Advice from Sam "Lobo" Wolfe

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody who has read his stuff already knows this. He says the only reason these guys own metal detector shops (or dowsing/LRL) do it so they can steal treasure sites from naive customers. And he said they can steal it easily. Now compare that to the internet forums where the identity of the posters is unknown. Could be outlaws, could be in-laws (govt). Typical techniques are to get some shill to say so-and-so is a good 'ol boy. Here's your spoon!

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It used to be that that farmer would not even tell his wife where he hid the family cache. My two dollar's here, you might only get one good treasure lead your whole life. Don't fall for the lie that you will never get it, so give it away. Things change and next year there might be some good locating equipment out on the market at a reasonable price. You never know...

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Words Of WISDOM!!

Very well said!! You are deep thinker, and I appreciate all of your posts. Thank You, sir!!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Anybody who has read his stuff already knows this. He says the only reason these guys own metal detector shops (or dowsing/LRL) do it so they can steal treasure sites from naive customers.

So your saying that everyone that sells Treasure Hunting devices is a crook

And he said they can steal it easily

They would have to follow you for months to do that

Typical techniques are to get some shill to say so-and-so is a good 'ol boy

I happen to like and trust the people I have bought equipment from

Don't fall for the lie that you will never get it, so give it away

I have never had a person tell me that

Last edited:

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Some individuals have dignity, honor and integrity.

To say everyone is out to take advantage of you would likely result in your never working or interacting with other individuals.

While I only have a handful of friends--I would trust them with my life.
Arthur, Red Desert, Okie for example help dozens of individuals in many states--and certainly
have enough stuff keeping them busy they are simply not going to be taking advantage of anyone

If you really knew professionals--including Sam Wolf--they have so much going on and have so many sites they will
never in their lifetime even work half of them. I worked with a professional many years--and often when researching one
site searching for a treasure he would get several more treasure leads.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
If you really knew professionals--including Sam Wolf--they have so much going on and have so many sites they will
never in their lifetime even work half of them. I worked with a professional many years--and often when researching one
site searching for a treasure he would get several more treasure leads

I am almost 77 and my hunting days are over. You are correct that every treasure hunt gives you more information and leads. I have a long list of where treasures can be found and even where I have some gold buried. It is all in my will so if my kids want to get them. I have given some people good information about areas to search but they will have locate it themselves
..Art

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is not much in Connecticut, but, I will keep looking. Always seeking leads that other people do not have the time to look for.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AAa, yer only 77 ? I have you beat, I am 93..Incidentally thanks for all of your help :coffee2::coffee2: cofee ???

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Real Deal...I didn’t say that I quit completely. I just look for stuff on flat ground. I check a lot of ladies Jewelry so they know which pieces are real gold and which are fake .Anything just to keep busy...Art

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have some gold buried. It is all in my will so if my kids want to get them. I have given some people good information about areas to search but they will have locate it themselves
..Art
You sly fox you. You know what it is like to bury real treasures like the bandits did of yesteryear who rode the outlaw trail and hid their booty. Yes, folks, he has given me some real good leads, a lot more than I can handle in one day for sure. Thanks AArt. But I will have to agree with Real, 77 ain't that much compared to 93. The oldest person to run the marathon was 101 and started training when he was 89. He figured at 101 he ought to slow down a bit. Aart, you are still wet and green behind your ears so get out there, exercise everyday, and go find those treasures like you have in the past.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
My lady friend pointed out an error
I made mistake when I made that post the other day. I will be only 76. I still have a few sweet spot I still go to. I went out there this month and picked up 2 ½ oz of nuggets. Gave them to my Step Son as he has been working too hard. All summer we have been going to California and going to places where I did a lot of Dredging and enjoying the lovely areas around those places. I am enjoying the things I never took time to do...Art

Last edited:

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Art,

How do you get the self confidence to go dowse in the field and remove the self doubt? I keep having issues with this even tho I have got some placer gold from aerial creek photos I had map dowsed first off of my computer screen and using Google Earth and a pendulum. Of course, I am at age 60 now when I thought I'd be 40 forever , but it apparently don't work that way. Aches and pains set in pretty bad this year plus nobody ever wants to go digging with me and I'd rather not go alone anymore...am slowly making progress with the aches and pains. My main discovery this year was that Electrolyte potions and drinking extra water helped immensely with sensitive feet, teeth, cramping, muscle spasm issues, for me anyway. Gots to get my self confidence back,but how???
I need to go check a spot for a gold cache as it seems too small for a placer gold location in this creek, maybe 50 x 100 feet on a hillside adjoining the creek and along 1 side of the creek bank looks like. I am suspecting a cache eroding into the creek below. I never had any luck map dowsing gold caches before ,only gold placers, but every now and then a gold placer spot comes up that doesn't make sense cause its too rich, not in a known lode gold area, or too small an area I have marked. So, I am suspecting these are gold caches next to a creek.
I have heard of these. I heard of a treasure story in northern Indiana and the teller told me the story was in their local history books but they all thought it was baloney. Then , a friend of this fellow needed gravel for his driveway for his new house, went down to said creek with a backhoe. As he was digging some objects fell outta the creek bank. I was told they were gold bars dating back to when the area was occupied by the French, circa 1700's . Unfortunately, he would not tell me the creek name.
One time long ago, I tried Positive Affirmations as a Treasure Aid. It only worked that 1 time but it was a doozy. I stood in front of my bathroom mirror and told myself I would find a treasure, did this every day for less than 2 weeks . One Thursday, I just knew the treasure was about to fall into my lap, didn't have any idea how? But I was at work that next evening and always check my change for silver but never found any, UNTIL that Friday night. I got a silver quarter from the change machine, figgered it was just a fluke. Put in another buck, 2 more silver quarters. I ended up with 300 silver quarters before I went home that night.
Now, if I could just make that work again and regain my self confidence to boot?

-Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread