If you want to learn dowsing

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First step is to read all you can from REPUTABLE sources. So always make a habit to reread everything every few months, even once you think you are proficient. What you have to remember is that what you read might not make much sense until you learn some things. Unfortunately about 70 - 80% of EVERYTHING on the internet is false. Probably much higher than that around here. LOL

I think a good path is to get some meditation software and practice twice a day for several weeks. Remember the same mistakes you make while learning to meditate are the same mistakes for dowsing. Of course the main one is wandering mind. You've probably seen the TV commercial about those automatic emergency braking for cars. Eight seconds is average amount of time before a person's mind begins to wander. I think they are stretching that.

You can try to learn dowsing at the same time as you are working on the meditation, and remember always get feedback to see where you went right and where you went wrong. The idea that an experienced dowser does not need feedback is just arrogant. That alone says that person cannot do it in the first place. You have to burst the ego bubble. Anything you "want" is part of your ego. Most people cannot ever learn this. It's just so foreign to them. Me, me, me.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's an enormous difference between the physical (or some call it pre-physical) dowsing and the mental or psychic stuff passed off as dowsing. Dell has talked about this and that if you learn to distinguish between the two you will be much better eqipped.

Here's a simple example Christopher Hills makes: Take a forked stick and find a hot spot for water. Physical dowsing you would walk away from the hot spot until the rod responds. This is what some call the Bishop's Rule, that distance is about equal to the depth of the target.

Now if the person stands at the hot spot and counts off numbers until the rod responds for the amount of depth, that is the mental or psychic stuff. That's where you lose accuracy and reliability, just like with map "dowsing".

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can see what I am talking about here:

https://wilddivine.com

I like their Ancient Proverb: "The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is now."

They didn't have anything this fancy when I learned, but I did learn to feel the body response with a galvanic skin response.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if anyone here has studied Verne Cameron and Bill Cox. Cox has some good instructions in the Aurameter in Action book that can help with other types of locating equipment, too. They both tended to blend the physical and psychic but there's still some good info there. It sure is easy for me to relate to what they are saying, totally different than what is being pushed around here. You can only water something down so far until there is not a single particle left. Sort of a homeopathic dowsing. The K.I.S.S. principle gets perverted into Keep It Superstitious Sugar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can learn to feel the body response you will be on your way. Basically you will have learned to start listening to the subtle energies, the field edges, the polarity shifts. The human skin is sensitive to a much wider range of frequencies than the eyes. One thing the human brain is good at is ignoring things. LOL You got like five million hairs and every one of them is connected to nerve. BTW, the eyes started out as a sensitive fold of skin. And the skin is not the only way to see with. There is a device for blind people that fits on the tongue. The nerves of the tongue act as an eyeball. Another device you take a photo of something and the software converts it into sound, so the blind person can see it as a sound picture so the ears become the eyeball.

If you are following my drift, you got to get rid of your mental programs as we all see things through colored glasses. And it's way more complicated than that. I recall as a child not liking to look into mirrors. It's like I would not let my mind look into it--all I could see was glass with some silver and some light reflections. I couldn't see any depth into it. i wasn't playing any mental games. More later.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you know that if you are a boy and you kiss your elbow, you'll turn into a girl? :skullflag:

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need fancy equipment to learn the meditation, but it might speed things up. I ain't no guru so you're on your own here. I like what Christopher Hills has in his book "Into Meditation Now" Section Zero. Anybody want to read dowsing, this guy is the most knowledgeable by far. He inherited the works of 150 European dowsers from the first half of the 1900's, what was truly the Golden Years of modern dowsing. Louis Turenne has to be at the top of that group but there are many other contributors who made it their life quest. People today think these older times were all superstition, but what I have read says they knew a lot more about it than people today. That's the watering down thing I've mentioned. Hills "Supersensonics" has over 600 large pages.

All this in the end is a lot of work and time. Like i said, you gotta want it. Most people are too lazy to learn the meditation and do the daily practice with feedback. I can understand why not the feedback--you don't want to find out the truth that you f'ed up. Don't want your day spoiled. Guess what? That's pretty much step number one--admitting you aren't perfect and never will be. Remember what I said about losing the ego? Most people thumb their nose, say fu I ain't changin'. "Handbook To Higher Consciousness" by Keyes is free in pdf on-line.

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Wandering thoughts are just like gentle fluttering butterflies.

Great thread!

I found that a simple method I used was quite simple. Not saying it was easy, but its a simple method for anybody wanting to learn how to SPOT when your mind is wandering.

