of two black holes. The discovery comes a few months after the very first detection of gravitational waves. With these tools, scientists can look at the universe in a new way. In this story you will hear the signal from the black holes converted from gravitational waves to soundwave.

https://listenwise.com/current_events/731-gravitational-waves

Attachments

• gravity-waves.jpg
    gravity-waves.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting stuff! It works! How and accuracy are to be debated.(and already has been debated to death,:laughing7: not trying to go that route). My grandfather swore by it for finding water and pipe. I saw it work for him. I've played with it and have had mixed luck. Whats causing it? Who knows! I don't believe it's hocus pocus, I think there are possibly indicators and some people are more tuned to their surroundings,lay of the land, etc... But I'm not sure, just Opinion, not trying to debate it. :occasion14: Whatever works! And it is fun to play with.

No experience in map dowsing. Just never had any interest.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem is trying to find wires clothes hangers.

:laughing7: This is true!!! I was playing with it a while back and couldn't find any of the old good hangers!!! I ended up using TIG filler wire from the Garage! :laughing7: Same thing when I locked my keys in the truck in Walmart parking lot!! Good luck finding a good coat hanger that's even strong enough to work the lock or button! :laughing7:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a guy around here who does water dowsing. He will return the money if you don't find water. Well, the neighbors dug over 900 feet (figure about $30 per foot) and hit salt water.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Witching for water works. I had two Aunts who were missionaries in India. As they traveled the back roads teaching, they would also witch wells for the towns they visited. They dowsed the wells on my Grandfather's farm, indicating which one was for the dairy barn, because it would never dry up, it hasn't and that was over a hundred years ago. Been in the family a long time. My father was a science teacher, and if it couldn't be proved by a formula, it wasn't true. I went on a picnic with some friends, one who could dowse. I tried with no luck. The person who could came up behind me and put one finger on the back of each hand, and away we went several feet later, the forked branch ripped the skin of my palms as I tried to keep it from pointing down. Heehee, my father thought I fell.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I ain't seen one yet who would repay all the digging costs if water (or treasure) is not found. Like I said, a 900 foot well is about $30,000.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions