OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, Dowsing doesn't seem to work a lot of the time. Correct interpretation of the reaction of the Rods, or pendulum is most important. This becomes better with practice and experience. A knowledge of the subject you are applying Dowsing to is certainly helpful. Example: I spent a month surveying a potential Confederate Treasure site in Central Florida, with all positive indications. After the field survey was completed I posted an aerial photo of the site on the Internet for other Dowsers to try their skills. One person was very thorough but his location was about 50 feet from the target. He perfectly described what he was picking up as an underground vault and included a diagram .showing a tunnel leading down to the vault, and two tunnels leading away from the vault.

If he had dug at his location he would have dug up the property owner"s Septic tank, and drain field. Otherwise, he did a good job,

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There you go. If anyone wants to understand why I am peeved, just look at what is happening around here--no daily feedback, refuse to read about, refuse to learn some form meditation (even the most basic yoga breath). I nhave to laugh Sam "Lobo" Wolfe talked about letters he had received from his students. "I did so good map dowsing but when I went into the field I could not find the target." Duh!!!! That ain't much different than the skeptics saying they can dowse but can't do any better than random chance.

Look, I am not against dowsing, just the nose-thumber's B.S. is so bad I really and truly believe they don't know crap about it and are here just to disgust. But I could be wrong and they are just ignorant fools, but I have to think they have some motive--be it to hope somebody finds "SOMETHING" and attributes it to them. LOL, or to steal the treasure sites, or just to make people so disgusted in dowsing they give up, or both. And that's assuming they don't work for the govt. The blind leading the blind.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a collection of The United Dowser Magazines by Lobo Wolfe that are good reading for those serious students, even those "dowsers" who took off their training wheels. I so have to laugh about the "learner's syndrome" where the person thinks they are too good to put out a test target for practice. One thing I know you are never "good enough". It requires constant effort, kinda like the Alice in Wonderland "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." You got to run just to stay even. Of course Alice asked the Cheshire Cat "How do you know I'm mad?" "You must be", said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody who doesn't know, Dell knows tons about L-rods and I just have to believe he knew much of it from using the early electronic receivers.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What types of maps that dowsers use to dowse that can be sent through the mail? Thanks

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most people won't dig more than 8-9 feet. There is one exception, once a person hired a digging crew, they dug down to 21-22 feet. I can post the finds, these all came out of 1 hole. Pic first is the stone with the cross carving, is dirty not cleaned yet.

Bag with handle, probably for travel riding animal, found with cross on stone.

Attachments

• holeLG_1cross.jpg
    holeLG_1cross.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 53
  • holeLG_1fabric2.jpg
    holeLG_1fabric2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 51
  • holeLG_1fabric2handle.jpg
    holeLG_1fabric2handle.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same hole, going deeper ON PRIVATE PROPERTY owned by relative of person.

Plate with center depression, ancient style centuries old design. Also a handle and axe head.

Attachments

• vaultLG_plate.jpg
    vaultLG_plate.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 68
  • vaultLG_handle.jpg
    vaultLG_handle.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 60
  • vaultLG_handle2.jpg
    vaultLG_handle2.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 58

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hole became more like a room, as fossil layers became exposed. You see a Jurassic period concentric shape shell which is a large specimen (these are usually 1"-10" in diameter). The reddish color is hard to see in photos, because these were near a gypsum deposit.

Attachments

• Vault-inoceramus2.jpg
    Vault-inoceramus2.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Vault-inoceramus.jpg
    Vault-inoceramus.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsum specimens which were very close to the Jurassic fossil bed.

Attachments

• gypsumrock1.jpg
    gypsumrock1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 59
  • gypsumrock1crop.jpg
    gypsumrock1crop.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 55
  • gypsumrock1crop2.jpg
    gypsumrock1crop2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 56

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last but not least, some petrified bones from a layer probably of Jurassic Period.

Attachments

• dinosaur-3-left-footcompare.jpg
    dinosaur-3-left-footcompare.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 095-red_rock.jpg
    095-red_rock.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 095-red_rock2.jpg
    095-red_rock2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 097-red_rock-fossils.jpg
    097-red_rock-fossils.jpg