I got a candle, and in a quiet room at night placed it in front of me on the table. The objective is to think ONLY about the candle flame. Also, it is very important NOT to get frustrated when catching yourself wandering. Because when that happens it's virtually impossible to clear the mind. So, what I did was think of these stray wandering thoughts as "butterflies", just observing them as they enter knowing full well they each will just "flutter away", which they did. With practice and determination my first "milestone" was having a completely cleared mind for 2 minutes straight!! Took me about a month, if I recall correctly. Being patient and forgiving with myself payed off. Usually , as a rule, I've always been very hard on myself. If your personality is like mine, this information will help you. Patience & forgiveness is key, and progress will be very slow if you keep being hard on yourself, and you will likely give up.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously dowsing can be learned without any formal training in meditation. And it's not hard to see that almost everyone thinks they don't need it. The dowsing side-step. If you spend enough years at it, there are some people who do learn. But let's not ignore the fact that VERY FEW people ever really learn. Honestly what i see on this forum is an attempt to discourage people so they will forfeit their treasure site. And my attempts have been to show people they have little chance around here because what I have seen is bogus. I've even said I think these fake dowsers are just skeptics in disguise. And don't forget, every skeptic I have seen says that dowsing works but they can't do it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds a bit like scrying. Nostradamus would use a bowl of wine to look into. Of course this is completely psychic. No question some kind of "centering" is helpful. I find a sharp edge or point to focus on. The edge of point I just feel the energy all come together at that point. If you read that Christopher Hills "Into Meditation Now" Section Zero there is a lot more to it.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, it just seems to me if a person wants a chance, start with the physical dowsing first and leave the psychic stuff for those who don't get it.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, the term map dowsing is a misnomer. It's all psychic and so unreliable and inaccurate. Not saying it can't possibly work. That's why I relate it to the street gypsies. Well, I don't want to give them a bad name. LOL Kinda like those contingency lawyers who don't charge a fee unless they win. Now that's a real insult.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I apologize for that one. But here's another one. LOL Just think about it for a second and tell me how map dowsing is one bit different from using a Ouija Board? All you would have to do is tape a map on the Ouija Board and Shazam! (or whatever Gomer Pile would say) you got map dowsing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know the worst thing you can do, but not staying out of it is right up there near the top of the long list. Anytime you get involved then it is no longer dowsing. I guess a lot of this is ingrained into people and they just can't lose it. Want to be in control. Most people don't even realize it. For me, I accept the results then get the feedback. To try and reverse this it's like having your cake and eating it, too or how Lott's wife looked back. You can't peek. People develop bad habits. Really, dowsing is about self-mastery. Hidden agendas are not allowed. You know, greed, and all the other negative emotions that rob you of your energies and blind you from the truth. Until you can break yourself from this through some form of meditation it's just stabbing in the dark. Let's face it, the Western way of life is not conducive to dowsing. Sam "Lobo" Wolfe said there are only a handful of real map dowsers and they all walk close to God.

I have cautioned people to stay out of the psychic netherworld stuff. You are inviting evil spirits and entities into your soul. Might want to have an exorcist on your speed dial.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Honestly what i see on this forum is an attempt to discourage people so they will forfeit their treasure site. And my attempts have been to show people they have little chance around here because what I have seen is bogus. I've even said I think these fake dowsers are just skeptics in disguise. And don't forget, every skeptic I have seen says that dowsing works but they can't do it.
Again, the term map dowsing is a misnomer. It's all psychic and so unreliable and inaccurate. Not saying it can't possibly work. That's why I relate it to the street gypsies. Well, I don't want to give them a bad name.
But here's another one. LOL Just think about it for a second and tell me how map dowsing is one bit different from using a Ouija Board? All you would have to do is tape a map on the Ouija Board and Shazam! (or whatever Gomer Pile would say) you got map dowsing.
To try and reverse this it's like having your cake and eating it, too or how Lott's wife looked back. You can't peek. People develop bad habits. Really, dowsing is about self-mastery. Hidden agendas are not allowed. You know, greed, and all the other negative emotions that rob you of your energies and blind you from the truth. Until you can break yourself from this through some form of meditation it's just stabbing in the dark. Let's face it, the Western way of life is not conducive to dowsing. Sam "Lobo" Wolfe said there are only a handful of real map dowsers and they all walk close to God.

I have cautioned people to stay out of the psychic netherworld stuff. You are inviting evil spirits and entities into your soul. Might want to have an exorcist on your speed dial.

This is bull

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just fair warning that dabbling in that ouija board, psychic stuff can have bad effects. There's no difference between holding a pendulum and putting your fingers on the planchette. Surely you've seen the map dowsing technique where you move a ruler or straight edge across the map. Yeah sure, some people who claim they are dowsers are just phonies and have nothing to worry about cause they ain't never even going to get near the psychic/astral realm. LOL

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't quit now. It's just begun to get interesting.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other big caution I have for you has to do with hypnosis. It all sounds benign but after doing some research I found out that especially for amateurs it has the risk of serious psychological damage that might take years of psychotherapy to alleviate. Personally I would not trust anyone without a medical degree, but it's your life.

Meditation has none of the harmful issues and has many healthful benefits. When you read the dowsing books and they say meditation is the way to go, you might think this is a no-brainer but there are the ignorant desperado's who have to jump in to see how deep the water is with the back alley hypnotism. Then like that TV commercial about the raccoon who ate the fowl tasting garbage tried to get the other raccoon to try it, there are some who have no business telling others to try it. It's the blind leading the blind, and they don't even tell you to Enter at your own peril.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In some cases, the psychological damage can be permanent. We're not talking about quitting a bad habit, this is about the bad effects gold can have on the person who "fought for it". I don't know if you have studied much on this, but tests have shown during meditation the person remains calm but under hypnosis the person can become extremely agitated or whatever. Yeah I know, it's your life, your well being. Do what you like but don't be stupid about it. Remember 70 - 80% of what you read on the internet is false, misleading. The phony "internet expert" is one day going to become a very derogatory term. The facts say it already is.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions