Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Yes to both. If you practice a lot it is important that you keep your targets clean. The oil from your hands well make them useless. I use vinegar and salt to clean mine. Art

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cover your targets and if possible do it without looking, so the exact spot isn't known before checking using your L-rods. I would not attempt this on a house floor of wood over floor joists because of iron nails or screws.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P
Nov 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you both so much for the reply,

When i try dowsing for gold, i take some gold stuff in my hand but i can't still find the gold stuff my friend has hidden in the ground, it seems like the L-Rods go for some other stuff like big rocks, is that possible to dowse only gold? Does it matter whether i hold a 22K piece of gold or a 18K one?

And BTW, i've heard it matters what time you do the dowsing using L-Rods, for ie. they claim the early morning would be better to try rods!

Thanks,
Peter

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple at the beginning is the key. Let's say, if your friend should put a large piece of cardboard (2 feet wide or more) over old coins or gold jewelry. You don't know exactly where, but you are putting yourself close enough for a beginner's response. If this works for you, take bigger steps. I suggest trying this first without baiting or holding any gold/silver.

Sure, practice should bring you to a point where, the rods will lead to the gold your friend hid.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody answered your question properly. I can only believe they don't know, probably because they think they know it all and won't continue their quest for knowledge. There's a word for that, but ignorant and arrogant will suffice. LOL If you want to learn, read "Supersensonics" by Christopher Hills. There is supposed to be a website drhills that sells his books, you can probably get a phone number there. Just remmeber 70% - 80% of what 's on the internet is false. Much higher percentage around here.

I'll give you one but it's way more complicated and that's why i say read the book. Freshly buried targets you need special device. My ground is dry--took 18 months before I could detect it. Depending on your equipment, even a note card can block the signal. Otherwise, just follow the sheep around here. You will at least think you are safe and the bad habits you learn will really boost your self-deception "skills". LOL

Mental dowsing--the psychic stuff these guys push--that's going to confuse you.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another really good book by Hills is "Into Meditation Now" Section Zero. He has the best info on meditation I have seen. Hills was president of the World Yoga Organization (or something like that). You read his books and every single word is --some call it the Dowser's Bible.

Hills inherited the works of over 150 dowsers--mostly European--from the first half of the 1900's . This was the Golden Age of Dowsing. He knew more than any human in modern times. No witchcraft or superstition like you get around here..

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Signal Line, I advise you stop insulting members, only two other members have responded to this thread and you just called them " ignorant and arrogant"...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have been warned.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread