Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little better around the area of your gps coordinates. One of the turquoise outline circles, might be the site. The little crosshairs + near them, the gps location.

Attachments

• map-vince2C.jpg
    map-vince2C.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

HistoryUnearthed

Jun 28, 2015
La Porte County, Indiana and SC Low-country part t
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett AT-Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably be getting cold soon, especially in the mountains. I'm a warm weather person myself.....good luck Vince!

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vince, your new map location. On both maps the black circles near the gps coordinates. All the rest of the hits, same as before.

White in general is a color indicator, I use for natural caves or man made tunnel entrances and mine shafts, other similar type excavations (including old wells, tombs, etc.).
Red circle is to mark areas, of loose or surface coins/treasure and artifacts of value, down to 1-2 feet deep.
Red line box (or solid filled circles) for very deep coins/treasure or artifacts of value.
Green in general is a color indicator, I use for various other targets mostly archaeological (old ruins or foundations but especially those non-metallic objects such as Indian flints, glass, pottery, carved stone with treasure signs).

Thanks Red. This week will be raining but I will discuss the map with my friends. I will let you know if I have any news. :-)

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Red. May I ask if it would be possible for you to locate only the tunnel or better the entrance please?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Red. May I ask if it would be possible for you to locate only the tunnel or better the entrance please?
Well, check around the area of the white line boxes, also any of these white Xs would be the possibility of an entrance or cave/tunnel.

Attachments

• map-vince2Bcrop.jpg
    map-vince2Bcrop.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 48
  • map-vince2Bcrop2.jpg
    map-vince2Bcrop2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 42

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White box here on the C-map.

Attachments

• map-vince2Ccrop.jpg
    map-vince2Ccrop.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 45

CanSlawKing

May 9, 2016
Longmont, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red,
Does this indicator of yours represent an ancient Roman billiard hall, or just the "8" ball?
8ball.PNG

P.S. Awesome work finding those coins, you guys! Following this thread very closely.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red,
Does this indicator of yours represent an ancient Roman billiard hall, or just the "8" ball?
View attachment 1379574

P.S. Awesome work finding those coins, you guys! Following this thread very closely.
I see your point, but not intentional. I was trying to narrow down the signal where the large turquoise circle is put. The smaller circle inside to pinpoint it better, only needed the 2nd tiny circle because probably is between them. Since concentric metal detector coils are round, marking a pinpoint this way might be too confusing......oh well, if I don't forget probably, will avoid doing it now in the future.

The tunnel is supposed to contain a cache of books, highly unusual type of search. Did the searching expecting them to be made of paper (as modern books are today). Turquoise is a color I've hardly ever used on the forum to mark caches and only when they are paper currency. Of course, depending on the type and how old these books/writings are believed to be, could be written on animal skins, clay tablets, or even copper scrolls. From my file of definitions for colors used to mark hits, turquoise came the closest.

Turquoise (or aqua blue) circles for paper currency, usually hidden in the ground as a cache.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try here, whether it is your tunnel or not, keep getting a signal at this spot.

Attachments

• map-vince2D.jpg
    map-vince2D.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 52
  • map-vince2Dcrop.jpg
    map-vince2Dcrop.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 64

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread